PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR and P3D

VCN-1
October 9th, 2012, 13:16
NaturalPoint/TrackIR has released new drivers. It is beta but it supports P3D without changing the language.dll file.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

VCN-1

Naismith
October 9th, 2012, 22:10
A step in right direction!

Lionheart
October 10th, 2012, 09:34
Thansk VCN for the heads up.

:salute:

Bill

falcon409
October 10th, 2012, 15:46
NaturalPoint/TrackIR has released new drivers. It is beta but it supports P3D without changing the language.dll file.
VCN-1
I wonder who "blinked" first? NaturalPoint had said they weren't going to utilize "simconnect" which is part of P3D and Lockheed said they weren't going to add TrackIR coding to their program, lol. . .it appears there were concessions made somewhere.

ZEUS67
October 13th, 2012, 07:05
I wonder who "blinked" first? NaturalPoint had said they weren't going to utilize "simconnect" which is part of P3D and Lockheed said they weren't going to add TrackIR coding to their program, lol. . .it appears there were concessions made somewhere.

Since I heard about the "dll fix", I knew that NaturalPoint had a lot of egg in their face- They had got into a screaming match against Lockheed and then somebody shows that it was only a version checker function in the code that was giving everybody grief. NaturalPoint probably just decided to fix it and not make any comment hoping that everybody will forget the cat fight about simconnect.

stansdds
October 13th, 2012, 10:04
TrackIR functionality in P3D sure makes P3D more appealing to me.

Daveroo
October 14th, 2012, 18:00
i just came to this section to ask if there was any updates to trackir and P3D....this looks promising...i may take the plunge yet