PDA

View Full Version : Any Traffic X owner out there.

limjack
October 8th, 2012, 09:23
Thanks to Orbx I have been bush flying the NW for this past year and decided to try the tube liners again at the major hubs. When sitting on the tarmac I noticed my AI planes were no longer making the Roar or reverse thrust sound upon landing. I do hear the tires hitting the runway as well as engines spooling around me but that roar of the engine upon touchdown is gone. Any Ideas? ThanksJim

limjack
October 8th, 2012, 09:23
I do have the SP1 installed as well.Jim

Martyn
October 10th, 2012, 01:25
Hi Jim,

Can you try changing the SOUND_LOD=1 line in your FSX.cfg to SOUND_LOD=0, to see if that fixes it?

Thanks
Martyn

limjack
October 10th, 2012, 16:39
Thanks Martyn for the reply but have much bigger issue now. Fsx has been crashing to desktop. Loads splash screen then quits. :isadizzy: Tried system restore, fsx recovery on disk, log book recovery, rebuilt config file , run under xp compatability and sacrificed one chicken and no joy. The week prior to this I downloaded the new gsx update and tried a new shader that they were playing with over at the avsim forum. Shader did not work on My system so I removed it. Gsx update went fine and used the program alot since i was on vacation so played with it for 4 days prior to the issue I now face. Last flight I took when fsx went offline was at klas and the terminal disappeared but jetway remained. Mystery. Now I must find answer or do reinstall.

Sad Jim

CG_1976
October 10th, 2012, 16:47
"was at klas and the terminal disappeared but jetway remained"

Is this FSDT LAX? If so this might help Go to FSDT site and download the stand alone Add on manager. Might need to update that. I say this as the LAX problem you mentioned happened to me once and I just DL the Stand Alone Manager and installed it and all was happy.

limjack
October 10th, 2012, 20:01
"was at klas and the terminal disappeared but jetway remained"

Is this FSDT LAX? If so this might help Go to FSDT site and download the stand alone Add on manager. Might need to update that. I say this as the LAX problem you mentioned happened to me once and I just DL the Stand Alone Manager and installed it and all was happy.

CG, will give that a try. It is the fsdt Klas. Las Vegas. Did not try the stand alone add on manager yet. Will give it a shot after work tomorrow.

Jim

limjack
October 11th, 2012, 18:00
:jump: You both hit it spot on. Sound to traffic X restored and re-downloaded the stand alone addon manager from fsdt. Thanks so much to the both of you pointing me in the right direction!!!!

Back to being

Happy

Jim