PDA

View Full Version : Free Gift and 50% Sale at Earthsimulations

IanHenry
October 8th, 2012, 00:15
Hi,
Earthsimulations are offering a 50% discount on there flight sim products. They have also released free a Treescapes package for owners of the Playsim/Horizon volumes 4 & 5, Scotland's Western Isles and the Shetlands & Orkneys. Those packages are already some of the most beautiful scenery for FSX, so now they should be even better. Many thanks to Darren and Vicky at Earthsimulations.

http://earthsimulations.com/

Regards,
Ian.

Mr.Mugel
October 14th, 2012, 03:31
Regarding this one, I am thinking about buying Guernsey or maybe Isles of Scilly, as a base for my warbirds to fly out of. Isles of Scilly looks pretty nice, but the runway seems to be quite short. Shorter than Plum Island, where I am playing with most birds now. So Spitfire and P-40 should easily do it, but I still need practice with the Mustang...

Guernsey is big enought for even the B-17, I guess, but I am concerned about frame rates, a little. Could anybody share his experience with this maybe?

Helldiver
October 14th, 2012, 06:07
It's great to hear you're flying out of Plum Island Aerodrome. It's only a half mile where I live and I visit it two or three times a week, to join the Liars Club. It's the worlds oldest operational Airport since it was founded by Starling Burgess in 1910.
It has two runways. One that's paved, that is 2100 feet log and another grass strip that runs diagonal, and is 2400 feet long. Pilatus Turbo Props PC-21 regulary use it to practice on.
I can tell you that Bill Womack did a marvelous, meticulous job on it, including most of Newburyport and Plum Island. He calls it "The $100 Dollar Hamburger". What you look at is the real thing. The "terminal" buildimg has a nice little museum with a display of Burgess first aircraft and hanger, plus an extensive library of Aviation related books.
If you find yourself in the neighborhood, on a second Sunday of the month, stop by and get a Hamburger or a Hot Dog for free. Maybe they'll even throw in a cup of Chowder.

Roger
October 14th, 2012, 06:43
Just bought and flew Alderney and now I'm downloading Guernsey too. No real fps issues at Alderney and hopefully I'll experience the same at Guernsey.
If you do buy any of their product and have any ORBX scenery, set the FTX Central control panel to default FsX as Earth simulations library will overwrite the ORBX files.

Roger
October 14th, 2012, 14:33
Guernsey brings fps right down but I think there must be a control panel where various features can be turned on and off but I haven't found it yet. Anyone know where it is?

IanHenry
October 15th, 2012, 00:19
Guernsey brings fps right down but I think there must be a control panel where various features can be turned on and off but I haven't found it yet. Anyone know where it is?

No I don't think there is one Roger. I think that for that level of detail, there will always be a price to pay. Thake a look at Earthsims Shewbury Fields, it's fantastic, but you must have the Horizon photoscenery Vol 2 installed.

Ian.

T6flyer
October 15th, 2012, 02:52
Thanks for the HU. Yesterday from Flightstore I bought the Treescape package for Vol 1 of the Horizon VFR Scenery at FULL price. Pity, but then again I'd been umming and arrhhing for weeks, so am not that bothered (really:)).

I bought the Isles of Scilly package before I bought my PC as its almost on my doorstep and we try to fly there as often as we can. Its very good, but the runways are flat when in real life some of them can be rather sporting on finals!! The ground can come up to meet you rather quickly, if you get things a little wrong.

Flown to Alderney twice, so might think about that, but not sure if will purchase today. Wallet is calling me from another room though!!

Cheers,

Martin