PDA

View Full Version : Engine starting in P3D

AussieMan
October 7th, 2012, 14:18
I am having some problems with starting engines, both jet and prop in P3D. Sometimes they work first time and other times I need to have one of the default aircraft with their engines running and then change aircraft.

I did read about a fix for the problem but when I went back to look for it I couldn't find it. Any help appreciated.

Clutch Cargo
October 8th, 2012, 08:55
Hey Assieman,

I sometimes can have that issue. For me is was usually the fuel line that was on 'CUT OFF' mode. What I did was assign one of my toggles switches to 'Fuel Run/Cutoff'. For jets I would assign a button to each engine. This has worked for me.

Clutch

Lionheart
October 8th, 2012, 09:42
Yep. Several pre-saved cold and dark flights in exotic addons will cause other planes 'not' to be able to start when used in 'other' saved cold and dark flights.

A good way to fix the situation if you want to save that 'one' plane in anothers cold and dark is to open the FLT file with Notepad and look for electrical and fuel things that have 'False' next to them. Change to True and it should then start.

Another thing is to start the 'original' plane in that cold and dark so that all systems are running, then open up the new plane in it (all running) and shut that new one down in your cold and dark. This way you keep your save point, park spot, weather, etc, and it will start.

Bill

AussieMan
October 8th, 2012, 13:32
Thanks Bill, that is the exact reply I had seen previously. Will go back and copy/paste it to Word and keep it safe.

Lionheart
October 8th, 2012, 21:55
What would be cool is a tool that can read a saved FLT file. This could show you what is turned on and off, etc, and perhaps, if possible, a tool that could also turn things on and off so that you could quickly turn something on that is keeping your plane from starting.Bill

jmig
October 9th, 2012, 03:39
This is an interesting thread. In all my years of sim flying, I never knew that system settings were in the FLT file. I thought it only had the airport location and waypoints, etc. I need to look at some FLT file more closely. Thanks for the idea Bill.