PDA

View Full Version : Orbx install process if FSX is not installed?

OleBoy
October 6th, 2012, 06:53
Having been a dedicated FSX'r, linking Orbx scenery to P3D was some what easy with the migration tool.
Now, and not having FSX installed, what's the procedure I need to run through to install my Orbx scenery directly?

It seems a Google search tells the story. Currently there is no direct install. Just great.

Clutch Cargo
October 6th, 2012, 10:14
I believe they are working on a solution/tool to move addons to P3D or install just to P3D directly. Guess a lot of simmers our abandoning FSX altogether and has caught Orbx a little off guard. There's still an outstanding issue of orbxflow .dll error messages appearing every time you start P3D. No harm just has the message, but they are working on that too. Best to check every so often in the Orbx forums for when the release the updates.

Clutch

Lionheart
October 8th, 2012, 09:50
I think developers do not realise how fast P3D is growing. They are shooting themselves in the foot when denying updates and mods for their product lines to work properly in P3D.

A thing I am really mad about with ORBX is that with P3D Build 1.4 is now the ORBX DLL's popup saying to either ignore this non tested product or play 'once'. Which means, each time I boot up a flight, I have 6 ORBX DLL's that popup to run 'once', so its 6 BINGS that go off. (I hate it). P3D say that its an issue wtih the ORBX files, not P3.

In the mean time, we can have FSX in the P3D folder and at least load them there when its at all possible. I do not recommend making a folder route that is FSX and have P3D in there. That will goof things up quite a bit. Putting the FSX.exe file in there, will help for some installers.

I hope ORBX get the systems for P3D going properly soon.

OleBoy
October 8th, 2012, 15:32
Bill, I agree 110%. Why they (Orbx) advertise as being P3D compliant when they in fact are not, is ridiculous when we are forced to have FSX installed to use the product.
P3D is all I have installed. And P3D is what I want to use. I may as well run a power cord over to the neighbors house and tap into their power. Then I can call the utility district and tell them to pull the meter at my house. I could save a lot of money if I wanted to be dishonest. :icon_lol: :isadizzy:

Roger
October 8th, 2012, 15:39
ORBX will have even more issues when P3D goes Dx11 in V.2. Those of us going Dx10 in FsX are finding more and more sceneries that are not fully Dx10 compliant.

Lionheart
October 8th, 2012, 21:53
DX10 is difficult or odd to make things for. Some of my planes materials (textures) do not function. I have gone through the Materials and they are all proper and FSX format and still the textures do not always function correctly in DX10 mode. It would be nice to have a testing device that could tell us why materials arent working in DX10.

Phantom88
November 24th, 2012, 06:24
Hello,I've just purchased Prepar3D after weeks of trying to get my FSX to start with no joy.Is this still an issue with installing Orbx products directly to prepar3D?
If so.what do I need to convert my FSX Orbx scenery into Prepar3D? Any help/links would be fantastic.Thank You:salute:

Clutch Cargo
November 24th, 2012, 08:46
Patrick,

as far as I know the newer releases allow you to install into P3D. And they are creating new installers for older ones.. Their website show a lot of Aussie sceneries now updated so I guess they are just going through their list of products. They have a program called the Orbx P3D Migrator Linker that I believe is the tool I used to go through my older airports but it's been a while. But all my airports are working in P3D. From what I can see the Migrator is just creating a link so you do not need two copies of the airport installed. Problem is, as some mention is what if you no longer have FSX installed? I think that is what the new installers will fix. I still have FSX so it is not an issue for me.

The only issue I have not resolved is the Orbx ObjectFlow_XXXX_P3D.dll files. Each time you start P3D you will get a message asking if you want to run it or not which can get to be a little redundant if you have a lot of Orbx stuff. So I am going through each of my airports - some require it to see all the animation happening, some airports do not seem to need it (older ones?) They are working on updates for this issue too.

So not smooth as butter but for me not a show stopper for me as I know Orbx is a big promoter of P3D and are actively working on this.

Hope this rambling helps, ha!

Clutch

Lionheart
November 24th, 2012, 09:04
Having been a dedicated FSX'r, linking Orbx scenery to P3D was some what easy with the migration tool.
Now, and not having FSX installed, what's the procedure I need to run through to install my Orbx scenery directly?

It seems a Google search tells the story. Currently there is no direct install. Just great.

I wonder.... For those that do not have FSX. What if you 'created' a dummy FSX exe file? Create a text file with some writing in it, like blah blah blah, and save it. Then right click and rename it FSX.exe. Drop that into your P3D folder and see if your P3D will then import.

You might also be able to get the Flight1 Registry Repair tool (free download) and run it, and direct it to have FSX in your P3D folder, click OK, exit. Then run the ORBX installers and see if they load into FSX.

Worth a try.

Phantom88
November 24th, 2012, 09:42
:salute:Thank You Clutch,Cheers

almccoyjr
November 24th, 2012, 11:24
ORBX has released a patch for the ObjectFlow dll popup error. It's for scenery with dual (FSX_P3D) installers.

plug_nickel