PDA

View Full Version : FSX Minsk Etc.

FSDSMAN
October 6th, 2012, 00:29
OK as posted in another thread - if anybody wishes to help/convert the models for FSX Carriers etc here is a basic model to try primarily to see if the hard deck works on the new compiles.
If anybody is interested contact me at mark.harper@btconnect.com
File = "http:/mark-harper.co.uk/Minsk-Beta.zip"
You may have to cut and paste into your browser
It will be there for a short time only

letourn
October 6th, 2012, 16:38
Convert the model to Aicarrier today...Works fine some minor problems only

lazarus
October 6th, 2012, 18:25

AI folder for Minsk. Just put the model in the model folder, textures in the texture folder. looks and works da bomb. 2 absolutley fantastic Project 1143's on the same day. who'd have thought. Many, many thanks!

CG_1976
October 6th, 2012, 19:47
How do you get one of those Vodka bottles to sail around Sach's harbor Island Canada like a vulture? I need something to torpedo with Piglets skyraider and Bushpilot's RCN paint.

FSDSMAN
October 6th, 2012, 21:11
OK I will update and add the full model later today perhaps and some of the others with night lighting and full textures etc.

fsafranek
October 6th, 2012, 21:28
Very nice. Thank you!
:ernae:

lazarus
October 6th, 2012, 22:17
Very nice, thank you. I guess I should step on it and get that KIROV textured now! :a1089:

sepp666
October 7th, 2012, 02:04
Nice, nice.
The Soviet Navy is growing...

Look at the pictures here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiew-Klasse

morpheusfz
October 7th, 2012, 02:39

Cool...:salute:

sepp666
October 7th, 2012, 02:54
O.T.: Could someone explain me how to stand in the air(hoover?) with this one: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=860737

-flaps full and then?

FSDSMAN
October 7th, 2012, 04:48
OK The old file has been removed and replaced by this one.
http:/mark-harper.co.uk/Minsk-Beta2.zip

Added default wakes etc and also texture format and night textures. Let me know if any problems

FSDSMAN
October 7th, 2012, 05:55
OK an Akula Sub is now also available
http:/mark-harper.co.uk/Akula.zip

lazarus
October 7th, 2012, 09:23

Fantastic! Both ships just look and run great. Very well done, Mark and Hadi. Basic KIROV class CGN beta,no textures mapped yet, landable (see README)
looks good riding shotgun. Whole other whack of sov fleet stuff at AVSIM RU, in FSX AI Aircraft and scheduals-KRESTAs, KASHINS, MOSKVAs,and more AKULAs.

Dave Torkington
October 7th, 2012, 09:25
Thanks very much for sharing these Mark!

Cheers, Dave :salute:

FSDSMAN
October 7th, 2012, 10:57
No Problem Dave. Been on my hard drive since my Alphasim days so a long long time. Time to clean the shelves. I do not see the latest version yet though in the sim

airattackimages
October 7th, 2012, 11:17
This is awesome Mark! Any chance of Admiral Kuretsov (not sure I spelled that right)

FSDSMAN
October 7th, 2012, 12:33
Again the Kuznetsov has been done for over 3 years now (Native FSX) but I owe a few favours - sort of. So keep your eyes open for developments shortly but it should be available very soon in some form. The next freeware task is the Kara class with helo pad. Again been done for about 4 years - never got round to releasing it.
The entire project with all ships was going to be a complete set as payware but I have so much other stuff on the books and with the team I am working with at the moment they raise my eyebrows in what they can achieve with systems etc that I feel that almost all of the old stuff gathering dust just does not warrent the extra work to bring it up to payware standard - so you get it - AS IS for free. You have to be patient as I am sure there are a few things that need resolving on these but that is "freeware" and I will given the free time resolve any issues with them.
All I can say is that I have always tried to bundle stuff so the next project (top secrect but called model 303 in official terms) will have scenery to go with it and that is taking up my time at the moment.
Let me know if there are problems with the latest version of the Minsk and Akula as I have changed the format and texture tweaks a bit.
Happy landings

bruce448
October 7th, 2012, 13:15
[QUOTE=FSDSMAN;751713] (top secrect but called model 303 in official terms)

Tomcat http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-history-f14a.htm ??????

vora
October 7th, 2012, 13:30
... (top secrect but called model 303 in official terms) ...
You surely didn't think you could drop that^^ at SOH and get away with it, did you? :icon_lol:

Is it the Tomcat project that Michael began with Aerosoft?

lazarus
October 7th, 2012, 13:50

Very nice. Had 7 different combatants buzzing around and the frame rates were great. The wakes and animations look terrific. He's a fine looking ship.
AI configs for the BETA2 and AKULA. So far, so good, but only had a few minutes to check things over befor the turkey day feeding frenzy begins, so must be off!

FSX68
October 7th, 2012, 15:13
OK The old file has been removed and replaced by this one.
http:/mark-harper.co.uk/Minsk-Beta2.zip

Added default wakes etc and also texture format and night textures. Let me know if any problems

Is this suppose to work with AI carriers as is? I see no sim.cfg file.

Just how are the files set up and this is activated?

Edit: I made my own sim.cfg and managed to follow logic used for you other boat and it works. I don't see any wakes.

FSX68
October 7th, 2012, 15:16
OK an Akula Sub is now also available
http:/mark-harper.co.uk/Akula.zip

What folders do I place these files in?

airattackimages
October 7th, 2012, 16:28
Again the Kuznetsov has been done for over 3 years now (Native FSX) but I owe a few favours - sort of. So keep your eyes open for developments shortly but it should be available very soon in some form. The next freeware task is the Kara class with helo pad. Again been done for about 4 years - never got round to releasing it.
The entire project with all ships was going to be a complete set as payware but I have so much other stuff on the books and with the team I am working with at the moment they raise my eyebrows in what they can achieve with systems etc that I feel that almost all of the old stuff gathering dust just does not warrent the extra work to bring it up to payware standard - so you get it - AS IS for free. You have to be patient as I am sure there are a few things that need resolving on these but that is "freeware" and I will given the free time resolve any issues with them.
All I can say is that I have always tried to bundle stuff so the next project (top secrect but called model 303 in official terms) will have scenery to go with it and that is taking up my time at the moment.
Let me know if there are problems with the latest version of the Minsk and Akula as I have changed the format and texture tweaks a bit.
Happy landings

Awesome news! Thanks for the reply Mark. :)

FSDSMAN
October 7th, 2012, 21:28
You surely didn't think you could drop that^^ at SOH and get away with it, did you? :icon_lol:

Is it the Tomcat project that Michael began with Aerosoft?
No I don't model in 3DSM. All new.

mathieu
October 8th, 2012, 04:04
Obviously, I must make something wrong !
Indeed, I paste the minsk or akula files in the boat folder.
And each time I use ai carrier with the minsk or the akula, I have a CTD!!

FSX68
October 8th, 2012, 06:00

Fantastic! Both ships just look and run great. Very well done, Mark and Hadi. Basic KIROV class CGN beta,no textures mapped yet, landable (see README)
looks good riding shotgun. Whole other whack of sov fleet stuff at AVSIM RU, in FSX AI Aircraft and scheduals-KRESTAs, KASHINS, MOSKVAs,and more AKULAs.

This file(s) will not show in AI carriers I get a object not placed error. I did also notice that the textures for the Kirov Nato 114 PAD contain flour bomb floating dock.
What is up with that? THose files are the same ones that are in the stock FSX Flour Bomb floating dock testures in the Boats folders, go ahead and take a look and see for yourself.
The titles will appear on the AI drop down and after you tell it the distance you want them at you then get a big 'nothing' and a message on object placement error.

No soup for you or me........:isadizzy:

fallenphoenix1986
October 8th, 2012, 06:57
There was an update of Mr. Ito's Yak-38 released over at fsim recently if anyones interested.

Might we see that gorgeous HMS Eagle model on your site released some day, would go perfectly with Rob Richardson's naval birds and the Flying Stations Wyvern. I understand you're pressed for time so don't want to sound like I'm begging, but I've been drooing over those screenies for years :jump:

Craig

Ps. On a related note, heres a pretty good vid of Mig-29K deck trials on the INS Vikramaditya:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=83c_1348994222&p=1

sepp666
October 8th, 2012, 09:13
Could someone please explain me step by step where i must put which file in to have the Minsk, Akula etc working with AIcarriers2?
It will not work for me...:pop4:

FSDSMAN
October 8th, 2012, 09:24
This file(s) will not show in AI carriers I get a object not placed error. I did also notice that the textures for the Kirov Nato 114 PAD contain flour bomb floating dock.
What is up with that? THose files are the same ones that are in the stock FSX Flour Bomb floating dock testures in the Boats folders, go ahead and take a look and see for yourself.
The titles will appear on the AI drop down and after you tell it the distance you want them at you then get a big 'nothing' and a message on object placement error.

No soup for you or me........:isadizzy:
Me Thinks you jumped in at the deep end and don't know how to swim
:blind:
What the hell is the Kirov Nato 114 PAD? Nothing to do with the models. These are models ONLY and need config files to make them work. I suggest you take swimming lessons and only dive in when a life guard is present.
If you observe the previous posts in this thread other people have done the work and uploaded the required files and as I pointed out I just build them and upload them for free if you want them but do not offer a life guard service or swimming lessons unless you want to pay :icon_lol:
Online translation is currently un-available at this time but most will get my drift.
Now where is me Vodka?

lazarus
October 8th, 2012, 11:08
Hey, FSDman. Thats for the rough KIROV beta. What we have here is FAILURE TO READ README FILE.
I have been unable to get a hard deck to compile, and I was looking at a method to add a hard deck to models for which there are no source files, but need a deck. The reason and operating details are in the KIROVS readme file. All they had to do was open, drop in files into boats and cut/paste into AICarriersconfig.

BTY, just great work in the bones of the model, keeping the polys down. He just runs like butter in the sim. I cannot beleive that Hes not payware quality. Very generous of you to release these for the mob. Again, many thanks.

next.

'Could someone please explain me step by step where i must put which file in to have the Minsk, Akula etc working with AIcarriers2?'

I'll just reprint the read me file. It is short, 'cause ...'Some time, mon; 'de time be 'mos precious...'

"straightforward. Model in model folder, textures in texture folder.
sections below in AICarriers

[formation.xx]
title=Soviet_SSN-971_AKULA_II_MH
unit.0=Soviet_SSN-971_AKULA_II_MH,0, 0

[formation.xx]
title=Red Navy_MINSK
unit.0=Soviet_Project_1143_Minsk_Heavy_Aviation_Cr uiser,0,0 ..."

Sooooo. I'll type S-L-O-W-L-Y, and L-O-U-D

DOWNLOAD MINSK BETA 2 AND AKULA FROM MARKS LINK.
UNZIP MINSK BETA2. INSIDE IS A FOLDER NAMED TEXTURE, AND A MODEL FILE NAMED 'Minsk_beta2'

DOWNLOAD 'MINSK _AKULA BETA2 SIMCONFIG' FROM PREVIOUS POST IN THIS THREAD. OPEN SAME.
INSIDE ARE 2 FOLDERS. ONE NAMED 'AKULA', AND ONE NAMED 'MINSK', WITH OTHER SPELL SYMBOLS YOU NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT IF YOU WISH.
(eg: Soviet_Project 1143_Minsk_Large_Aviation_Cruiser )
OPEN THE FOLDER NAMED 'Soviet_Project 1143_Minsk_Large_Aviation_Cruiser'

MOVE MODEL FILE NAMED 'Minsk_beta2' INTO FOLDER 'Soviet_Project 1143_Minsk_Large_Aviation_Cruiser',
THEN INTO THE FOLDER NAMED 'MODEL' INSIDE. THE MODEL CONFIG FILE IS ALL READY
SET.
OPEN 'Minsk_beta2' TEXTURE FOLDER, AND MOVE ALL TEXTURE FILES TO THE TEXTURE FOLDER IN SIDE 'Soviet_Project 1143_Minsk_Large_Aviation_Cruiser' .

REPEAT FOR AKULA.

MOVE THE NEWLY MADE SIM OBJECTS TO YOUR BOATS FILE.
OPEN YOUR AI CARRIERS SIM CONFIG FILE. ADD THESE 2 ENTRYS AT THE END OF YOU SIM CONFIG, AND RE NUMBER NEXT IN SEQUENCE.(EG: [FORMATION.1], [FORMATION.2] )

[formation.xx]
title=Soviet_SSN-971_AKULA_II_MH
unit.0=Soviet_SSN-971_AKULA_II_MH,0, 0

[formation.xx]
title=Red Navy_MINSK
unit.0=Soviet_Project_1143_Minsk_Heavy_Aviation_Cr uiser,0,0

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE OBJECT APPEARING IN SIM, CHECK FOR AN UN WANTED SPACE OR PUNCTUATION OR CHARACTER IN THE OBJECT NAMES, MODEL CONFIG, SIM CONFIG OR AI CARRIERS CONFIGURATION.

I down loaded all the bits and looked for errors, but everything looks copascetic.
A fair bit of reading is required to use this simulation. That is why readme files are put in. I try to keep readme files very short to avoid taxing the attention spans of the younger generations.
If thats just not your thang, perhaps a nice FPS shoot em up or smartphone based sim or 'FLIGHT' might be more your 'thing'.

morpheusfz
October 8th, 2012, 13:50

Welcome aboard...

shaggy
October 8th, 2012, 22:55
can you download this whole carriergroup for Aicarriers? or is each model a seperate download?

sepp666
October 9th, 2012, 00:30
Hey, FSDman. Thats for the rough KIROV beta. What we have here is FAILURE TO READ README FILE.
'Could someone please explain me step by step where i must put which file in to have the Minsk, Akula etc working with AIcarriers2?'

I'll just reprint the read me file. It is short, 'cause ...'Some time, mon; 'de time be 'mos precious...'

Sooooo. I'll type S-L-O-W-L-Y, and L-O-U-D

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE OBJECT APPEARING IN SIM, CHECK FOR AN UN WANTED SPACE OR PUNCTUATION OR CHARACTER IN THE OBJECT NAMES, MODEL CONFIG, SIM CONFIG OR AI CARRIERS CONFIGURATION.

I down loaded all the bits and looked for errors, but everything looks copascetic.
A fair bit of reading is required to use this simulation. That is why readme files are put in. I try to keep readme files very short to avoid taxing the attention spans of the younger generations.
If thats just not your thang, perhaps a nice FPS shoot em up or smartphone based sim or 'FLIGHT' might be more your 'thing'.
I have all done like you said, but it didn't worked... After the night, at this morning, i tried it again and? -Tada...-It works. I don't really know what solved the problem but I'm too happy to worry about.
I think that you've gone a bit to far with your last words - i have done everything like in your readme so don't talk to me that i haven't, i'm not stupid, ok!? You don't know how old i am but you call me Young Generation, ok?!
But the last sentence I take as a really agressive attack from you to me! Sorry, i'm really thankful for your work with the Russian Boats but to far is to far you don't have the permission to talk in that way to someone that didn't get those things to work by the first time - think about it!

Welcome aboard...

Hello morpheusfz,

don't you like to give us all the files from your carriergroup? It's really nice looking!:applause:

FSDSMAN
October 9th, 2012, 06:39
Can anybody confirm that the night textures work on the Minsk?

morpheusfz
October 9th, 2012, 07:12
You must Download the Project-1134A, Project 1134B, Project 1123 from Avsim.ru and the Minsk and Akula from this Thread.

Here is the Config for AiCarriers

[formation.xx]
title=Red Navy Fleet
unit.0=AI_Project-1123_Leningrad, -330, 0
unit.1=Soviet_Project_1143_Minsk_Heavy_Aviation_Cr uiser, -810, 804
unit.2=AI_Project-1134A_Chapaev, 510, 804
unit.3=AI_Project-1134B_Azov, 0, 1804
unit.4=Soviet_SSN-971_AKULA_II_MH, 0, 0

Hope that helps...:salute:

Minsk at night...

lazarus
October 9th, 2012, 10:55

Looks just fine. Nice set of night maps- something I have not figured out yet

sepp666. You're welcome.

FSDSMAN
October 9th, 2012, 11:40
Humm they need adjusting but it has been over 4 years since I worked on this - it was originally for FS9

PHo17
October 9th, 2012, 22:44
You must Download the Project-1134A, Project 1134B, Project 1123 from Avsim.ru and the Minsk and Akula from this Thread.

The link
File = "http:/mark-harper.co.uk/Minsk-Beta.zip"
You may have to cut and paste into your browser
It will be there for a short time only
doesn't work anymore.

FSDSMAN
October 13th, 2012, 10:34
I have removed the files for now because of rather abusive PM's from a member. Seems even freeware is under attack now days so they will be developed even more but not available to the public as they are not up to standard and some idiots can't read. Still they will be available for people that wish them in there current enhanced state but I will not make them available to everybody. Opinions sent to me are = and I quote" **** AND ********* and You Limeys think you rule the world.
So guess they will stay where they started from.
Sorry.

fallenphoenix1986
October 13th, 2012, 11:17
I havn't donloaded anything myself so don't know what they look like up close however the screens I have seen look great and as you say its free FFS. Some people really should take a running f*** to themselves.

Craig

petejg5
November 1st, 2012, 13:19
Is work on this project still been done or has it ground to a halt? It looks like you guys have put a lot of effort into this ship, it's a shame you got some abusive messages from what looks like an internet troll. In the words of Michael Cane from the Dark Night "Some people just want to see the world burn!"

Anyway I hope the project takes off again as it looks stunning. :cool:

MCDesigns
November 1st, 2012, 13:59
I have removed the files for now because of rather abusive PM's from a member. Seems even freeware is under attack now days so they will be developed even more but not available to the public as they are not up to standard and some idiots can't read. Still they will be available for people that wish them in there current enhanced state but I will not make them available to everybody. Opinions sent to me are = and I quote" **** AND ********* and You Limeys think you rule the world.
So guess they will stay where they started from.
Sorry.

I feel ya, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Looks like a great project, really hope to see it continue in one form or another!

FSDSMAN
November 4th, 2012, 11:53
Oh it will be continued - even though the version that most people sampled is over 3 years old. It should be available soon along with 20 or so other projects not posted or promoted on my site. I just hate loud mouths who claim to have done 10 tours of NAM - did it last 10 years or was they fighting for the French first?, Flown every aircraft in history, saved the world and shot down King Kong from the Empire State but can't even read a readme text file and then claim to be old enough to be my dad and gave the commandments to Moses.
When in reality all they have ever achieved is to *uck up a simple file download.
Still life goes on.

bruce448
November 4th, 2012, 12:06
Oh it will be continued - even though the version that most people sampled is over 3 years old. It should be available soon along with 20 or so other projects not posted or promoted on my site. I just hate loud mouths who claim to have done 10 tours of NAM - did it last 10 years or was they fighting for the French first?, Flown every aircraft in history, saved the world and shot down King Kong from the Empire State but can't even read a readme text file and then claim to be old enough to be my dad and gave the commandments to Moses.
When in reality all they have ever achieved is to *uck up a simple file download.
Still life goes on.

Well that clears up the Pm I sent you, Thank you for your efforts.

Bruce

FSDSMAN
November 4th, 2012, 12:44
Sorry I did not reply to your email Bruce but I simply just have not had the time. Remind me again and I will give you a link to download the model
Rgds
Mark

Roger
November 4th, 2012, 13:15
Come on fellas, there's some seriously good work going on here. Let's all be patient and keep our pantyhose in good order. Gainsayers button it...I do not want to close this thread but I will if it gets any worse!