PDA

View Full Version : Kafkaesque or is it me?

Roger
October 5th, 2012, 16:00
So I decided it was time to upgrade my Aerosoft Wilga. I checked my Aerosoft login details (I keep all my login details as txt) and attempted to login. Aerosoft doesn't know me...last login about 4 months ago. I request a new password but no message received so I request again and once more...no message that I had been successful. A while later I checked my e-mails to see if there were responces to SOH threads and there are 3 new password messages from Aerosoft...So I use the most recent and login. Guess what...yes you're right I cannot login. By now the possibility of obtaining the Wilga V2 update is looking very unlikely...but I paid for it and should be able to get the update. I've e-mailed them and hope to have a responce some time soon but I have taken years off my life with this unnecessary nonsense and the stress that this b***s*** causes.

Dain Arns
October 5th, 2012, 16:48
Well, you got me started, Roger. :icon_lol:
(This is the 'short' version of my tale of woe, dealing with Aerosoft's lack of customer service)

I bought the Carenado 206 through their store front because they were having a sale on it this summer.
Except the "Fully FSX" version they were supposedly selling, was the FS2004 portover version. :isadizzy:

I brought this to their attention through their Customer Support that it was not the 'Fully NATIVE FSX' version (That Carenado made in 2008), as they were advertising on their web site, but the version made back in 2006.
I sent numerous emails detailing how it was not the correct version and why, only to be told each time "they were looking into it".
After a couple months of not getting any response at all to solving the issue, I finally filed a Resolution complaint with PayPal.

I sent them another email, via PayPal, again with no response.
As it was getting close to the deadline of the resolution, they finally and suddenly contacted me asking "what the problem was?".
Aerosoft claimed they never received ANY of my emails, (funny though I got at least automated responses each time I contacted them).
Then they claimed it was my fault for not contacting them "the right way", and obviously had no intention of correcting the problem.
Whatever was said to PayPal by Aerosoft must have been interesting, as PayPal declined to refund my money.

So needless to say, Aerosoft has gotten the last money ever from me, someone who was once a long-time customer and supporter.
Quite frankly they used to have excellent customer service, but obviously that is not a consideration any longer over there.

Good luck to you, Roger, I hope you get your update.

Anneke
October 6th, 2012, 00:33
Never had any problems with Aerosoft. Great software developer and distributor. Advanced products and great support. But I have to say that since April I haven't bought anything from anyone...

Dain Arns
October 6th, 2012, 02:20
Never had any problems with Aerosoft. Great software developer and distributor. Advanced products and great support. But I have to say that since April I haven't bought anything from anyone...

Prior to this recent experience with Roger's situation and myself, I would have agreed with you 110%. :kilroy:

Ferry_vO
October 6th, 2012, 02:45
Back in 2008 I bought the Hughes H-1 on CD at the FS Weekend. It was basically a download version but burned on a disc. Shortly after Aerosoft released the 1.10 update, but I couldn't get that because it required redownloading the entire aircraft which I couldn't do because I didn't buy it at their download shop. Only this summer, after almost four years of sending regular tickets, e.mails and even speaking directly to Mathijs at another Fs weekend and mailing him at his personal adress did I manage to get a new download added to my account.........

I never had problems with other Aerosoft products though, but this was an extreme case...

Tim-HH
October 6th, 2012, 03:15
Hi Roger,

I checked my Aerosoft login details (I keep all my login details as txt) and attempted to login. Aerosoft doesn't know me...last login about 4 months ago. I request a new password but no message received so I request again and once more...no message that I had been successful.

Aerosoft has two different stores: The "Box-Shop" and the "Download-Shop". Are you sure you used the correct login field? :)

Greetings
Tim

Mathias
October 6th, 2012, 03:15
I have never been able to get any of their patches through their ridiculous login/registration procedures so I stopped dealing with them alltogether.
There is only so much burden you can put on your customers and that's definitely too much.

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2012, 05:49
I've not only been an owner of Aerosoft products, but further have worked for them for years. I own nearly every FSX product to date and I must say I have NEVER had an issue with their system or getting patches. EVER. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues, but I must say I, nor anyone working for me has ever had issues with the system.

Roger
October 6th, 2012, 06:20
Hi Roger,

Aerosoft has two different stores: The "Box-Shop" and the "Download-Shop". Are you sure you used the correct login field? :)

Greetings
Tim

Hi Tim,
It's their download shop that I use.

kilo delta
October 6th, 2012, 07:06
I'm useless for remembering login information. Just tried to access my Aerosoft account and was wondering why I couldn't get in. Turn's out I was using my forum login user name rather than my email address in the user name field.:isadizzy::icon_lol:

Daveroo
October 6th, 2012, 07:42
this thread made me awhare that there even was a update for the wilga,so i went to aerosoft to see what would happen,,,i had no problems at all,logged right in,opened my list of purchased products and got the updates for the wilga and the bronco.....

fleurdelys
October 6th, 2012, 08:21
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the HU on the Wilga's last update...:salute:

Although, I sympathize with you on your communication problem... :kilroy:

Turns out that I only had one plane bought through the Aerosoft store (Bronco) and it was accessible for re-download without problem.

Most of my shopping is done through one or two re-sellers and I went to Simmarket where most of my planes were listed along with the Wilga's last update which I downloaded without a hitch...

Using only one or two shops can be a blessing for the occasional PC crash (which I suffered in July) or when you want to check for updates.

Hope you can get things sorted out with them.

Fleurdelys

Roger
October 7th, 2012, 08:03
It's fixed. Thank you Aerosoft. Got the Wilga update and now to check out those skis!