PDA

View Full Version : Problem Reinstalling AiCarriers2

PutPut
October 4th, 2012, 17:54
I recently rebuilt my computer and have slowly been reinstalling everything on a new hard drive. Yesterday I got to Aicarriers2. I installed it using the built in installer and it appears everything went in the right place and the paths are correct. The entries in the XML.exe file are correct. When I hit Shift+J to launch it here is what the screen looks like; totally unintelligible!! Please note it honks up the FSX task bar at the same time. I have successfully installed this program a few times in the past with no problems so this has me totally baffled. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best, Paul:pop4:

PS I am using FSX Acceleration and Win 7 64 bit.

gradyhappyg
October 4th, 2012, 21:16
I've had that before but it's not so much AI carrier related it's graphics corruption.
Try turning down your scenery settings and or AI traffic.

PutPut
October 5th, 2012, 09:45
Thanks for your response. I turned down all my scenery and traffic settings and it did not make any difference. However, I think you did give me a clue. It certainly is some kind of graphics corruption. When I rebuilt my computer and started reinstalling things I did upgrade my video card driver to ATI's latest and greatest. Perhaps Aicarriers doesn't like it; will back down to the previous driver and try it tonight.

Best, Paul

Naismith
October 5th, 2012, 09:59
I am guessing you have an ATi card in your machine. If so Get the latest drivers, then try turning off Morphological filtering. Failing that turn down Anistropic. I had a similar thing.

Edit oops I see you have done some of that, it's a juggling act within Catalyst, it will come right eventually, but make the card do the work not the sim.

PutPut
October 5th, 2012, 10:05
I am guessing you have an ATi card in your machine. If so Get the latest drivers, then try turning off Morphological filtering. Failing that turn down Anistropic. I had a similar thing.

Edit oops I see you have done some of that, it's a juggling act within Catalyst, it will come right eventually, but make the card do the work not the sim.

It was the Anistropic filtering that did the trick. I set it to 4X and Aicarriers seems to work just fine. Thanks, Paul :salute::salute: