PDA

View Full Version : Dog1 IJN_Tulagi not Showing in Airfield List

superashi
October 3rd, 2012, 13:56
Hi...I installed Dog1's IJN_Tulagi (in a vanilla install of CFS2) and I can't seem to find an entry for it in the airfield list..What is the name of the airfield? I installed all his other airfields and they show up...of course these are updates to the stock fields but this one (IJN_Tulagi) isn't ?...Do you have to have some other scenery installed so IJN_Tulagi shows up?

thanks
superashi

Worthless
October 3rd, 2012, 16:17
Tulagi never had an airfield. There isn't area flat enough. Henderson Field is the nearest airstrip. Dog1's scenery has some seaplanes in it but there was no water takeoff that I remember.

superashi
October 4th, 2012, 16:18
Thanks Worthless! Flight heading for Tulagi from Henderson for a look see...

Superashi

kdriver
October 9th, 2012, 06:43
Hi Superashi,

I made an AFD file for Dog1's Tulagi seaplane base. Anuha Island airstrip is also not far to the north.

Kevin

superashi
October 9th, 2012, 13:04
Thanks kdriver! Can't wait to try it out...question about installing this file...there is no scenery folder for Tulagi...where do I place this file?

Superashi

kdriver
October 10th, 2012, 05:20
It really doesn't matter, but if you have a Solomon Islands scenery layer containing Maskrider's Solomons scenery that would be a logical place for it. If not, you could put it in the SCENEDB\afdfiles\scenery folder.

One thing to remember is there is a limit to the number of AFD files you can have active - approximately 200. Consequently I keep all my AFD files separate from the airfield scenery files to which they refer. I have all my add-on scenery infrastructure files active but only one or two AFD layers, which are grouped in geographical areas, active.

Here is part of my scenery.cfg file showing the Solomons and Australian scenery active but only the Solomons AFD active and the Australian AFD inactive:

[Area.056]
Title=Australia AFD
Local=ADDON\Australia AFD
Remote=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=56

[Area.057]
Title=Australia
Local=ADDON\Australia
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=57

[Area.058]
Title=Solomons AFD
Local=ADDON\Solomons AFD
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=58

[Area.059]
Title=Solomons
Local=ADDON\Solomons
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=59
Flatten.0=15.9,S9 6.88,E159 14.24,S9 6.20,E159 14.21,S9 6.16,E159 14.86,S9 6.84,E159 14.90