October 2nd, 2012, 18:00
"Hmmmmmm,.....I wonder what that rattling sound might be......."

Lionheart
October 2nd, 2012, 20:21
lol... I hope he landed ok.

Focus, focus, focus......

Allen
October 2nd, 2012, 20:24
I didn't know that they let blondes fly.....

gradyhappyg
October 2nd, 2012, 20:30
Well who wants to keep hooking and unhooking that towey thingy anywho?

luckydog
October 2nd, 2012, 20:55
:applause::applause::applause:

PeteHam
October 2nd, 2012, 21:36
Yep, I've seen that done, fortunately it was a light alloy tube tow bar rather than a heavier steel tube type.

The instructor and student missed it on the pre flight, or got distracted.

The flight lesson was stalling and the ensuing pitch changes during the stall recovery caused the prop and tow bar to connect with notches left in the tow bar and scuffs on the prop.

Mmmmmmm :ques:

I dare say more was learnt in hind sight.

Pete.

arfyhun
October 3rd, 2012, 05:35
'The markI tail hook was not judged a success'.

Graham.

srgalahad
October 3rd, 2012, 08:24
nasty oversight, but perhaps not as potentially dangerous as the Beaver that taxied out at dawn ( sleepy pilot) with the cement-filled 5 Gal pail still attached to the tail. Fortunately the prolonged taxi (noisy? hard to steer?) caused the cheap yellow poly rope to fray and break, depositing the 60+ pound cement block on the taxiway at the runway entrance to await the next departure. Thankfully it was spotted by a Mtce truckdriver who thought he saw sparks, removed and reported.

hubbabubba
October 3rd, 2012, 16:56
Look at the bright side; nobody's holding to it!:jump:

Mmmm... maybe someone was...:blind:

aircav1970
October 3rd, 2012, 16:59
Heheheh.....:applause:

mike_cyul
October 3rd, 2012, 17:03
I took off once without realizing the passenger side seatbelt had slipped out as I closed that door during pre-flight. All was well until a certain airspeed, when all of a sudden there was a very loud sound like a machine gun going off, as the belt suddenly flapped around and tapped the fuselage. Scared the bejeezus out of me. Told the tower, landed, no damage, and even saved money as I didn't need any more coffee that day.

Mike