PDA

View Full Version : No Thanks

lefty
October 1st, 2012, 10:27
What's all this 'Number of Thanks' rubbish ? Really tacky. No thanks.

hawkeye52
October 1st, 2012, 15:56
Ha! I have been wondering the same thing myself.

Maybe we old farts just don't belong to the "kinder, gentler" generation that requires constant "reinforcement". :icon_lol:

- H52

rdaniell
October 2nd, 2012, 03:51
What's all this 'Number of Thanks' rubbish ? Really tacky. No thanks.

I don't know either but, it looks like you have been thanked 6 times in one post.:icon_lol:

RD

arfyhun
October 2nd, 2012, 06:56
lefty, I agree with you 100%. I wanted to post as you have done when I saw the gizmo arrive on site but I didn't have the guts to do so in case I offended some timid soul somewhere.

Us both being British, I suppose it is not a thing we feel necessary. I personally, am more concerned with making my posts spelling & grammatically correct than using these 'new age' patronisations, (although I am guilty of using it once).

'Fetch the bathchair Creighton, I feel an attack of the gout is imminent. I fear I'm done for Polo in the morrow'.

Graham.

arfyhun
October 2nd, 2012, 07:01
Sorry lefty, I forgot to thank you....

paiken
October 2nd, 2012, 09:52
It's the SOH equivalent of the "like" button on faceblurt

bushpilot
October 2nd, 2012, 11:54
"like" button on faceblurt

It's a horrible invention. Instead of writing "thank you" or "I like your post and here is why..." you can just lazily click like. Takes the social out of social media. Not sure if I 'like' to see that kind of function on public forums either. Well to each it's own:running:

hey_moe
October 2nd, 2012, 12:14
Thank all of you guys for your input. This is something new we are trying. We tried this just to see who would be fussin....lol....is it working?

lefty
October 2nd, 2012, 13:26
It's all you trendy young whippersnappers in Admin, Mike........:jump:

Anyway, even if I wanted to (which I DON'T), I wouldn't know what to tick !

Thanks for the support, guys. Maybe I won't be drummed out of the Brownies for sedition after all.

molyned
October 2nd, 2012, 13:26
It's a horrible invention. Instead of writing "thank you" or "I like your post and here is why..." you can just lazily click like. =
Agreed.:stop:
Cheers:icon29:
Dave M(oly)

TARPSBird
October 2nd, 2012, 17:37
I saw the "thanks" thing a few days ago but I wasn't sure how to use it. I appreciate everybody's input here at SOH, but when somebody answers a question or helps me with a problem or uploads a new plane I say thank you in person by posting a response. I prefer doing it that way.

robert41
October 2nd, 2012, 18:54
I have seen this on a number of different forums in the last month or so. Something new.

Dangerousdave26
October 2nd, 2012, 19:27
Its not new vBulletin has had it as an option for a long time.

We have only just recently turned it on to let members Thank another member without having to post.

Its a great feature that if you choose not to use it is not in your way.

For those of us who would like to use it we like it.

lefty
October 2nd, 2012, 22:15
Dave - with respect, it means b****r all, because you haven't a clue who 'thanked' you, or for what !

(and still nobody has told me how people are doing it - there is no 'thank' button on any posts I can see...)

Rich
October 2nd, 2012, 22:31
As far as I can see very few want it including me, to long in the tooth or short of the teeth to want it.

Dangerousdave26
October 3rd, 2012, 04:30
Dave - with respect, it means b****r all, because you haven't a clue who 'thanked' you, or for what !

(and still nobody has told me how people are doing it - there is no 'thank' button on any posts I can see...)

Yes you actually can

Who thanked who shows up at the bottom of the post they were thanked on.

Of course it can't now because the feature was turned off yesterday.

KellyB
October 3rd, 2012, 05:22
Yes you actually can

Of course it can't now because the feature was turned off yesterday.

Thank you.

lefty
October 3rd, 2012, 06:50

Not on mine it didn't. Anyway, thanks for removing it. Popular choice.

magoo
October 3rd, 2012, 09:34
Now...if there was a button that would forward a box of chocolates, a cold sixpack, or a bag of hammers to a real address......that'd be usable.

Terry
October 3rd, 2012, 09:43
Just goes to show that there are people that would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope! :bump:

FireStorm II
October 3rd, 2012, 14:51
Yup, thanks...

Actually, I would like to thank all the guys that run this site,
and all the guys that make such interesting and helpful posts!

Penzoil3
October 4th, 2012, 01:14
Just goes to show that there are people that would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope! :bump:

Hell yes ! I want the oldest, rattiest rope imaginable. I want that sucker to break! What ever you do DON"T use a new rope!
Sue