:mixedsmi:

smoores
January 2nd, 2009, 17:23
ontario?

wombat666
January 2nd, 2009, 18:25
Indy '69 unless I'm way off the mark.
L - R.
Unser, Lola Offy T/C 4WD, Mario, Brawner Hawk Ford, AJ, Coyote Ford.
:kilroy:
Andretti's one and only win, Unser in second and can't remember what happened to Foyt.

Panther_99FS
January 2nd, 2009, 20:07
ontario?

:ernae: The original Ontario Motor Speedway (which I sorely miss :frown:)

smoores
January 2nd, 2009, 20:40
It was a whole lot better than California speedway. I can look over and see the remnants of it while sitting in the California speedway grandstands. California speedway is the track that needs to be torn down. Nascar needs to be raced at Irwindale.

Panther_99FS
January 3rd, 2009, 01:22
If my data is correct,
The differences between Indy & Ontario is that Ontario had a wee bit more banking in the short chutes & the straights were a bit wider....

The cool thing is that Indy gave Ontario some its famous bricks for the Ontario track :)

Panther_99FS
January 3rd, 2009, 01:41
Indy '69 unless I'm way off the mark.

*UPDATE*

I stand corrected - Wombat is correct, it's Indy 69. :redf::redf::redf:

Okay,
After some double-checking here are some real Ontario Motor Speedway Pictures...

wombat666
January 3rd, 2009, 06:42
My clue to Indy '69 (coming from my diminishing memory bank) was simply the three cars, Foyt on pole, Mario second and Unser on the outside.
The checkerboard Lola has been a longtime favourite and almost a winner as well.
:kilroy:
Re 'Ed's Update: Peter Revson and the Gulf Mac, a really good driver (and a gentleman as well) who was poised to have a great season in F1 when we lost him.
And it looks like Daniel Sexton Gurney is at the centre of shot #2, race number 48 was his IIRC.
:applause:

Panther_99FS
January 3rd, 2009, 09:23
Yeah...
I should've known better against saying you were wrong Wombat....:icon_lol::redf:

OMS also had a dang good road course too....Damn shame they tore the thing down though!:banghead::censored: