PDA

View Full Version : Prepar3d v1.4, Installed w/ activation issue

OleBoy
September 29th, 2012, 16:22
Does anyone know if when the version changed from 1.3, to v1.4, if the activation codes also changed?
The reason I'm asking is I can't get v1.4 activated by using previous info.

You are attempting to activate with a license assigned to a different product.
Activation Failed: Code 5010

EDIT:
It pays to read their forums :icon_lol: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=233
Then again, it is the weekend. My bets on that they don't re-set my activation any time soon. Least not in an hour or two.

Naismith
September 30th, 2012, 01:09
They have a history of poor support (read none) at the weekend, why they have the one strike rule as opposed to MS 3 strike rule befuddles me. As their customer base increases hopfully they will address the issue else they may need to employ a full time staffer to re-licence folks. On a +ve note during the week they re-licenced me within the hour when I did the upgrade. :mixedsmi:

Lionheart
September 30th, 2012, 11:18
Ive had them answer my emails before concerning issues during the weekend, once late on a Saturday night. Maybe everyone was away from computers, sleeping, etc.

I had a similar issue with a credit card, my account was locked. I couldnt change the card, then found out that in the FAQ section, they say to just redo a new account with new credit card. This is for Developers though.

OleBoy,

They do not resell the same sim. As far as I know, 2.0 will be free to present customers, so 1.4 is free as well. I am sure they can send you a code that will get the new version running again.

I ask that you peruse the FAQ section at P3 and see if your issue is one that others have. I am sure a fix would be posted in there.

http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Bill

OleBoy
September 30th, 2012, 12:12
Thanks, Bill.

I think in my case LM will need to re-active my registration info from the original purchase. Reason being, I formatted the drive and cleaned the registry, instead of doing the usual (right way) uninstall procedures as is recommended.
OH, by the way, related to SimConnect files, I still have issues even after installing P3D. Some how or another I need to get all those needed files back in their place. I'm hoping that once I get P3D activated, the P3D SDK will install and alleviate any issues related.

I wouldn't place a bet on my theory though! :pop4:

OleBoy
October 2nd, 2012, 17:00
It's been days since I installed the latest version 1.4, and it will not activate via their servers. The info that came with my original purchase (License ID:Password) is not working online to activate it.
I have sent many emails to P3D support in reference to the issue, and they have told me to use the info that came in the email after the product was purchased. I have. I have followed the "install" guidelines to-the-letter and it will not install. I'm beyond frustrated right now.

I logged into my account where I made the original purchase to confirm all the activation info was correct. It is. They (support) don't have a clue apparently what to do on their end to resolve the problem.
This is rediculious.

The latest version installed fine. What the trouble is, and why it will not activate via their servers, I have no clue.

Meshman
October 2nd, 2012, 19:33
Would it be worth the effort if you go back and reinstall 1.3 and try activating that again? If it catches, it might enable you to install 1.4?

OleBoy
October 4th, 2012, 04:39
Finally, and after days of wondering. My first post gave the clue.

You are attempting to activate with a license assigned to a different product.
Activation Failed: Code 5010

Q: When I go to activate Prepar3D, I keep getting error 5012 or 5010. What do I need to do?

A: That error occurs when trying to activate a copy of Prepar3D with an incompatible license type. For example, if you try to activate a Professional version of Prepar3D, but you use an Academic version license ID. You will need to make sure you install the correct version of Prepar3D and use the correct license for that version.

Next time I will log into my account to get the correct links! :icon_lol:

Lionheart
October 4th, 2012, 10:02
Ahhhhh.... Yep. They are three different versions. Even the Dev version is different from the other two.

Glad you found out what it was, Ole Boy.

Bill

nio
October 5th, 2012, 11:47
Just wanted to add that when acquired a new rig recently (not as described below) and needed to reactivate, the support was stellar.

best

nio

OleBoy
October 5th, 2012, 17:41
My friend that was downloading version 1.4 got the BSOD. He's currently unavailable to download it for me. So, I'm in process of downloading this behemoth. First part downloaded, two more to go.
Who knows, I might be fiddling with paint brushes more.

Good news. The download/install happened flawlessly. Well, almost. Now I need to find a way of getting Simconnect re-installed. This part of the P3D installation process did not work. Something to do with a "token" missing.