PDA

View Full Version : FCS Wellingtons new clothes

Ian Warren
September 29th, 2012, 13:35
Re-skinned wing textures using Keith Fretwell style of artwork of thirty five years ago re-digitalized for FCS Wellington , this aircraft "Bones" No.75 AA-B L7948 bearing the name "Cuthbert"
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/Welly.jpg
Released in another few days . :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Naismith
September 29th, 2012, 15:05
Looks like a painting imho. :kilroy:

Ian Warren
September 29th, 2012, 16:39
We will call it a FSX flying painting then :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jankees
September 30th, 2012, 00:12
looks real good!

RyanJames170
September 30th, 2012, 10:36
pic of VC?

Geomitrak
September 30th, 2012, 11:31
I wish there were more repaints of this Wellington. The model has one or two problems, but over all is pretty good. The VC is very good, I think.

Ian Warren
September 30th, 2012, 12:11
looks real good!
Coming from you JK , a real compliment , Thank you

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
September 30th, 2012, 12:32
I wish there were more repaints of this Wellington. The model has one or two problems, but over all is pretty good. The VC is very good, I think.

I agree , the VC has that nice pre war style cockpit but in areas appears to be incomplete , move forward and look out for a wing view you find the propeller spinners floating in space :eek: , externally the ailerons are way oversized few other details , if your a WWII bomber fan this is the only Wellington , maybe a little attention given they may go back to the drawing board and do a patch :cool:.

As for the textures i'm quietly going the information my good friend 'Barf' at the Wigram Museum archives gave me .. sifting through the details and with information since a lot of it was thrown away it a case research and sourcing photo material , there are a couple of paints for this one at Flightsim.com . :salute:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Geomitrak
September 30th, 2012, 20:20
Ian, very much looking forward to what you can come up with. A new Coastal Command one would be nice. And I agree with you - a little revision of the model, inside and out, and it would attract new customers.

Would it be possible for you to have a look at those double lines on the engine cowlings and nacelles ? I suppose they are meant to be panel lines, but they look more like the stitched seams on a pair of Levis to me.

All the best. :icon29:

Ian Warren
September 30th, 2012, 23:02
Would it be possible for you to have a look at those double lines on the engine cowlings and nacelles ? I suppose they are meant to be panel lines, but they look more like the stitched seams on a pair of Levis to me.

I'm sure we can look at that , take the jeans off so to speak :icon_lol: I'll have a scwizz through my bomber books , attracting new custom with an update , add a few extras .. deflate the tires a little :cool: give it the more real ground effect , ladder , chocks and course a must a tractor and bomb trolley would be great !

Geomitrak
October 1st, 2012, 10:51
Ian, thank you. Looking forward to what you come up with. Its a model that's already good enough to warrant further enhancements and improvements.

What are the chances of coming up with a basic paint kit ? Say basic white textures, with a new panel line layer, shading that hints at the framework beneath the fabric etc ? There must be hundreds of repaint possibilities for the Wimpy.

In the meantime, happy scwizzing.

Ian Warren
October 1st, 2012, 13:50
What are the chances of coming up with a basic paint kit ? Say basic white textures, with a new panel line layer, shading that hints at the framework beneath the fabric etc ? There must be hundreds of repaint possibilities for the Wimpy.

In the meantime, happy scwizzing.

While i was scwizzing :icon_lol: through the library i found only eight definitive schemes in which the wing pattern is very much the same , only real change is the colour , the model dose not lend itself to creating a paint kit but i guess i could do a series of unmarked , four are bomber command , two coastal and one desert and one Burma based scheme .

fsxar177
October 1st, 2012, 15:58
Is there a market for something like 24x18" glossy printed edited FSX screens...framed and ready for your wall as art??

That's beautiful!

Joseph

Ian Warren
October 1st, 2012, 17:09
Thanks<acronym> Joseph , ..... it still requires a lot of editing , bits and pieces just don't want to match up , little artist licence , war time they really bore the brunt so i guess a little damage here and there won't hurt </acronym>:eek:
<acronym>
Ive hit a little bit of a brick wall regarding the the aircraft coding , finding a photo with AA-V rather than the B listed , back to the museum . </acronym><acronym title="Prime Presents: The Last Ocean (PGR) (20:30 - 22:30) "></acronym><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jeansy
October 1st, 2012, 17:16
Looks great Ian I love the Wellington

it has one of the better VCs around

and now some more paints yippee

Ian Warren
October 1st, 2012, 18:58
Looks great Ian I love the Wellington
it has one of the better VCs around
and now some more paints yippee

Thanks Matt , Its one off those types , you keep coming back to ... the Vickers Wellington doco adds to the theme course the old War movie 'Target for tonight' , well we all no 'The Dam Busters' and Barnes Wallis asking for a Wellington ... 'they wont give you a Wellington "well do you think they would if you told them I designed it " :icon_lol: CLASSIC LINE :icon_lol:

Francois
October 2nd, 2012, 05:03
Very nice.

I bought it to use for screenshots over our upcoming product... gives a nice extra touch :-)

Ian Warren
October 2nd, 2012, 11:15
I bought it to use for screenshots over our upcoming product... gives a nice extra touch :-)

Ooo , now that sounds interesting ? :kilroy:

Francois
October 2nd, 2012, 11:34
:wavey: see my other thread :-)

Ian Warren
October 2nd, 2012, 14:36
:wavey: see my other thread :-)

Hmm ... I do get told by many at NZFF , ... if i do not have a gun its not quite right .. , D-day is a little different .. now that's when both sides can really come together , be interested to see what you come up with ;)