PDA

View Full Version : Would this burn your bacon while pumping gas?

hey_moe
September 27th, 2012, 14:21
http://www.wvec.com/news/SUV-driver-accused-of-trying-to-kill-gas-customer-at-pump-171446911.html

rayrey10
September 27th, 2012, 16:26
That is insane! I'd like to know what brought this on. Trying to kill someone is messed up, but trying to run over a random person at a gas station is just nuts.

TARPSBird
September 27th, 2012, 17:04
Lotta crazy people here in Tidewater, LOL. How about the shoot-out at the Rite-Aid pharmacy on Tidewater Dr. here in Norfolk a few weeks ago? Guy accused another guy of cutting in line at the prescription pick-up window, argument escalated, both had guns and opened fire, one guy ended up dead.

stansdds
September 28th, 2012, 02:06
The gene pool's filter is not working... hasn't been working for quite some time. That's just insane and looking at the footage he did not just hit the parked pickup truck, the pushed it as well.

TeaSea
September 28th, 2012, 15:32
I must admit. I would really rather not be run down while pumping gas.

Yep, pretty strong feelings on that point.

Roadburner440
September 28th, 2012, 16:56
Man Mike we got some crazy people here in Norfolk... News like that makes me glad that I choose to drive an electric car. Between psycho people at the gas station, and getting asked if I have spare change when trying to pump gas in the past I don't miss it.

brad kaste
September 29th, 2012, 07:52
Man Mike we got some crazy people here in Norfolk... News like that makes me glad that I choose to drive an electric car. Between psycho people at the gas station, and getting asked if I have spare change when trying to pump gas in the past I don't miss it.

The Chevy Volt electric car has gone over like a lead balloon with the car buying public. Maybe Chevrolet should run this video clip to get potential buyers into the showroom to check-out the Volt:kilroy:.

Roadburner440
September 30th, 2012, 06:45
The Chevy Volt electric car has gone over like a lead balloon with the car buying public. Maybe Chevrolet should run this video clip to get potential buyers into the showroom to check-out the Volt:kilroy:.

I know right? Car certaintly isn't for everyone. Probably will go down like the Bricklin SV1, DeLorean, or Edsel in automotive history... There are always some sort of car enthusiasts that like extremely weird and strange things though. Is a great concept if they can ever get the price on it down to a reasonable level.

Odie
September 30th, 2012, 09:42
After hearing about the Volt for months now, I finally saw one on the road the other day. Not a bad looking design from the outside (speaking not from the mechanical side). I much prefer my '93 Chevy K-5 Blazer tho.

Odie
September 30th, 2012, 15:22

Brad, funny you should mention this, but I heard a report a while back about someone that had an electric car and had hooked it up to a public charging station in a downtown area (Denver, I think)
and came back to find it unhooked and plugged into another car. He waited and confronted the other driver who shrugged his shoulders and said, "I thought it was done". Instead of "road rage", will we
be seeing "charge rage" in the future.

I guess you're on the honor system in instances like that.

stansdds
October 1st, 2012, 01:50
Charge rage, I love it! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

We probably will see charge rage over the cost of electricity if we see a major shift towards electric vehicles. The extra demand will place a heavy burden on the power grids, forcing expensive upgrades, and extra consumption will also mean higher prices for electricity. The decrease in the use of gasoline and diesel fuels means refineries will shut down, decreasing the supply, thus increasing the cost to those who will still require fossil fuels. There is no free lunch.

Roadburner440
October 1st, 2012, 12:05
The extra demand will place a heavy burden on the power grids, forcing expensive upgrades, and extra consumption will also mean higher prices for electricity. The decrease in the use of gasoline and diesel fuels means refineries will shut down, decreasing the supply, thus increasing the cost to those who will still require fossil fuels. There is no free lunch.

Interestingly enough the car itself does not use a lot of power. Just last month it cost $41 for my 1,253 miles that I drove. The biggest user in my house is the airconditioning unit. It abosolutely puts the car to shame. During the summer alone I saw my power bill spike nearly $170! The cars portion pretty much remained flat. I am not so sure refineries will shut down.. I am in the camp of thinking that I drive electric so that there is more gas for everyone else. That is the one great thing about the car that makes me think decades from now all cars will be like this. Cause you can charge if you have the time, or if it is an immediate emergency I can just pop in gas and go. If you ask me gas isn't going anywhere soon as it is just to convenient.

Henry
October 8th, 2012, 13:06
i could use one of these for the house!:blind:no go:icon33:H