PDA

View Full Version : 'Just Need To Figure Out Parking'

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2012, 15:48
So I've got a USGP ticket on hold - problem, is parking....:isadizzy:

Daveroo
September 27th, 2012, 06:51
look for a bus "group" from a nearby city,you go to the city and park in a safe lot,board the bus and get dropped off right at the gates ,and get picked up after the race,,,,they do this from sacramento to sonoma for nascar and IRL

Panther_99FS
September 27th, 2012, 09:03
There's a shuttle in Austin that runs to the track - but you must park somewhere to get on the bus.

Parking at the GP is $200+ (which is more expensive than the ticket) :monkies:

Cazzie
September 27th, 2012, 13:20
Ride a bike. :icon_lol: Well, that's what I do at VIR, but Austin is a street circuit and not a road course. But seriously, for large crowded races like LMCS and the former AMA bike races, a bicycle is the only way to get about fast and not have to walk miles. That's the terrible thing about a street circuit, parking, no such problems at road courses. However, if it speaks for the popularity of LMCS, in my entire lifetime of going to VIR, that race was the first in which they had to close off the infield to parking and park vehicles outside the track race day. Big crowd. Have fun at the AGP and send us some pix.

Panther_99FS
September 27th, 2012, 16:27
LoL tks Cazz! :ernae:
Actually however, Circuit of the Americas in Austin is not a street circuit but rather a purpose built track
-> http://circuitoftheamericas.com/articles/cota-poised-for-a-strong-finish1 :mixedsmi: