PDA

View Full Version : A merging of designs?

pilottj
September 25th, 2012, 17:47
After taking it on some long cross country trips, then yanking and banking into some small bush strip, I was putzing around in the RV. I got to thinking that the RV does seem to combine the attributes of two planes that many of us have enjoyed in FS9 and FSX over the years. What if the SF-260 and Scout had a child? What would the result be? Ok the SF-260 is a fast aerobatic trainer that has fighter handling and good IFR/VFR X-country capability. Downside is that those thin laminar flow wings make it a bit of a runway hog. The Scout is your IFR capable bush plane with good STOL capabilities. The downside is as with most bush planes, it will take you awhile to get there at 115IAS. Makes you wonder if Richard VanGrusven was thinking about those two types or styles of aircraft when he designed the RV-7. Anyway I played with FSrecorder and took a formation shot. It is neat, you can look at the shapes of the two planes and see sort of a hybrid in the RV, combining attributes of each.
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/09/25/EAyH.jpg
Just some food for thought :)
Cheers
TJ

Chunk
September 25th, 2012, 19:56
Very cool TJ, and I can totally buy into that. I really cannot get enough of the RV!