PDA

View Full Version : I took the plunge...

djscoo
January 1st, 2009, 19:37
I just finished ordering parts from Newegg.

EVGA X58 intel core i7 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz
Corsair 850w PSU
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 SDRAM
Vista Ultimate 64-bit

I'll get Video card, Hard drives, disc drives, etc. locally. We have a locally owned retailer/builder that offers fair pricing on their products so I suspect I'll have no trouble getting the required materials from them.

The suspense is killing me!

txnetcop
January 2nd, 2009, 01:52
I just finished ordering parts from Newegg.

EVGA X58 intel core i7 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz
Corsair 850w PSU
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 SDRAM
Vista Ultimate 64-bit

I'll get Video card, Hard drives, disc drives, etc. locally. We have a locally owned retailer/builder that offers fair pricing on their products so I suspect I'll have no trouble getting the required materials from them.

The suspense is killing me!

I assume you mean MicroCenter or Frys here. You're best bet is MicroCenter for pricing and availability. Congratulations and best to you on your new build. All the testing I have done and seen through TechCorp tells me you will enjoy your new build-especially with games outside of FSX. It is wise that you got the 6GB Triple channel kit.
Ted

harleyman
January 6th, 2009, 11:55
I know several people using the V8 cooler on their i7'ws and its a good one.....

If you're looking into cooling that beast better.....

Gonna be a good one...:wave:

djscoo
January 6th, 2009, 12:44
I got my HD, 9800 GTX+, and Disk Drive today...according to Newegg the rest of the stuff will be in tomorrow. (It's on a truck from Houston). I'm really excited to get my hands dirty with this one, I'll post pictures during the build.

Edit: LOL I just looked at the tracking sheet and the box is 19 pounds!

harleyman
January 6th, 2009, 15:08
COOl...Keep us informed will ya....Its exciting...:ernae:

djscoo
January 7th, 2009, 19:24
DONE! it took me around three hours to build. I nearly had a heart attack, when I was getting disk boot errors. I switched dvd-drives with the other 'puter and got her running. I'll post pics once I get her cleaned up...she's a beauty!:friday:

djscoo
January 7th, 2009, 20:12
Need to work on the cables before I close her up, but...:woot:
I did Vista's system rating and have straight 5.9's

harleyman
January 7th, 2009, 20:25
Looking good.....Wow...Just three hours...Its a record...Congrats....

Ever figure out your error?

I have the most fun actually doing the cable manangment on mine...And I got good at it with a RMAed mobo ans then later a PSU....LOL

None of which were bad .....:amen:

Great job.....

djscoo
January 8th, 2009, 17:12
I got a Circuit City gift card for X-mas so I figured I could get a decent optical drive there...WRONG! It was just a bum drive (probably returned by someone else and put back on the shelf). I got my money back and went to a dependable resource, the Computer Shak ( a local builder/retailer) and picked up a blu-ray drive.:173go1:

harleyman
January 8th, 2009, 20:15
That was an easy fix...And went Blu-ray too.Excellent.....:applause: