PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone playing Take On helicopters..?

Ferry_vO
September 24th, 2012, 12:19
Because Steam has a sale for the next twenty hours; Take On and the Hind expansion pack for a bit over 10 euro ($13)!

Anyone here with an opinion on how it is?

Mr.Mugel
September 24th, 2012, 12:56
Sounds interesting... Would like some opinions, too!

GrinningJester
September 24th, 2012, 12:57
Short review would go something like;

Decent, but not the very best FM due to ArmA engine, fantastic graphics with only some mediocre areas, decent missions & content- but TONS of user added stuff, Great implementation of 3rd party cloud rendering package (Basically: Amazing looking clouds), I recommend it, well worth the money. :)

Ferry_vO
September 24th, 2012, 13:00
Decent, but not the very best FM due to ArmA engine,

I never played any of those games, so how does the FM compare to Fs9 (Too dam hard to fly a helicopter on full realism!) or FsX (Which is quite doable in a heavier helicopter)?

Is it game-like or more a sim?

Ferry_vO
September 24th, 2012, 13:23
Guess I'll find out when it's done downloading! :d

For 10 euro I can't even go and see a 1.5 hour long movie anymore these days (Make that double if I include drinks and parking!) so if I play this game any longer it will already be worth the ten bucks.

Gdavis101
September 24th, 2012, 14:47
Short review would go something like;

Decent, but not the very best FM due to ArmA engine, fantastic graphics with only some mediocre areas, decent missions & content- but TONS of user added stuff, Great implementation of 3rd party cloud rendering package (Basically: Amazing looking clouds), I recommend it, well worth the money. :)

Where does one find the 3rd party rendering package?

Thanks.

griphos
September 24th, 2012, 15:52
I tried the demo, which may or may not represent the full package well, but it was dismal! Both the graphics and particularly the FM was pretty bad, I thought.

JIMJAM
September 24th, 2012, 18:06
I no longer have it loaded but its the best heli dedicated sim out there. Well actually its probably the only one.......

For the price of a Abacus or maybe a engine and prop out of a A2A Warbird I say go for it.
I also bought a Steam game Sat moring for 12 bucks that was $60 just 4 months ago. I will be done soon and for about 18 hrs of entertainment I would say I got my moneys worth. Cant say the same about my gigs of $40 a pop FSX paywares that I rarely fly.

Barnes
September 24th, 2012, 22:06
I no longer have it loaded but its the best heli dedicated sim out there. Well actually its probably the only one.......

For the price of a Abacus or maybe a engine and prop out of a A2A Warbird I say go for it.
I also bought a Steam game Sat moring for 12 bucks that was $60 just 4 months ago. I will be done soon and for about 18 hrs of entertainment I would say I got my moneys worth. Cant say the same about my gigs of $40 a pop FSX paywares that I rarely fly.

I agree with you completely.

YoYo
September 25th, 2012, 03:23
Two reviews:

http://yoyosims.pl/Takeonhelicopters.html
and Hinds:
http://yoyosims.pl/TOHAddons.html
if You want please use the Google translator :).

Ferry_vO
September 25th, 2012, 05:17
How the f*** do I get my Saitek X-52 to work......? I've tried mapping the throttle to the collective, but it seems to only work once, after that I just fall out of the sky no matter what I do....

Not impressed at all so far...

YoYo
September 25th, 2012, 06:11
I dont remeber how, just remember its a little difficult in the first touch to understand how setup controlers - but good news, You can setup all Your controlers as You want, I used TH Warthog Hotas and CH Quadrant Throttle. Worked ok for me. Now, Idont have ToH on the disc so cant explain how.

Ferry_vO
September 25th, 2012, 13:41
Throttle is still not working properly, graphics are blurry at best, controls are weird and not very logical, but I did fly it around a bit with the keyboard.
The actual flying isn't all that bad but I'm still disappointed.

YoYo
September 26th, 2012, 00:02
Hi,
check my videos with additional maps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZ-MrHH1O4&list=UUstPR1JT28ULlLtFmJ01BMg&index=8&feature=plcp
Like ORBX stuff :).

oakfloor
September 26th, 2012, 08:22
How the f*** do I get my Saitek X-52 to work......? I've tried mapping the throttle to the collective, but it seems to only work once, after that I just fall out of the sky no matter what I do....

Not impressed at all so far...

Same here,
what a waste of time..delete ASAP

Ferry_vO
September 26th, 2012, 09:15
Well I'm not giving up so easily, but it is somewhat frustrating. Sure glad I didn't pay full price though!