PDA

View Full Version : Fall is here

Crusader
September 22nd, 2012, 06:27
It won't be long . It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a few months away .

beana51
September 22nd, 2012, 12:38
<tbody>
One may feel a primeval feeling in the air.A quicker step, sharpened senses, The change in temperature,the Visual glory of Autumn starting...Frost on the growing pumpkins, Buffalo plaid shirts,the stillness in the woods,the aroma of leaves being burned,firewood being gathered, the hunt to start,days in the woods,deer all excited now,the timeless rut is on their mind,the bear gorging them selves,the barn now chock full of winter hay,and at local airstrips,the best time of the year for flight.....All in All a great time to be alive,and in tune with nature,as well as the glory of fall flight!! http://images.proboards.com/wink.gif

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/screenshot2424_zps40231b6e.jpg

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

rayrey10
September 22nd, 2012, 12:55
I went to Costco the other day and they already had the Christmas stuff on display. Unbelievable!

Ickie
September 22nd, 2012, 12:57
its 85 and sunny here, lol and wally world has xmas stuff out too.

I once had a pet wild turkey, gobble girl, lol it drove my old dog pooch nuts

Willy
September 22nd, 2012, 14:00
Yep, fall is here. I've started carrying my rifle out with me to take care of those pesky tree rat squirrels that are eating up my pecan crop.

I've got a few turkeys out behind the house. A hen and a young one colored up like wild ones and a Royal Palm gobbler (white with black edging on his feathers).

AussieMan
September 22nd, 2012, 14:04
You fellas are way behind. We have been enjoying Spring in Australia since the 1st of September and major chain stores have had Christmas decorations up since late July.

limjack
September 22nd, 2012, 16:17
:icon_lol: Took me a second but then I understood!

It won't be long . It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a few months away .

limjack
September 22nd, 2012, 16:24
I have worked for Costco for 25 years ( oh my). The way we deal with all seasonal merch is get it in early and try to have it gone three to four weeks before the Holiday.

Jim

I went to Costco the other day and they already had the Christmas stuff on display. Unbelievable!

aeromed202
September 22nd, 2012, 18:55
Man even my game has started to show some snow cover :frown:

TeaSea
September 22nd, 2012, 19:18
Me and Ickie are still in rainy season. That's how we measure time.

Thanksgiving is when rainy season is over.

CG_1976
September 22nd, 2012, 20:06
I'm screwed up system wise with this thing called Fall. I'm only used to Arctic winters and a short warming season. Well time to check on my front yard flag pole with the Maple Leaf/NWT flying proud in Texas.

Crusader
September 23rd, 2012, 04:02
Yep, fall is here. I've started carrying my rifle out with me to take care of those pesky tree rat squirrels that are eating up my pecan crop.

I've got a few turkeys out behind the house. A hen and a young one colored up like wild ones and a Royal Palm gobbler (white with black edging on his feathers).

Willy: Got to admit , I had to Google that one , I had forgotten about that particular species :icon_lol:. We have a lot of Gray and Fox squirrels . I used to hunt a lot (deer,rabbit, squirrel) but have slacked off the last four or five years . My son and son-in-law threaten to drag me out this year . The doe are already popping out more frequently now so "Rut" season must not be too far away . I could see where the "Rat" squirrel could be very destructive .

Good shooting !:tgun2:

Rich

Crusader
September 23rd, 2012, 04:13
<tbody>
One may feel a primeval feeling in the air.A quicker step, sharpened senses, The change in temperature,the Visual glory of Autumn starting...Frost on the growing pumpkins, Buffalo plaid shirts,the stillness in the woods,the aroma of leaves being burned,firewood being gathered, the hunt to start,days in the woods,deer all excited now,the timeless rut is on their mind,the bear gorging them selves,the barn now chock full of winter hay,and at local airstrips,the best time of the year for flight.....All in All a great time to be alive,and in tune with nature,as well as the glory of fall flight!! http://images.proboards.com/wink.gif

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/screenshot2424_zps40231b6e.jpg

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

Nice pic , the colors are beautiful and they deserve a real classic sitting in the forefront .

Below is my simple little getaway I built . Fall leaves , a hanger , little maintenance quonset
hut , a log house .

Jagdflieger
September 23rd, 2012, 07:49
Oh yeah. My favorite time of the year with most of the hunting seasons just around the corner.

beana51
September 23rd, 2012, 08:16
Very Nice Crusader!.. great Environment.you show....Those of us who live,or have lived in areas where Autumn is alive,can really.relate to this!...Unfortunately,my self,I now am in Flordia.A land of really no seasons except Hurricanes,and more heat...Its now I get the call of the wild,and must go back to up state NY...Long Johns,Sorel Boots ,Buffalo plaids, and anticipation of the Biggest Buck Ever!......Being in the late fall of my life now,I relate to Autum.....For ya see Old Man Winter is near!!

brad kaste
September 23rd, 2012, 08:36
...Always know when autumn has arrived,......when I have to turn on the furnace for the first time since last Spring. Like I did this morning...:kilroy:.