PDA

View Full Version : RC-45J VC5 Det Cubi Photos

FSX68
September 22nd, 2012, 06:24
Looking for additional UC-45/SNB VC-5 Det Cubi Pt photos that anyone here might want to share here. I've scoured Google and could only come up with this one.
Or any photos that has "CUBI" on the tail or fuselage section of the SNB.

Crusader
September 22nd, 2012, 06:34
Sorry , I don't have any photos but I sure do love that paint scheme . I'll keep an eye out for anything that you might be looking for .

Rich

FSX68
September 22nd, 2012, 07:28
I do too. Would be nice if Uncle Milton OK's this one as approved skin to his FSX version of his C_45 done by David Carrol. But I think one would need full front and side shots in order
to skin this one or so I would think..

kilo delta
September 22nd, 2012, 07:48
Found another pic here http://a4skyhawk.org/6e1/html/vc-5_cubi_flightline_1967.htm though not nearly detailed enough for your needs.

FSX68
September 22nd, 2012, 08:09
Found another pic here http://a4skyhawk.org/6e1/html/vc-5_cubi_flightline_1967.htm though not nearly detailed enough for your needs.

Yeah, I saw that one. Wish that shot of the Beechcraft in the corner was a tad closer. Thanks for the photo.

I wish I had taken my own pictures back then but who new in the late 60's that computers and flight sims would be in my life long after I was there.

:engel016:

TARPSBird
September 22nd, 2012, 21:34
Don't remember where I found this pic, small and not good quality. SNB-5/UC-45J BuNo 23841 (WWII production). Notice this is a NAS plane and not assigned to VC-5. Probably overall white.

gman5250
September 22nd, 2012, 23:38
This is the skin I produced from your original photo...ready to upload

Crusader
September 23rd, 2012, 02:59
This is the skin I produced from your original photo...ready to upload

gman : looking forward to trying this one out ! Your fast ! I think there will a lot of us jump on this one . Thanks for sharing so quickly . Yours and other's talent here have always amazed me . I wish I had just a fraction of it .

Rich

FSX68
September 23rd, 2012, 12:50
Don't remember where I found this pic, small and not good quality. SNB-5/UC-45J BuNo 23841 (WWII production). Notice this is a NAS plane and not assigned to VC-5. Probably overall white.

If I remember correctly, the NAS CUBI plane (3841) subsequently had the same traditional orange/red markings on the tail and wings when I was there. It was assigned to NAS ATSUGI prior to NAS CUBI. I do remember one of the airframes mechs telling me that all of the NAS C45's had cracked spars. If you look again at the B&W 3841 the rudders looks to be a tad darker which may the
the orange/red color I remember the color scheme of the NAS CUBI planes. The nose/wing tips were same color orange/red as this picture below. Amazing find Tarpsbird.

This would be a nice skin to add to the livery as well.

Ian Warren
September 23rd, 2012, 15:54
Off all the places you would find two RC-45J s , I have a photo that dated 15 Feb 1968 on aft flight deck of the USS Independence , obviously looks more like they are making a movie possibly , not much in the way of detail of the aircraft , i'll scan the photo later for you .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
September 23rd, 2012, 18:08
:cool:TOPGUN , HOTSHOTS or OLEPROPS :icon_lol: sure looks like they are making a movie :icon_lol:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/USSIndependenceLarge_zps6fb91ffd.jpg
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

gman5250
September 25th, 2012, 20:09
gman : looking forward to trying this one out ! Your fast ! I think there will a lot of us jump on this one . Thanks for sharing so quickly . Yours and other's talent here have always amazed me . I wish I had just a fraction of it .

Rich

I started out painting model airplanes at seven years old. I've been an airbrush art guy all my life. This is my therapy....LOL. Thanks for the kudos guys.

BTW...my avatar is actually a photo of my real world art.

G

Ian Warren
September 25th, 2012, 21:36
BTW...my avatar is actually a photo of my real world art.

Looks Great , think we need to see some more of your artworks , Really looks brill :cool: