PDA

View Full Version : New V(S)TOL addon for Alphasim/Virtavia MV22

rcbarend
September 19th, 2012, 06:02
Hi all,

As announced in another thread:
Based on my latest insights on V(S)TOL functionality (as I developped for a Harrier and F35B), I created a new version of my freeware V(S)TOL addon for the Alphasim/Virtavia MV22 Osprey.

If you're interested to try out the RC before I release it, send me a PM with you Email address, or contact me via normal Email directly.
And I'll Email you the package (about 185 Kbyte).

What it requires:

- You have the (payware) Alphasim or Virtavia Osprey installed and working.
- You have FSUIPC installed and working (registered or unregistered).
- You have a few free hours this week to try it out fully and report back.
- Preferably, you are familiar with a previous version of my VTOL addon for this Osprey. So you can compare :)

Regards,

Rob Barendregt

PS-1: Next in line: the Wilco Tiltrotor

PS-2: If you contact me via Email or PM, please use your real name. Makes communication a lot more friendly :)

rcbarend
September 19th, 2012, 13:58
Okay, enough testers for now :)

Unless something serious pops up, I intend to upload it on sunday...

Regards, Rob

PutPut
September 21st, 2012, 13:03
I was one of the testers and I can say this gauge does everything it is advertised to do. I particularly like being able to taxi about on a moving aircraft carrier. BTW, if you download this gauge or any other of Rob's miracles DO take the time to read his documentation. He puts a lot of energy and work into describing what he has done and why given the limitations of the flight simulator. His docs are worth the price of admission.
Meanwhile, up, up and away!:salute::salute:
Best, Paul

rcbarend
September 21st, 2012, 13:19
I was one of the testers and I can say this gauge does everything it is advertised to do. I particularly like being able to taxi about on a moving aircraft carrier. BTW, if you download this gauge or any other of Rob's miracles DO take the time to read his documentation. He puts a lot of energy and work into describing what he has done and why given the limitations of the flight simulator. His docs are worth the price of admission.
Meanwhile, up, up and away!:salute::salute:
Best, Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks.....!!
I DO know the form of my documentation is rather '80-sch LoL ... :)
But I can't generate pdf documents, and in Word I'm always fighting with enumerations and identations. So I gave up...Sorry.

As a sidenote, I even still create all my XML stuff and panel.cfg 's with plain-old Notepad :)

Cheers, Rob

flewpastu
September 21st, 2012, 16:58
Tried out Rob's new mod and I gotta tell you that the transition from hover to forward flight and back to hover is very smooth, a nice improvement over the previous mod (and I thought that one was great). Great job Rob and thank you for your contributions to this ever expanding thing we call Flight Sim. :salute:

Sincerely

Bill

Dave Torkington
September 22nd, 2012, 03:35
If you have the Alphasim / Virtavia Osprey and liked the original, you'll love the aircraft even more with Robs updated control system!

I was fortunate to test the custom code and I'm also very impressed with the really smooth transition from hover to forward flight. Very little elevator input required compared to the original bird.

The 'winch cam' view with altitude readout is a nice touch too.

Also, the additional increments of the nacelles movement gives much more control.

Hopefully I won't roll any more Ospreys off a carrier deck with one of my 'expedited' landings!

Well worth the price - and you even get free technical description stuff too :salute:

You'll have to upgrade sometime Rob... Not enough pictures and too many words give me a nosebleed. Some of us were brought up on the Beano and Dandy you know :icon_lol:

Regards, Dave.