PDA

View Full Version : New version T-45C Goshawk V2.25 at Avsim.

Paul Anderson
September 19th, 2012, 05:24
Looking good.

Dino Cattaneo
September 19th, 2012, 05:29
I was about to post a notice here at SOH. Yes, minor, graphics only update, which leverages some of the work I did for the new F-14D In the past few weeks.

VERSION 2.25
- Improved NACES model and texture in the virtual cockpit
- Improved miscellaneous details in virtual cockpit (HUD symbol generator, control stick, textures, explosive chord in instructor seat, miscellaneous geometry fixes)
- Fixed minor defect in ejection seat modeling
- Added patches to pilot models

Have fun

fxsttcb
September 19th, 2012, 06:22
Got it! Thanks for the HU Paul. :jump:
Most certainly, Thank You, Dino! :salute:
Your ever evolving T-45 is the "go-to" bird for all of my Naval Aviation jet training flights...Don

cortomalteseit
September 19th, 2012, 07:01
Thanks a lot for the continuos upgrade and dedication to the "customers"!!!
:salute::salute::salute:

VCN-1
September 19th, 2012, 07:09
Dino

Thanks for the updates. It just keeps getting better.

VCN-1

IanHenry
September 19th, 2012, 07:45
Many thanks Dino, downloading now!

Regards,
Ian.

papab
September 19th, 2012, 10:37
Can't find at AVSIM..
Link?
Thanks
Rick

EDIT: Found it

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=171633

papab
September 19th, 2012, 10:44
Dino,
The readme inside the T-45 airplane folder still says 2.21

The readme after you extract the zip file says 2.25

Just thought I would let you know....

Rick

heywooood
September 19th, 2012, 19:47
I was about to post a notice here at SOH. Yes, minor, graphics only update, which leverages some of the work I did for the new F-14D In the past few weeks.

VERSION 2.25
- Improved NACES model and texture in the virtual cockpit
- Improved miscellaneous details in virtual cockpit (HUD symbol generator, control stick, textures, explosive chord in instructor seat, miscellaneous geometry fixes)
- Fixed minor defect in ejection seat modeling
- Added patches to pilot models

Have fun

Oh I have been - thank you Dino - the T-45 updates are terrific...I still can't believe this model was free :salute:

Dino Cattaneo
September 19th, 2012, 22:57
All,

Thanks for the appreciation!
As I said, this was a minor update - basically I started by "installing" the improved NACES model I did for the new F-14...you can consider it a preview of the new Tomcat cockpit, if you will :-)

There is also an update to the F-35 coming in the next days - and most important, a Tomcat preview. I am very happy of its quality - it is MUCH better than the old one in all respects.

@papab
Thanks for letting me know. I have to confess I forgot there was a duplicate of the Readme in that folder...

Emile
September 20th, 2012, 20:36
Hello,
Thanks a lot Dino.
I love it.

orionll
September 20th, 2012, 20:44
Potentially obvious, but what's NACES?

Stefano Zibell
September 21st, 2012, 00:12
It's the Naval AirCrew Ejection Seat.

wconkle
December 13th, 2012, 18:11
I have two questions about this aircraft and I would like to ask for some help with it.

First of all, big thank you to Dino for making it and for free no less.

I find that if I move the eye-point back (to where it feels right for me) the HUD display grows too big to fit in it's glass. I can't figure out how to adjust this.

Second, does this have the ability to track a TACAN signal? (I'm trying to find the carriers).

I tried installing the 'Realistic HUD' from a couple years back, but it broke the plane so I had to discard that.

Thank you!

Wes

orionll
December 13th, 2012, 20:53
Version 2 of the T-45 already includes a custom HUD from the same developer that initially released the improved Hornet HUD. The HUD is capable of tracking carriers - 111.00 MHz (47X) for the Acceleration carrier, 112.00 MHz (57X) for Javier's Nimitz, and 113.00 MHz for the Clemenceau. The apparent HUD size increases as you move your viewpoint back because it's collimated - essentially it's projected to infinity - so the HUD symbology appears to be sitting on the landscape in front of you, as opposed to the pane of glass in the cockpit.

Dino Cattaneo
December 14th, 2012, 05:25
By the way, I have another update incoming - will be released as soon as I can find the time - probably before Chirstmas.
Major changes will be an updated (and hopefully more accurate) flight model - and several minor fixes here and there.

As for the HUD "problem", the problem is that the way collimated HUDs are made in FSX (or better, the way I use) makes it so that the symbology is not superimposed over HUD supports... so there are viewpoints (positions, zoom etc.) in which part of the HUD is hidden by the supports (which will not happen in real life).
In the T-45 this isssue is more evident since the HUD is quite small in size... I hope it does not spoil the experience that much, even if I know it does for some.

wconkle
December 14th, 2012, 08:32
Thank you very much for both replies.

PRB
December 14th, 2012, 08:40
... As for the HUD "problem", the problem is that the way collimated HUDs are made in FSX (or better, the way I use) makes it so that the symbology is not superimposed over HUD supports... so there are viewpoints (positions, zoom etc.) in which part of the HUD is hidden by the supports (which will not happen in real life).
In the T-45 this isssue is more evident since the HUD is quite small in size... I hope it does not spoil the experience that much, even if I know it does for some.

I find that the HUD in the new T-45 behaves pretty much exactly like the real ones do - if you move your head off the to the side, the symbology does indeed appear to be hidden by the HUD structure. Due to being "focused to infinity" you have to be looking through the HUD to see all the symbols. In the same way, if you were able to move your head backwards behind the seat, as we do with our eyepoints to get so we can see the instrument panel in the VC, the HUD symbols would begin to be hidden left and right, for the same reason. I like it! :)

- Paul