PDA

View Full Version : F-16

heavy
September 18th, 2012, 14:06
Is there anyone working on or know a good F-16 for FSX? The Aerosoft offering was nice but left alot to be desired. It seems this aircraft has gone without 'good ' attention. And it deserves it.

H

falcon409
September 18th, 2012, 15:17
Wow, I worked on F-16's from '98 to 2007 and I found very little, if anything wrong with either the Aerosoft or IRIS offerings. As far as I know those two are the Premier F-16's and none are in the pipeline to be produced.:salute:

ST0RM
September 18th, 2012, 17:35
The Aerosoft offering was nice but left alot to be desired. It seems this aircraft has gone without 'good ' attention. And it deserves it.

Can you elaborate? What is it missing? Incorrect?

I've got the IRIS F-16D and am happy with it as far as the model goes. However, tying to input any NAV data is impossible. The manual fails to give a proper explanation of the how to's of using the up front controller and IRIS' forums are dead.

Thanks.

-Jeff

BrittMac
September 18th, 2012, 20:58
Can you elaborate? What is it missing? Incorrect?

I've got the IRIS F-16D and am happy with it as far as the model goes. However, tying to input any NAV data is impossible. The manual fails to give a proper explanation of the how to's of using the up front controller and IRIS' forums are dead.

Thanks.

-Jeff

Jeff, they are pretty active on Facebook. I dunno why the forums they had on aussiex went away. I have very sporadic internet and haven't been there in a while, so I couldn't tell ya.
They still respond to emails as well, or at least did when the Prometheus was released.
Brandon

-Oh, and I have both the IRIS and the Aerosoft Vipers. They are quite nice.

heavy
September 19th, 2012, 00:49
Sorry, I should have elaborated or used a better choice of words. I have them both as well but I wish I could mash 'em together to have what one another is missing. For example like the NAV inputs on one cant be put in. Things like that. Oh, and releasing ordnance.

It was NOT my intent to downplay either because I have them both, I just want more I guess. A version 2012 would be awesome but I'm just wishing! lol

H

ST0RM
September 19th, 2012, 06:17
BrittMac: I'm not on FB anymore so thats out. Yes, allowing their forums to lapse in favor of a social media site was a mistake, IMO. Poor customer service as they alienate some of them.

Heavy: Gotcha. I'm the same about the Virtavia and Area 51 C-17s. I like the VC of one, but the external model/FM of the other.

If anyone has a good tutorial of the IRIS F-16 and the NAV data entry, please post it.

-Jeff

fallenphoenix1986
September 19th, 2012, 06:34
Jeff, can't quite remember how but it is possible to swap the VC from one model to another asuming both models are FSX native. Pretty straight forward as well.

Craig

Victory103
September 19th, 2012, 10:29
Own both, fly the IRIS the most due to the avionics, what exactly is the issue with the NAV date, having problems accessing or changing STPT (steer points) data on the fly?

ST0RM
September 19th, 2012, 15:06
Own both, fly the IRIS the most due to the avionics, what exactly is the issue with the NAV date, having problems accessing or changing STPT (steer points) data on the fly?

Simply how to input NAV data into the jet. I can page to the TACAN/NAV screen, but cant change the freq. ILS as well.

-Jeff

Victory103
September 19th, 2012, 18:37
All inputs on done on the panel right below the HUD, or the ICP.
With the DED on the main page (to get here LEFT click on the RTN/SEQ switch). This page displays all your COMM and NAV data, known as the CNI page:
UHF xxx.xx STPT1
VHF xxx.xx TIME
Xpnder TACAN

Click button 4/STPT, the DED should display the STPT menu. We'll stay with STPT 1, as it's the first to display.
RIGHT click on the RTN/SEQ switch, a * * should appear around the N, this means you are in the scratchpad mode.
Click on the 2 button to select North (N), the ** should move to the first "0", type in your latitude, click ENTR.
Now the ** will be on the second set of numbers on the DED, "xx.xxx", type in your numbers, you may need to add a "0" at the end, click ENTR.
Repeat the process for West or East, after you enter the last of your longitude, click ENTR.
At the bottom of the DED, **ACTIVATE** will appear, click ENTR.

Down on your HSI, move the mode switch over to NAV and check your range/bearing.

To cycle STPT's, the up/down arrow button on the ICP can be LEFT/RIGHT clicked.
-----------------------------------
Again using the RTN/SEQ switch, get into the main DED menu. Click on the 1/T-ILS button, this brings up the TACAN/ILS menu on the DED.
RIGHT click the RTN/SEQ switch, you will get the ** again, the left set of numbers is your VOR freq to add as a TACAN. RIGHT click the RTN/SEQ again if you want the ILS on the right, the course below does nothing, only the course on your HSI.

Manual is in your main FSX folder under IRIS Pro Series.