greenie
September 18th, 2012, 12:54
WOW !!...beautiful :jump:

Kiwikat
September 18th, 2012, 14:20
That looks great! Keep up the good work! :ernae:

rayhere48
September 18th, 2012, 14:36
I will sure purchase this when it comes out. Wow, that looks so real.

Scratch
September 18th, 2012, 16:23
Whenever I see an early WIP shot like that it always reminds me of those clay cars that auto makers carve out for wind tunnel testing....like I could poke it with my finger and leave a mark.:cool:

MenendezDiego
September 18th, 2012, 16:33
Whenever I see an early WIP shot like that it always reminds me of those clay cars that auto makers carve out for wind tunnel testing....like I could poke it with my finger and leave a mark.:cool:

Funny thing, just like your username, we build all our models by scratch. :jump:

I've always loved these early WIP shots. Thinking about maybe printing a few.

Phantom88
September 18th, 2012, 16:45
Very Nice!!

yankeeromeo
September 18th, 2012, 21:10
very nice work but where are the "fresh paint" stickers:icon_lol:

Cheers.

stansdds
September 19th, 2012, 01:44
It's just raining King Airs these days! :jump:

Thog10
September 19th, 2012, 01:49
Those are fantastic!

Firekitten
September 19th, 2012, 01:57
What I want to know is, did you model the coffee cup holder? and what LOD is it?

krazycolin
September 19th, 2012, 03:17
you can see the cup holders at the bottom of the center console. they fold down and out...

hairyspin
September 19th, 2012, 10:38
Naaah, someone's gonna be real unhappy about his King Air getting sprayed off-white. Did you ask permission before cranking up the airbrush??? :173go1:

Really nice work MD, makes me want to fire up Max and get building something instead of finishing the gmax project. :jump:

MenendezDiego
September 19th, 2012, 11:47
Naaah, someone's gonna be real unhappy about his King Air getting sprayed off-white. Did you ask permission before cranking up the airbrush??? :173go1:

Really nice work MD, makes me want to fire up Max and get building something instead of finishing the gmax project. :jump:

Not my work, I'm simply the messenger :wavey: Glad you like it though!

All the best, Diego

Scratch
September 19th, 2012, 14:29
Funny thing, just like your username, we build all our models by scratch. :jump:

I've always loved these early WIP shots. Thinking about maybe printing a few.

It looks so real like I could sit in it right now, but only in a clean suit:jump:

Barnes
September 19th, 2012, 21:42
It's just raining King Airs these days! :jump:

LOL you are right there! After the fantastic way Milviz did the Baron i will have to get this one.

MenendezDiego
November 1st, 2012, 12:10
Texture work has begun!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20842697/ka350_interior.swf

MCDesigns
November 1st, 2012, 14:11
Texture work has begun!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20842697/ka350_interior.swf

Impressive presentation, love the free look around the interior. Hard to imagine good performance with all that mesh, but very impressive modeling nonetheless. MilViz does some of the best texture work IMO, looking forward to the finished product.

krazycolin
November 1st, 2012, 14:27
Actually, I think you would be surprised at just how low the poly count is... 213K... and, we will offer an option to only have the VC (no cabin) which will slice off just about half... and that will make your FPS jump...

Kiwikat
November 1st, 2012, 14:33
Is that going to be a functional FMS? Not expecting everything to be functional, but maybe something like the qualitywings products?

Sure hope so!

krazycolin
November 1st, 2012, 15:44
The answer is... wait and see...

I am sure that you will all be very happy.

You will be able to try out that FMS when we release the 737...

Kiwikat
November 1st, 2012, 16:18
The answer is... wait and see...

I am sure that you will all be very happy.

You will be able to try out that FMS when we release the 737...

Good to hear! Did you get my PM? :salute:

krazycolin
November 1st, 2012, 16:52
Sure did...

yankeeromeo
November 1st, 2012, 23:52
Folks, your work look incredibly fine, hope for a "used" cockpit textures, the kind you put on the F-86.
:guinness:

DennyBoy
November 2nd, 2012, 03:43
Hi all Milviz team

I´m just bought and install your Beechcraft Baron B55.

And I special like the swedish reg. SE-EXW from Waltair. The real plane whas stationar in Norrkopings airport, but I think the plane is now sold.

I´look forward for your King Air.

Best Regard
DennyBoy

krazycolin
November 2nd, 2012, 05:11
The 350i's are pretty new so I doubt they would be as used... That said, there is always a bit of wear and tear...

stansdds
November 3rd, 2012, 04:30
I certainly would not make the B350i look worn or beat up. These are current production aircraft, very expensive, and used primarily by people of wealth. They are well cared for and kept very clean.

Now an older B300 or B350 might show some wear, but even these are generally kept in excellent condition. Buying a Super King Air is a big expenditure and owners don't want to see their money wasted.

krazycolin
November 3rd, 2012, 04:52
It is not our intent to it look beat up. No way. What I said to the paint team was : do it like its a bit used but very much loved...

MenendezDiego
December 7th, 2012, 15:57
Welp, the VC textures are done :)

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2660

FlameOut
December 7th, 2012, 16:05
Well, "Hoot & Holler!", that looks great.

strykerpsg
December 7th, 2012, 17:10
Agree, sweet looking interior Colin.

ryanbatc
December 7th, 2012, 17:39
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

MenendezDiego
December 7th, 2012, 17:42
Oops...looks like that link is for a real life 360 view of a KingAir 350i ;)

I'm far from a civilian flight enthusiast, but this baby got me excited!

Diego

Kiwikat
December 7th, 2012, 18:19
That is incredible! Can't wait to get my hands on it! :jump::applause::jump:

jankees
December 7th, 2012, 21:53
that is just looking fantastic!

krazycolin
December 8th, 2012, 01:38
The outside is done too. Pics coming soon...

Felixthreeone
December 8th, 2012, 04:39
Sorry if this was asked/posted already, but I didn't go back and read the whole thread...

...SInce it is glass, will there be LPV capability? Will there be an updateable Nav database? And what modes of advanced autopilot are simulated? And what of these features:
IFIS and Flight Management System (FMS)
Digital Communication, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS) Radios
Dual Air Data Computer (ADC) Systems
Terrain Awareness Warning System (TAWS)
ESIS from L-3 Communications
Four-Color Weather Radar System
Automatic Flight Guidance System (AFGS)
Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS II) Maintenance Diagnostic Computer

...Sorry for having to ask...It is your own fault, Colin. If you and the rest of the milviz team weren't raising the bar with every new release, and incorporating awesome new features, I wouldn't need to ask such a question....

Roadburner440
December 8th, 2012, 04:52
We certaintly do try to raise the bar with every release. I will go on ahead and say that there will be no weather radar for sure. We may support third party weather radar in a similar fashion to the RXP GPS units, but we will not be including that out of the box. While it is something that we all would like to have it would be a lot of troubleshooting with all the different weather packages out there. I could toss some ideas I have about it out there, but then those would give away trade secrets. ;)

Everything else I will not confirm or deny. Everything is of course on the table until we either determine it technically unfeasible, or it proves no benefit inside of FSX. We will always try to push every next release to the next level, and this being our first full glass civilian bird will be no exception. I will tell you that the F-15E was a HUGE challenge to us, and that took a lot longer than we anticipated. I think we all can agree though that the extra time and effort was worth getting it right. Personally it will be good to take a small break from the military birds to do some civilian releases.

Felixthreeone
December 8th, 2012, 04:59
Thank you for the reply and info, Steve. I am extremely excited to see that you guys are taking this on, and hopefully some of those features (most importantly the WAAS capability and updateable databases) make it into the final product. I look forward to seeing the next phase of the product...

Anneke
December 8th, 2012, 05:11
Milviz crew, my sincere compliments for what you guys have accomplished with all your stunning releases :applause:

brianf51
December 8th, 2012, 07:01
Absolutely stunning work guys. Can't wait to own this one!

Brian

stansdds
December 8th, 2012, 09:52
That's looking awesome! I applaud the concept of getting everything right before releasing the product. Nothing kills a reputation faster than a shoddy or bug filled product. :applause::applause::applause:

Roadburner440
December 8th, 2012, 15:15
Alright guys. I got some clarifications from the boss man about what is and isn't being planned (he is the one with the crystal ball after all!). As far as LPV goes it is a half and half ordeal. The FMS will be capable of plotting landings at runways without ILS (sort of like RNAV) that will be able to provide a virtual glideslope to the runway. We are using a Navigraph FMS database for this, so you will be able to update it as long as you have a subscription to that service as we will only be providing an initial copy with the release. CNS radios are not in the cards to be done either. The weather update is a no go as I stated earlier along with the maintenance computer. We will be including the TCAS however. So these are your specific answers to the questions from earlier. I just needed confirmation as to what we have decided thus far from Colin.

As far as the ESIS goes we are looking in to it as that is your backup instrumentation system, and that will also be in. I am more working on one of our unannounced projects though for the most part, and am not a big part of the KA development. As things get more definitive though you all know that you will be kept in the loop. I have always wanted a good KA for FSX since I had the FS2004 B200. This bird should definately live up to the image.

Victory103
December 9th, 2012, 08:48
Looks great having just finished up almost 90 hours in a C-12V sim with the PL 21 pit. I know there are differences between the models and I can see a few different switch positions, which is expected for civie King Airs. You can do everything with one FMS, we actually have 2 in the military version and of course some mil only radios/navaids (Tacan/HF/UHF etc).

As long as the gauges support the full PL 21 suite (at least the basic required for flt pages), then LPV and LNAV/RNAV approaches can be done, FSX doesn't seem to care and I'm sure there is some way to trick the game to have the RNP levels needed. The real PL 21 autopilot will fly the approaches fine. The Navigraph subscription is workable for those that want to purchase the updates.

Understand the WX incompatibly issue, but do suggest at least working on the TCAS II and EGPWS systems, those are out in freeware form (basic versions). The ESIS we use can display Alt/Hdg/Aspd and Nav1.

krazycolin
December 9th, 2012, 13:39
Not sure if we can legally use freeware in our commercial endeavors... however, please point me at these...

thanks

MenendezDiego
December 14th, 2012, 14:48
Choo Choo! Here comes the steam gauges!

http://i.imgur.com/KaMrp.jpg

stansdds
December 14th, 2012, 15:01
Choo Choo! Here comes the steam gauges!

Ka-ching, ka-ching! There goes my wallet!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

krazycolin
December 14th, 2012, 15:45
Oh and that project you and I had previously discussed?... it's moving ahead. (please keep it quiet though!)

stansdds
December 16th, 2012, 05:03
Oh and that project you and I had previously discussed?... it's moving ahead. (please keep it quiet though!)

10-4.

Daveroo
December 16th, 2012, 08:35

thats just not nice........:isadizzy: :icon_eek:

krazycolin
December 16th, 2012, 08:50
It's a SECRET!!!! ( and it WILL be very nice indeed...)

MenendezDiego
December 22nd, 2012, 11:31
External WIP

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8298235886_0185743e56_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8504/8298236022_41b63d6d46_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8499/8298236206_0d5478bc9f_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8297186965_8b44c407e9_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8211/8297187071_9a9241a3f8_b.jpg

I should have the model today...YES!

Diego

Daveroo
December 22nd, 2012, 12:48
thats just awesome.......wow

krazycolin
December 22nd, 2012, 12:56
You can even take a (simulated) leak in the fully functional (simulated) toilet in the back! (we're going to call that one SIMLEAK version 1!)

Daveroo
December 22nd, 2012, 13:31
You can even take a (simulated) leak in the fully functional (simulated) toilet in the back! (we're going to call that one SIMLEAK version 1!)

LOL....nice

krazycolin
December 22nd, 2012, 13:43
I think we modeled the TP but if not... the leather has scotchgard... (sorry... could NOT resist)

ryanbatc
December 22nd, 2012, 15:30
Awesome! We've needed one of these since... well a long time!

stansdds
December 23rd, 2012, 04:06

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Warrant
December 23rd, 2012, 04:47
Fantastic, what a plane. It will shine in my hangar next to the also superb B200.

ColoKent
December 23rd, 2012, 05:21
....please have the option of toggling winglets on or off? (Or have a model without them?)

Kent

MenendezDiego
January 5th, 2013, 20:09
I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/h8XAM.jpg

For a virtual tour, click here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20842697/KA350_interior_v2.html

Felixthreeone
January 5th, 2013, 20:53
Looking PHENOMENAL

ryanbatc
January 6th, 2013, 03:28
Uuuuhhhhhhhh. Yuuuuuuuummmmm

krazycolin
January 6th, 2013, 03:54
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20842697/KA350_interior_v2.html

stansdds
January 6th, 2013, 04:36
:applause: :applause: :applause:

TeiscoDelRay
July 22nd, 2015, 17:13
No weather radar is a deal breaker for me. There are just too many nice virtual aircraft out now with good working weather radar. Also was at the Milviz forums and they showed some nice pics of great cockpit lighting but it is not available to the user,,why not? Also some great 3d props were shown which I assume are also not available.

This plane cost 50 bucks and what do you get?

henrystreet
July 22nd, 2015, 18:02
No weather radar is a deal breaker for me. There are just too many nice virtual aircraft out now with good working weather radar. Also was at the Milviz forums and they showed some nice pics of great cockpit lighting but it is not available to the user,,why not? Also some great 3d props were shown which I assume are also not available.

This plane cost 50 bucks and what do you get?

You bought your twin, go play with it.

hairyspin
July 22nd, 2015, 21:57
Wasn't aware they'd finished this ... no, they haven't yet.

donnybalonny
July 22nd, 2015, 23:32
What value have you added to this discussion? You bought your twin, go play with it.

what value did you add yourself. Think before posting.

henrystreet
July 23rd, 2015, 00:43
what value did you add yourself. Think before posting.

post edited for your sensibilities

expat
July 23rd, 2015, 01:51
Can someone please explain what the status is of this plane? Some people have it - no it's not released - but maybe it is but without a VC, etc.

stansdds
July 23rd, 2015, 02:12
Can someone please explain what the status is of this plane? Some people have it - no it's not released - but maybe it is but without a VC, etc.

It is still in beta testing, I don't have it, but it does have a VC, but not everything in the VC currently works.

TeiscoDelRay
July 23rd, 2015, 03:09
"You bought your twin, go play with it" - Really, that's the best you can come up with? Sounds very 5th grade to me.

I did not post to bring any value to this thread or elicit rude response. This is my opinion, nothing more and the name of this thread is "Milviz King Air 350i VC Work in Progress" so I gave my opinion.

I also think they should let out developments as they happen rather than wait and issue a larger patch much later. After all if you buy this plane you are a beta tester so you should be given the tools to test with.

And yes I bought the best twin I could find but my twin hunger is still lingering and I was considering this plane at one time and would again if they would at least make provisions for even an add on wx from another company,,and if they would let out their updates and improvements in a more timely manner.

Again, my opinion.

henrystreet
July 23rd, 2015, 03:42
Again, my opinion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've heard everybody's got one, no matter how bad they smell.

heywooood
July 23rd, 2015, 06:35
Reading through this thread reminds me of the difference between chronological age - and developmental age
...sometimes the gulf is vast

hairyspin
July 23rd, 2015, 07:02
The Milviz King Air is now available in pre-release version, aka beta release. If you buy it, for $50, you get an unfinished, incomplete model. Having bought the beta you can no doubt register your copy with the developers and get updates up to and including the retail release when it's ready.

You may find features you'd like missing for now: whether a weather radar is to be implemented I have no idea, I don't work for Milviz.

Daveroo
July 23rd, 2015, 07:03
Reading through this thread reminds me of the difference between chronological age - and developmental age
...sometimes the gulf is vast

lol well said sir!!

n4gix
July 24th, 2015, 09:05
The Milviz King Air is now available in pre-release version, aka beta release.

Technically Tom, as it is not yet "feature complete" we refer to it as an alpha. The reality is however that it is 98.6% feature complete.

Hopefully within the next two weeks I will be compiling the first actual 'beta version', which after some sanity checks performed by out in-house beta team can then be sent out to all current pre-release customers for a through shakedown.

alehead
August 25th, 2015, 04:32
Bill,

how are things going with that beta version? It would be nice for us pre-release customers to get our hands on too :)

Andrew

TeiscoDelRay
August 25th, 2015, 04:59
Because they let out updates rarely instead of a little at a time has kept me from purchasing this plane. They could let out smaller, more frequent updates to keep the buyer happy but for some reason they would rather not.

gman5250
August 25th, 2015, 05:53
If I may, I would offer my perspective on this thread.

I've had the plane from early on, and have been continually in the loop, receiving updates as they became available. Overall I have found the plane to be more than satisfactory and completely flyable.
Visually, she is as much or more than I would expect from any add on and up to par with any other Milviz product.
Technically, the small items like prop blurs, spinners or sound sets were temporary concessions allowed any WIP project. Each update brought improvement along the way.

The plane, in its current state of development, is complete enough for me to enjoy. Having purchased the model at the beta price point, with the understanding that one accepts the terms of the purchase agreement, I am quite content to allow the development team to continue at the pace suited to the development process.

To be honest, if I were not occasionally reminded that this were a beta project I would think that I am flying a RTM package. Any improvements upon that would simply be icing on the cake.

IMHO

n4gix
August 25th, 2015, 12:18
Thanks, ********...

As it happens, the reason for us not releasing any 'update' recently is simply because everything that is being programmed and finalized for the actual 'Beta' version is tightly integrated.

This means that until all the bits and bobs are integrated, any 'update' would effectively render the aircraft unusable, which is something we think no one would like! :encouragement:

alehead
August 25th, 2015, 14:46
My apologies, there was no intention to stir up a hornet nest. My sentiments gman. I was just wondering what the current state of play was, given Bill's post around a month ago. There was no hidden agenda. Looking forward to the next release to see what is new and improved :)

A

Andrew Entwistle

griphos
August 26th, 2015, 05:05
This is the challenge of early release. Perhaps impossible to keep everyone happy. I, for one, prefer less frequent updates, for instance. I just dislike constantly updating a product.

I finally bought this plane yesterday. Figured it is getting pretty close to a final package. Should have time to try her out after work today. Looking forward to it.

snow_white
April 20th, 2016, 08:25
Any more news on this. Bought it long ago, but havent heard much lately.

wapanomi
April 20th, 2016, 08:43
That's WISP : Work In Slow Progress... ;)

There are news on the forum and the facebook page, I think. They made a deep recoding, and they obviously take that seriously. But it's long, indeed.