PDA

View Full Version : 'Mike Connors Is....'

Panther_99FS
January 1st, 2009, 12:12
CF_49tWPNWA

Jagdflieger
January 1st, 2009, 12:26
Great TV detective with a real sweetheart of a secretary, Gail Fisher who played Peggy Fair in the series.

The 60s and 70s sure had some fun detective and police shows. many of them are now out on DVD, but I haven't seen the Mannix series at the store yet.

crashaz
January 1st, 2009, 12:33
ROFL! Guilty here as charged... showing my age too! :costumes: also had Barnaby Jones (Lee Remick!), Streets of San Francisco and no one really remembers Cannon.

Panther_99FS
January 1st, 2009, 12:41
ROFL! Guilty here as charged... showing my age too! :costumes: also had Barnaby Jones (Lee Remick!), Streets of San Francisco and no one really remembers Cannon.

I remember them all! :icon_lol:

pointy31
January 1st, 2009, 12:43

Oh, I remember "Cannon". William Conrad, the "Round Man" of television. Mr. Conrad was a fighter pilot in WW2....:ernae:

crashaz
January 1st, 2009, 13:02
I think there was one with David Janssen too.

I also liked watching Petrochelli (sp?) story about a lawyer.

Remember that feeling you had when NBC was advertising what would be on next season.... and they showed clips of Baa Baa Black Sheep!

Man I was jumping for joy! :jump:

Could not wait for the fall season to start. WW2 in color.

MCDesigns
January 1st, 2009, 13:27
I remember them all! :icon_lol:

same here :redf::redf::redf:

TARPSBird
January 1st, 2009, 14:52
The series starring David Janssen was "Harry O", lasted two seasons. It's available on DVD.

Odie
January 1st, 2009, 15:17
"Tightrope" a pre-pre-Mannix Mike Connors detective show was always a favorite of mine.

lifejogger
January 1st, 2009, 15:29
I will show my age here cause one of my favorites was Peter Gunn.

FAC257
January 1st, 2009, 15:52
Burke's Law (original), The Avengers (early years), and Danger Man were my flavor. :)

Jagdflieger
January 1st, 2009, 16:45
How about Anne Francis in "Honey West?" Perhaps not the best detective series, but just to watch sweet Anne and her AC Cobra car made it worth the half hour. Of course most of you will remember her in "Forbiden Planet" with Lesli Nielson in what was arguably her best role.

Odie
January 1st, 2009, 19:34
I will show my age here cause one of my favorites was Peter Gunn.

Hey LJ, I watch Peter Gunn every night on an independent station here in Illinois...right after another fav of mine, THE UNTOUCHABLES.

Becoming a Lola Albright fan with each episode....good stuff!

lifejogger
January 2nd, 2009, 04:23
Hey LJ, I watch Peter Gunn every night on an independent station here in Illinois...right after another fav of mine, THE UNTOUCHABLES.

Becoming a Lola Albright fan with each episode....good stuff!

Almost forgot about that one with Robert Stack. It was a good one too.

FlyTexas
January 2nd, 2009, 04:47
Does anyone remember the show "The FBI"? It starred Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.. The intro of the show always had the announcer saying "The FBI...in color". I always got a laugh out of that being that I was watching the show on a black and white TV. :costumes:

Brian

lefty
January 2nd, 2009, 05:16
You children ! If only you had seen the grittiest of all.....

Jagdflieger
January 2nd, 2009, 06:09
Highway Patrol!

And speaking of the "Untouchables," I really liked the musical score at the opening of the show.

TARPSBird
January 2nd, 2009, 12:59
How about "M Squad" with Lee Marvin as detective Lt. Frank Ballinger? This show really kicked off Lee's career.

Donnybrooke
January 2nd, 2009, 13:37
Then there was the greatest detective of all... "Longstreet"!

James Franciscus played a blind detective in New Orleans. Now there was a series that stretched the imagination... :icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
January 2nd, 2009, 13:40
James Franciscus

Now there's a name...:jump:

GT182
January 2nd, 2009, 15:29
How about Ed "Kookey" Burns of 77 Sunset Strip?