PDA

View Full Version : Mark Rooks Beechcraft D-18 (Black Props)

FSX68
September 16th, 2012, 09:44
Why am I getting black props?

stovall
September 16th, 2012, 09:50
Looks like you are missing a texture file. The landing gear also appear black and are probably in the same texture file.

FSX68
September 16th, 2012, 10:22
Looks like you are missing a texture file. The landing gear also appear black and are probably in the same texture file.

I solved the issues, I had to copy as many texture files from the blank texture over to the navy bird (texture) without over riding any other files. It's now all bright and shiny with clear glass and more detail in the tires. I think all the repaints will require this to be done this way in order to make for the complete texture (repaint) to show correctly. Kinda like putting up sheet rock walls with no paint on 'em. I now have another issue; No toggle switches on the cockpit panels I looked that the main (Blank) texture and there are no toggle switches for the lights (See photo) Looks like maybe a few gauges are missing as well. Same issue with the blank (white) texture).

Milton Shupe
September 16th, 2012, 11:24
Black in FSX usually indicates that the part(s) is mapped for a named texture that does not exist or not in the proper format in the texture folder.

There is no Mark Rooks' D-18. :kilroy:

There is a Mark Rooks modified version of the David Carroll FSX native conversion (with permissions) from the Milton Shupe and team's D18S gmax source and released package.

I would appreciate less emphasis on anything Mark Rooks modifies and releases of other peoples work without permissions, and many times without credits.

Otherwise, good luck and have fun. :-)

EDIT: By the way, no offense taken here for me. I just would prefer that David Carroll get the credit instead of Mark.

FSX68
September 16th, 2012, 12:06
Black in FSX usually indicates that the part(s) is mapped for a named texture that does not exist or not in the proper format in the texture folder.

There is no Mark Rooks' D-18. :kilroy:

There is a Mark Rooks modified version of the David Carroll FSX native conversion (with permissions) from the Milton Shupe and team's D18S gmax source and released package.

I would appreciate less emphasis on anything Mark Rooks modifies and releases of other peoples work without permissions, and many times without credits.

Otherwise, good luck and have fun. :-)

EDIT: By the way, no offense taken here for me. I just would prefer that David Carroll get the credit instead of Mark.

I used the name Mark rooks as the link to the basic white plane had Mark rooks name plastered all over the web link

here, take a look:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9404/fsx-beechcraft-d18-project/

Did not see Mark's name on the link therefore I got the honest impression that was the dude that did all this. Honest mistake.

I don't know mark rooks from Adam nor David Carroll. I read a name Mark Rooks on the link (above) and that's what I went by.

At any rate, I just wanted to call attention to whomever Mark, David or Alfred E. Newman that the panel had some toggle switches missing.

Don't know why David didn't talk to "Mark" in the first place on this and correct him as the one who did the conversion.

That way, people like me, and others I'm sure would not get the same impression as I did.

Thanks for the wishes of luck and fun, I am having both.

Bruce Thompson
September 16th, 2012, 12:32
I won't touch anything with Mark Rooks name on it.

falcon409
September 16th, 2012, 13:20
I won't touch anything with Mark Rooks name on it.
Yep, same here. Nothing good comes from anything he messes with.

Dangerousdave26
September 16th, 2012, 13:30
Don't know why David didn't talk to "Mark" in the first place on this and correct him as the one who did the conversion.

That way, people like me, and others I'm sure would not get the same impression as I did.

Because Mark does not ask permission before he modifies or re-releases a model.

Its a long story but just ignore any further models you see released by Mark.

strikehawk
September 16th, 2012, 13:36
Same here, I got the OH-6 SOAR he passes of as his and found that not only were textures missing so was the instruments in the VC. Only then did I find out from post at SOH that A) his name is poison and B) he has the creative talents of a soap dish and the morals of a Philadelphia lawyer. And my apologies to any Philly lawyers out there.

FSX68
September 16th, 2012, 13:38
Yep, same here. Nothing good comes from anything he messes with.

Wow!!! I guess I must of stepped on a hornets nest, Did not mean to. I never heard of the guy nor his reputation. But what strikes me
is that ******** (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?105727-********) is doing repaints of the "Mark Rooks" basic.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3&linkid=14385

If Mark Rooks is so bad; then why not outlaw links to his page? I am not trying to play dumb here I honestly never heard of the dude nor his reputation.

(I'll refresh some memories 'I had a problem with props being black, (fixed the problem myself, then I noticed that the panel had some toggle switches missing and mention
that dreaded name Mark Rooks and all fire and brimstone breaks looks. I should of just went as independent on my own on fixing this or PM one of the SOH peeps (keeps things
on the QT from public side. Oh well. I guess I not only got my Sunday sermon from my preacher and another one here.

sorry for upsetting the applecart.

FSX68
September 16th, 2012, 13:43
Same here, I got the OH-6 SOAR he passes of as his and found that not only were textures missing so was the instruments in the VC. Only then did I find out from post at SOH that A) his name is poison and B) he has the creative talents of a soap dish and the morals of a Philadelphia lawyer. And my apologies to any Philly lawyers out there.

WOW, Thanks for the info. That explains the issues I noticed on his panels "missing toggle switches" for lights. I posted a picture in earlier link,

I sure got a lot a boos from the peanut gallery here when I mentioned his name. But there are skins posted on this site from a blank that mark rook claims he did.
This had me scratching my head and wondering whats going on ?

FSX68
September 16th, 2012, 13:45
Because Mark does not ask permission before he modifies or re-releases a model.

Its a long story but just ignore any further models you see released by Mark.

Roger that thanks for the heads up mate

heywooood
September 16th, 2012, 14:07
Roger that thanks for the heads up mate

"..well I guess that'll pretty much cover the fly by's..."

no worries bud - you didn't know the legend that is "mark 'fireball' rooks" lol