PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Los Angeles, question

Lionheart
September 16th, 2012, 08:23
Hey all,

Has anyone bought this yet and did you have problems with it?

I got it, no option for Prepar3D, but it found the P3D folder fine (I have the FSX.exe in there) and loaded fine, but things like Catalina, the plane falls through the terrain, and over LA, it maxed out my memory (crash). Just wondering if anyone else had issues?

Getting over LA was amazing. The sceney was brilliant. Then came the giant spears coming out of the ground into space, then flying polygons, and then the crash. I might have to wait for a more powerful computer for this.

There is a option for Autogen buildings instead of the AS buildings. I might give that a try. The terrain is awesome.... Very nice. I hope they adjust this for Prepar3D.

Bill

sketchy
September 16th, 2012, 08:51
Hi Bill,

Over on the Aerosoft Forum for this they mention there will be a specific P3D installer next week, I am not too sure whether this will solve your issues.

I have not yet tried to instal it in P3D, or point it towards my FSX install. But they were very confident that it worked fine.

I am only a week in P3D ownership and was away for work this past week, so may try again a little later. I would be interested to hear if you have any tips or suggestions to get this to work.

Good luck mate,

Fraser.

luckydog
September 16th, 2012, 14:43
Hey all,

Has anyone bought this yet and did you have problems with it?

I got it, no option for Prepar3D, but it found the P3D folder fine (I have the FSX.exe in there) and loaded fine, but things like Catalina, the plane falls through the terrain, and over LA, it maxed out my memory (crash). Just wondering if anyone else had issues?

Getting over LA was amazing. The sceney was brilliant. Then came the giant spears coming out of the ground into space, then flying polygons, and then the crash. I might have to wait for a more powerful computer for this.

There is a option for Autogen buildings instead of the AS buildings. I might give that a try. The terrain is awesome.... Very nice. I hope they adjust this for Prepar3D.

Bill

Bill.....

When you say you have FSX.exe in your P3D folder, where did you get it from ?? Did you just type it in or is it a file moved from fsx ( I can't find it anywhere ) ???

thanks,

LD

AussieMan
September 16th, 2012, 15:40
Bill.....

When you say you have FSX.exe in your P3D folder, where did you get it from ?? Did you just type it in or is it a file moved from fsx ( I can't find it anywhere ) ???

thanks,

LD

LD just copy and past the FSX.exe file over to the root folder of P3D then use the FSX registry tool and make an entry in the registry for it.

luckydog
September 16th, 2012, 16:06
LD just copy and past the FSX.exe file over to the root folder of P3D then use the FSX registry tool and make an entry in the registry for it.

Thanks AussieMan...

I found the FSX.exe, but that's not what its called ( just "fsx" after the blue logo ). The FSX registry tool must be hidden under another name as well. How about a hint ??

LD

Lionheart
September 16th, 2012, 16:33
LD,

If youre running Win7, like everyone else but me (sigh... ) then you need to find the adjustment in Windows Explorer that allows you to see what files are what, like FSX.exe instead of just FSX. But.... If you hover your mouse over the FSX thing, it will tell you what it is, such as a program or application. Then you know that is the right file in Win7. (Just got a laptop that has Win7 in it. Very impressive).

So, find it, copy/paste into the primary P3D folder and Voila...

Bill

Lionheart
September 16th, 2012, 16:34
Hi Bill,

Over on the Aerosoft Forum for this they mention there will be a specific P3D installer next week, I am not too sure whether this will solve your issues.

I have not yet tried to instal it in P3D, or point it towards my FSX install. But they were very confident that it worked fine.

I am only a week in P3D ownership and was away for work this past week, so may try again a little later. I would be interested to hear if you have any tips or suggestions to get this to work.

Good luck mate,

Fraser.

Thanks Fraser, much appreciated. I'll hold for the update.

ORBX was doing this before they came out with the migration tool for their airports.

sketchy
September 16th, 2012, 17:03
Thanks Fraser, much appreciated. I'll hold for the update.

ORBX was doing this before they came out with the migration tool for their airports.

No problem, lets hope Aerosoft do the same, I grabbed the Gibraltar scenery right after this which is fantastic.

So, the middle part of this thread talks about copying the FSX.exe file to the P3D route folder, what is the benefit of this?

Cheers,

Fraser.

Clutch Cargo
September 22nd, 2012, 09:04
Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw out that I used the P3D Migration tool to install 'US Cities X - Los Angeles' and it worked without a hitch. Great little app for those who can't wait for the Aerosoft patch or have other addons they want to migrate over.

Clutch

SkippyBing
October 19th, 2012, 03:08
So, the middle part of this thread talks about copying the FSX.exe file to the P3D route folder, what is the benefit of this?

Some installers will only work if they see the FSX.exe in the destination folder, presumably as that way they know all the sub-folders should be in the right relative paths. Obviously this reassures them that it's fine to install there!

Mind you when I tried installing the Aerosoft Gibraltar it wouldn't have any of it as the registry said it was already installed (in FSX) so it only gave me the repair option. Ended up installing it across the network from my laptop...