PDA

View Full Version : GAS DH60 Moth

Spad54
September 15th, 2012, 10:42
Hi Folks

From all of us at GAS, Jim, Gil, Paul G, and me, here she is! Special thanks to Leyland and Brian, from across the pond and Anthony for the use of his P-8 compass. Have fun and looking forward to what the re-painters come up with. I'd really appreciate it if an administrator would add it to the library. Thanks

Best
Paul

http://goldenagesimulations.<wbr>com/GAS/GASDH60FSX.zip (http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/GASDH60FSX.zip)

Daveroo
September 15th, 2012, 10:52
awesome...thanks

Bomber_12th
September 15th, 2012, 11:04
Thank you to everyone involved with this project! I know these will be very actively flown aircraft on my end.

heywooood
September 15th, 2012, 11:14
Thank you to everyone involved with this project! I know these will be very actively flown aircraft on my end.

Thank you for this excellent gift - much appreciated here:salute:

Ferry_vO
September 15th, 2012, 11:27
:applause: :applause: :applause: Thanks Paul!

IanHenry
September 15th, 2012, 11:49
Wonderfull, thank you very much for all your hard work, it really is appreciated.

Regards,
Ian.

Naismith
September 15th, 2012, 11:50
Wow that just made my weekend a heck of a lot better. Off to start the Sir Francis Chichester route.... might take a while. :icon_lol:
Thanks for this, been looking forward to it. :applause:

RobH
September 15th, 2012, 11:53
Thank you!:icon29:

snow_white
September 15th, 2012, 12:31
Thank you for this excellent gift - much appreciated here:medals:

Ferry_vO
September 15th, 2012, 12:58
Quite obvious which version I had to fly first! ;)

The oldest flying aircraft in the Netherlands now in FsX, all thanks to a few photos! :applause:

In front of her Lelystad (EHLE) home:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/VV_Moth1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/VV_Moth2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/VV_Moth3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/VV_Moth4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/VV_Moth5.jpg

Great work! :ernae:

Milton Shupe
September 15th, 2012, 13:32
Wow! Awesome! Thanks Paul and team. I will upload it for you. :applause: :medals:

Edit: Upload completed.

Roger
September 15th, 2012, 13:35
Thanks Milton, I was about to do it but you've done much more uploading than me, lol!

This is a great collaberation Paul and it's looking fantastic! Thanks for all you and the team's hard work.:ernae:

Ian Warren
September 15th, 2012, 13:57
Wow that just made my weekend a heck of a lot better. Off to start the Sir Francis Chichester route.... might take a while. :icon_lol:
Thanks for this, been looking forward to it. :applause:

It is quite amazing how Sir Francis Chichester practiced his navigation with a sextant on a pushbike biking around the NZ Auckland country roads taking his hands off the handle bars to work the sextant - this was how he was to do this alone across the Tasman Sea while flying , course the rest is history and showed he was smack on :cool:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

papab
September 15th, 2012, 14:08
WOW:applause:
Thanks for the gift

Excellent job, well done
Rick

huub vink
September 15th, 2012, 14:21
Great work Paul and team! And thanks for sharing your talents with our community!

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/FSX_DH60_a1.jpg

TuFun
September 15th, 2012, 14:33
Thank you so much for another awesome bi-plane!

Spad54
September 15th, 2012, 15:08
Thanks Milton, I was about to do it but you've done much more uploading than me, lol!

This is a great collaberation Paul and it's looking fantastic! Thanks for all you and the team's hard work.:ernae:

Thanks for the help with the wing fold bug, Roger. Not sure I would have stumbled on that solution.

Spad54
September 15th, 2012, 15:10
Wow! Awesome! Thanks Paul and team. I will upload it for you. :applause: :medals:

Edit: Upload completed.

Thanks much, Milton. I'll get it posted to the FlightSim and AvSim sometime in the next few days

Roger
September 15th, 2012, 16:05
Like the amphib:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/dh60fsx-1.jpg

AussieMan
September 15th, 2012, 20:02
Thanks fellas for a great aircraft. I have downloaded and installed this aircraft and am very impressed. I have the original FS9 DH-60 with quite a few VH paints. Can you tell me if these paints will fit the new version if I convert them to DDS.

Spad54
September 16th, 2012, 03:28
Thanks fellas for a great aircraft. I have downloaded and installed this aircraft and am very impressed. I have the original FS9 DH-60 with quite a few VH paints. Can you tell me if these paints will fit the new version if I convert them to DDS.

Unfortunately not. The entire aircraft has been mapped to a new texture set using 2048x2048 maps. There is a paint kit with the model located in a folder named Golden Age Simulations found in your FSX root directory.

fxsttcb
September 16th, 2012, 06:35
Free GAS? Gotta love it! Thanks Team, she's a beauty. :applause:...Don

jmig
September 16th, 2012, 08:14
Thank you gentlemen. This is a really nice and unexpected gift.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

SpaceWeevil
September 16th, 2012, 11:05
The older I get, the lower and slower I like to fly - what a lovely way to do it, thank you so much!

rayhere48
September 16th, 2012, 11:32
I would like to add my thank you for this fun and very nice looking aircraft.

AussieMan
September 16th, 2012, 15:18
Unfortunately not. The entire aircraft has been mapped to a new texture set using 2048x2048 maps. There is a paint kit with the model located in a folder named Golden Age Simulations found in your FSX root directory.

No worries I will just have to get the paint pot out over the next few days.

Spad54
September 16th, 2012, 15:46
No worries I will just have to get the paint pot out over the next few days.
Looking forward to seeing your work.

danyboy21
September 17th, 2012, 00:21
Great job

Thank you very much :salute:

Crusader
September 17th, 2012, 01:38
I love this aircraft . The Moth has a very long and interesting history . :salute: to all involved on an outstanding job and sharing it with all .

(Nice early birthday present)

Thanks again ,

Rich

mike_cyul
September 17th, 2012, 03:06
Just superb! Thank you so much. :ernae::ernae:

Bruce Thompson
September 17th, 2012, 03:52
A Great Gift, very many thanks for this superb aircraft.:applause::applause::applause:

fleurdelys
September 17th, 2012, 06:44
A big thank you GAS and team for this gorgeous aircraft... :icon29:

I've just installed it and made a few flights to get acquainted with her. Very nice in all respects !

I was wondering if there is provision for a passenger (such as Merryl Streep in Out of Africa) since the load section can accomodate for the weight of a passenger ?

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

pilottj
September 17th, 2012, 07:22
Great job GAS, thanks for this beauty.:salute::icon29:

Adrian Petford
September 17th, 2012, 13:53
I've long been a fan of Jim Douglass' model, flying her since FS9 days. One I always thought would remain on the FS9 native models list though, so this brilliant FSX native conversion comes as a real treat. And not just a conversion either, you've taken a classic model to a whole new level. The liveries, seaplane and amphibian are great! :applause:

Thank you very much, Golden Age Simulations.

Now does anyone fancy doing a repaint of Amy Johnson's G-AAAH "Jason"? The version intended for the FS9 model won't work with the new texture mappings.

Thanks again,

Ade

Dexdoggy
September 17th, 2012, 16:05
Thankyou so much for this great little place - perfect for some VFR!

Lionheart
September 17th, 2012, 19:56
Sweet little Bird, guys! Many thanks for this kind gesture.

:applause: :medals:

Bill

Pips
September 18th, 2012, 05:49
It's free? :icon_eek: It's free!!!:isadizzy:

This is payware quality guys. Just a superb aeroplane, beautifully modelled. Many many thanks. :applause:

doublecool
September 18th, 2012, 16:42
WOW... Very nice gift :wavey:

Thank you very much :salute:

AussieMan
September 19th, 2012, 23:12
Now does anyone fancy doing a repaint of Amy Johnson's G-AAAH "Jason"? The version intended for the FS9 model won't work with the new texture mappings.

Ade

If you are patient it is on my to do list now I have a couple of photos of the museum model. Got a couple of VH-*** to do first.

Adrian Petford
September 20th, 2012, 03:06
If you are patient it is on my to do list now I have a couple of photos of the museum model. Got a couple of VH-*** to do first.

Great, thanks AussieMan. I'll look forward to that and your Aussie paints too. Will be excellent to have some additional liveries for the new model.

Thanks again,

Ade

Portia911
September 20th, 2012, 03:27
Like Ade and many others, I used to fly Jim's FS9 Moths. Wonderful then . . . and I can't wait to try this new, improved version in FSX (downloading now).
Many thanks to all at GAS (and Ant) for this gift. :salute:

P38man
September 20th, 2012, 18:39
Thanks GAS looks lovely. Much appreciated :salute:

AussieMan
September 21st, 2012, 01:50
Well I have almost finished VH-UAE and hopefully by Sunday I will have started work on Amy Johnson's aircraft. Very little will be happening tomorrow as I will be away taking part in a Rural Fire Service exercise.

peter12213
September 21st, 2012, 10:20
Ive always wanted one and this is a great job, thanks a lot!

Spad54
September 21st, 2012, 16:42
Well I have almost finished VH-UAE and hopefully by Sunday I will have started work on Amy Johnson's aircraft. Very little will be happening tomorrow as I will be away taking part in a Rural Fire Service exercise.

AussieMan. You're work in renowned and I look forward to your liveries. Thanks much for taking the requests on

AussieMan
September 22nd, 2012, 21:49
A big thank you to Peter Watkins. Amy Johnson's aircraft has been done by Peter and you can get it here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=168534

peterwatkins2
September 23rd, 2012, 04:04
A big thank you to Peter Watkins. Amy Johnson's aircraft has been done by Peter and you can get it here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=168534

Cheers, Pat. I have also issued CF-AGX and am now working on the black and orange G-AANL. Which Oz ones are you doing? I don't want to duplicate your efforts! Looking forward to your VH-UAE.

regards, Peter W

arfyhun
September 23rd, 2012, 07:52
Thank you very much for a spectacular aeroplane. Anything DeHavilland is nectar to me but this is a large step beyond...

Graham.

Adrian Petford
September 23rd, 2012, 15:12
Thanks Peter and Pat for the superb repaints.

Much appreciated,

Ade

Ian Warren
September 23rd, 2012, 15:39
In search for other material on another type only to find many NZ registered DH60s , one even recent in colour dated April 1989 and was for sale few years back $300.000NZ
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

AussieMan
September 23rd, 2012, 23:36
Cheers, Pat. I have also issued CF-AGX and am now working on the black and orange G-AANL. Which Oz ones are you doing? I don't want to duplicate your efforts! Looking forward to your VH-UAE.

regards, Peter W

Peter I have in mind Gipsy powered VH-ULJ, ULP, UPU, ULM and Cirrus powered UAU and UAO. UAO wiull also possibly be in 2 schemes. Civilian and military.

peterwatkins2
September 24th, 2012, 07:02
Peter I have in mind Gipsy powered VH-ULJ, ULP, UPU, ULM and Cirrus powered UAU and UAO. UAO wiull also possibly be in 2 schemes. Civilian and military.

Thanks for the info Pat. Five of those were on my to do list - You've saved me a lot of time! I will concentrate my efforts mainly on British, Canadian and US examples.

cheers, Peter

AussieMan
September 24th, 2012, 16:45
Thanks for the info Pat. Five of those were on my to do list - You've saved me a lot of time! I will concentrate my efforts mainly on British, Canadian and US examples.

cheers, Peter

Pete, by all means do some of the Aussie ones. Just leave me ULM and UAO. I will have a look for some Kiwi ones.

We can always work together with lists.

fleurdelys
September 26th, 2012, 05:19
HU for two new very colourful liveries of this gorgeous bird by Peter Watkins at Flightsim ...

Thank you Peter and Pat for your work... :icon29:

Are there any military trainer liveries for this aircraft ? I like the wartime look of these old biplanes (although we loose a bit on the coloured side of things) ... :icon_lol:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Roger
September 26th, 2012, 10:40
HU for two new very colourful liveries of this gorgeous bird by Peter Watkins at Flightsim ...

Are there any military trainer liveries for this aircraft ? I like the wartime look of these old biplanes (although we loose a bit on the coloured side of things) ... :icon_lol:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Thanks for the hu!
Downloading now.

AussieMan
September 26th, 2012, 17:02
I have come across a small problem when painting the Gipsy Moth. There appears to be a small fillet where the tail section joins the fuselage and mo matter how I try I cannot paint it the same colour as the tail fin. The same thing applied when I painted VH-UAE but this time it is more obvious because of the paint pattern on the tail fin. Here are a couple of shots.

I have circled the problem area. Any help is much appreciated.

By the way this is still a work in progress so there are some areas to be covered yet.

Spad54
September 27th, 2012, 04:52
I have come across a small problem when painting the Gipsy Moth. There appears to be a small fillet where the tail section joins the fuselage and mo matter how I try I cannot paint it the same colour as the tail fin. The same thing applied when I painted VH-UAE but this time it is more obvious because of the paint pattern on the tail fin. Here are a couple of shots.

I have circled the problem area. Any help is much appreciated.

By the way this is still a work in progress so there are some areas to be covered yet.
That part of the aircraft is mapped to the fuselage texture, if I recall correctly. I did it that way because the majority of examples studied had the metal faring painted the same as the fuselage. I'm not sure if there is a fix short of recompiling the whole model and reissuing an update. The downside in doing that would be that all previous paint schemes may have to be revised. Send me you wip so I can load it in the design program and evaluate.

I just checked it and as I suspected its mapped to the fuselage body color. I don't see an easy way to fix this short of a remap.

AussieMan
September 28th, 2012, 14:30
Will try to sent you the WIP I am working on at the moment but if it is mapped to the fuselage texture I guess it is a small something we can live with. It will be easier with aircraft that have an all over colour scheme (colours where the fuselage and tail assembly are the same colour). I have a couple of silver repaints in mind that will be fine.

Spad54
September 29th, 2012, 03:12
Will try to sent you the WIP I am working on at the moment but if it is mapped to the fuselage texture I guess it is a small something we can live with. It will be easier with aircraft that have an all over colour scheme (colours where the fuselage and tail assembly are the same colour). I have a couple of silver repaints in mind that will be fine.

Unfortunate I suspect we'll have to manage around that. Look forward to your continued work

AussieMan
September 29th, 2012, 23:06
Don't know how to attach a file to a PM so I will add them here for you Spad.

I have only included the three main files: Fuselage and both wing sets.

Naismith
September 30th, 2012, 00:50

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

I do love her in that tangerine livery! Thank-you.

fleurdelys
October 2nd, 2012, 19:27
Another HU for two new liveries by Peter Watkins at Flightsim, including the one flown by Denys Finch-Hatton in Kenya (played by Robert Redford in Out of Africa)...

This plane is gorgeous and the liveries outstanding...

Thank you Peter !... :icon29:

Fleurdelys

peterwatkins2
October 3rd, 2012, 06:38
Another HU for two new liveries by Peter Watkins at Flightsim, including the one flown by Denys Finch-Hatton in Kenya (played by Robert Redford in Out of Africa)...

This plane is gorgeous and the liveries outstanding...

Thank you Peter !... :icon29:

Fleurdelys

Hope you liked the RAF military one! Still quite a few more to do - civil and military- and I must get started on the Cirrus version including the floatplane (Australian military and Finnish civil examples). The amphibian Gipsy is very limited repaint-wise - a shame. There are quite a few Gipsy floatplane schemes if the Guys at GAS felt like fitting floats to the Gipsy model!! The Gipsy Moth has always been my favourite plane but then you probably guessed that! I always liked the FS9 version but this one takes it to a whole new level. Brilliant stuff GAS!

cheers, Peter W

AussieMan
October 3rd, 2012, 20:57
I have just about finished VH-ULM and VH-UAO (A7-9).

If anyone can help me with the RGB combination and alpha channel to use to get a half decent silver I will be very happy. At the moment the combinations I am using from samples turn out more grey that anything.

Naki
October 4th, 2012, 17:56
Here's NZs only flying Gypsy Moth taken at the recent Mosquito show...actually I think its the only one left now that AEJ has been sold overseas...don't there are any others in the country static or otherwise

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Naki_04_2008/DSC_0648.jpg

peterwatkins2
October 5th, 2012, 00:22
Here's NZs only flying Gypsy Moth taken at the recent Mosquito show...actually I think its the only one left now that AEJ has been sold overseas...don't there are any others in the country static or otherwise

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Naki_04_2008/DSC_0648.jpg

Very nice! I will paint and upload for tomorrow.

cheers, Peter

fleurdelys
October 5th, 2012, 03:26
Hope you liked the RAF military one! Still quite a few more to do - civil and military- and I must get started on the Cirrus version including the floatplane (Australian military and Finnish civil examples). The amphibian Gipsy is very limited repaint-wise - a shame. There are quite a few Gipsy floatplane schemes if the Guys at GAS felt like fitting floats to the Gipsy model!! The Gipsy Moth has always been my favourite plane but then you probably guessed that! I always liked the FS9 version but this one takes it to a whole new level. Brilliant stuff GAS!

cheers, Peter W

Hi Peter,

Your reference to the RAF military one got me thinking that I might have missed a few (which I had) and found them at Flightsim...

Thank you again for all your work... :icon29:

My question regarding the military textures was more in line with the Tiger Moth which was used for training and had some nice textures in the military service such as yellow or camo or a combination of both...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

PS: Here are the pics of the missing Gypsies...

Naki
October 7th, 2012, 20:22
Very nice! I will paint and upload for tomorrow.

cheers, Peter

Cool..looking foward to it (as well lots of guys at NZFF)...nice addtion to the hangar alongside Ant's Tiger Moth and DGs Rapide

fleurdelys
October 19th, 2012, 12:37
HU for all those biplane lovers and particularily the Gipsy and Cirrus Moth from GAS...

Since my last posting, Peter W. has not been idle and you can find his many skins at Flightsim !

There are 3 more Gipsies as well as 4 Cirrus and 2 seaplanes. Two of those retained my attention as they are both wartime skins (Finnish and an RAF seaplane).

Thank you Peter... :icon29:

Fleurdelys

fleurdelys
October 19th, 2012, 12:39
And the last one...

fleurdelys
October 23rd, 2012, 10:17
Just out of the paint shop and still dripping wet, this one is rather colourful, by Peter W. It can be downloaded as usual at Flightsim...

HighGround22
October 23rd, 2012, 12:20
Luv-Lay!! Purely beautiful paint, Fleur! Many thanks for that.

And fwiw, I'd very much admire one of your colourful paints on the seaplane version, as well.

A bientot (j'espere).