PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate In-Flight Audio - Courtesy of NASA

tk421
September 15th, 2012, 06:56
I'm posting this on my Dad's account (with his permission) so I hope this is the right place. He retired from Rocketdyne's Space Shuttle Main Engine program so I've always been a space fan. Having missed the chance to see a launch in person I decided to use my video and audio skills to give people an experience as 'close to real' as possible. If you've got a good sound system with a decent sub here is the chance to see if you got your money's worth. It's had well over a million views on YouTube - I hope you enjoy it... Play Loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoNITE-CLc

Daveroo
September 15th, 2012, 07:50
that was pretty awesome,when she launched,my cat jumped up and ran from the sound,,,lol..great stuff,thanks for sharing

Naismith
September 15th, 2012, 12:20
Oh yes we liked that! Good posting. :jump:

PRB
September 15th, 2012, 12:34
That was impressive. Never got to see a launch either. One time I was in Titusville on the scheduled day of a launch, but it got scrubbed, and since this was work, I couldn't stay. Another time I was in Jacksonville when it did launch, but it was daytime and Jacksonville is a little to far away to see it. I'll bet I could have seen it if it was a night launch... A dam shame they're all done. In all likelihood, this country will never again possess the ability to put people into orbit, let alone send them to another planet or even the Moon, and that makes me sad. Well, more than sad, really...

pfflyers
September 15th, 2012, 13:51
Wow, thanks for sharing that. When the main engines lit, the boom rattled the windows and sent the dog under the bed.

kilo delta
September 15th, 2012, 13:57
My neighbours will personally thank you!:icon_lol:

Love it.