PDA

View Full Version : runways

John Pirnie
September 13th, 2012, 18:12
Where can I find the OBJECTS of runways for the mission

:jump:(runway2a_mat_sq)

Allen
September 13th, 2012, 22:35
I've always wanted to know this too. I know they work fine in MB but during the normal game thing go bad...

bearcat241
September 14th, 2012, 00:15
The path is **\Combat Flight Simulator 2\SCENEDB\runways\scenery\runways.bgl. Its a "bundled" bgl that contains the object polys of all the stock runway types. It also calls up the runway textures from the corresponding texture folder **\Combat Flight Simulator 2\SCENEDB\runways\texture.

John Pirnie
September 14th, 2012, 05:09
The path is **\Combat Flight Simulator 2\SCENEDB\runways\scenery\runways.bgl. Its a "bundled" bgl that contains the object polys of all the stock runway types. It also calls up the runway textures from the corresponding texture folder **\Combat Flight Simulator 2\SCENEDB\runways\texture.

I know where to find it in my computer.
I need to load it into my game for PHPto fly.
Thanks, John

Shadow Wolf 07
September 14th, 2012, 06:27

:salute: Place a copy of that bgl in your scenedb/inf/scenery folder and delete the filelist.dat file found there when you finish. Next copt the runways textures from the \SCENEDB\runways\texture folder and paste them into the scenedb/inf/textures folder. This won't give you a runway there in FF or QC but in that particular Mission that you place the runway, you will see it in the mission, assuming you placed it on relatively flat terrain. You won't be able to use it for (programmed into the mission) takeoffs and landings unless you do some fancy work with the airbase.dat file. If you want the runway for other than "eyewash", you should get and utilize Flight Simulator Scenery Creator (FSSC) or some othe program to create an airfield...

John Pirnie
September 14th, 2012, 13:01
:salute: Place a copy of that bgl in your scenedb/inf/scenery folder and delete the filelist.dat file found there when you finish. Next copt the runways textures from the \SCENEDB\runways\texture folder and paste them into the scenedb/inf/textures folder. This won't give you a runway there in FF or QC but in that particular Mission that you place the runway, you will see it in the mission, assuming you placed it on relatively flat terrain. You won't be able to use it for (programmed into the mission) takeoffs and landings unless you do some fancy work with the airbase.dat file. If you want the runway for other than "eyewash", you should get and utilize Flight Simulator Scenery Creator (FSSC) or some othe program to create an airfield...

Thank you so much for the help, it works fine now.
Thank you, John:salute: