PDA

View Full Version : Vstudios Dauntless is.........

Barnes
September 11th, 2012, 05:24
........... still one of my favourites to get out the hangar - just the canopy animations alone make it exceptional and the dive brakes.

Well done VStudios.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Untitled-1copy-14.jpg

fliger747
September 12th, 2012, 10:25
Went to the Air Museum at Ford Island yesterday, where they have three SBD's, two inside and one outside. The aft canopy is quite a marvel! I have thought and still believe that the spinner is slightly oversized. Back in the FS9 daze I did the FDE for the SOH SBD, a fun plane to test, especially in those near verticle dives.

I do remember reading Winkle Brown's test notes of the SBD "This is the terror of the Pacific?". It did have the lowest crew loss rate of any USN naval aircraft of the era, amazingly!

T

Ian Warren
September 12th, 2012, 12:13
A great aircraft and course to have a No.25s 'Howa-baht that Hic' included , the unit commander T.J becoming the flamboyant base commander at Wigram RNZAF in the late 1950's , be well suited when VS introduce their CV-6 . :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">