PDA

View Full Version : Help with FS 9 Textures

Jagdflieger
September 9th, 2012, 20:27
I have been trying to get my Ground Crew Bf 110G aeroplane to show up properly in FS 9. It is the only aircraft in my hanger with the "bluries." I've tried using Martin Wright's DXT program to save the textures as DXT 1, DXT3 as well as the various extended textures in 16 and 32 formats. So far, the plane continues to exhibit a fuzzy appearance. It's stable mate, the Bf 110E has nice sharp textures, but I'd prefer to fly the G model with its better VC.

Any ideas why just the G model suffers this issue out of at least a hundred add on aircraft in my sim?

Here are screen shots of the G model with the bluries and the E Model with sharp textures from the same designer.

RobH
September 10th, 2012, 17:11
Hi Jag,

Just double checking, but you have saved the texture file as Extended 32 bit 888-8? Also, make sure your mip maps are unchecked on the right side of DXTbmp. Not sure if it really makes a difference or not, but I have always heard it is better to hit save and not save as in DXTbmp. Just throwing some ideas at you.:salute:

RobH
September 10th, 2012, 17:26
Sorry, another dumb question...You do have the FS9 version installed and not the CFS2 version? Not trying to insult you, just being sure.:jump:

Jagdflieger
September 11th, 2012, 07:47
Rob,

Yes, it's the FS 9 version. I'll check the MIP Maps in a bit and report back.

Jagdflieger
September 14th, 2012, 15:44
Thanks! Your suggestion was spot on. It was apparently the MIPs causing the problem. I unchecked that block and wa la!

RobH
September 16th, 2012, 06:17
Thanks! Your suggestion was spot on. It was apparently the MIPs causing the problem. I unchecked that block and wa la!

Your welcome. Glad it was a easy fix.:jump: