PDA

View Full Version : Canadair CL-44 for FSX?

falcon409
September 7th, 2012, 18:38
Anyone aware of one that has a VC? I downloaded the nice one from Britsim but it has no VC. Thanks!:salute:

falcon409
September 7th, 2012, 21:38
Ok, lol. . . .well, I think I've found a suitable sub. . .Jens Bristol Britannia. Beautiful airplane, nice VC and pop-ups, engine start-up that doesn't take an entire 200 page manual to figure out and actually does quite well on some shorter fields. I tracked down a nice turboprop sound set (it was aliased to the Cessna 208) and is relatively easy to handle. I just need to replace the prop-blur and adjust the eyepoint up a bit, otherwise it's a nice port.

mjahn
September 7th, 2012, 22:45
Ok, lol. . . .well, I think I've found a suitable sub. . .Jens Bristol Britannia. Beautiful airplane, nice VC and pop-ups, engine start-up that doesn't take an entire 200 page manual to figure out and actually does quite well on some shorter fields. I tracked down a nice turboprop sound set (it was aliased to the Cessna 208) and is relatively easy to handle. I just need to replace the prop-blur and adjust the eyepoint up a bit, otherwise it's a nice port.

Why not use Jens's FSX version right out of the box -- brt_v10x.zip at Flightsim.

falcon409
September 7th, 2012, 23:15
Hmm, not sure why that didn't come up when I did a search for Bristol Britannia. . . .thank you for the reference, downloading now.:salute:

GarryRussell
September 9th, 2012, 05:25
Two things
:)
One...you don't need to go through a long complex start...use the rapid start buttton which works much the same as CTRL E
:icon_eek:
Two..A Canadair CL-44 is a very very different aeroplane to a Bristol Britannia.:confused:

falcon409
September 9th, 2012, 07:35
Two things
One...you don't need to go through a long complex start...use the rapid start button which works the same as CTRL E
Yep, my comment was a friendly "jab" at the more complex models that require you to go through the proper sequence to start the aircraft, that's all.:salute:

Two..A Canadair CL-44 is a very very different aeroplane to a Bristol Britannia.
Yep, I didn't say it wasn't, I simply said it was a "suitable sub" since they're both borne of the same basic design. I liked the CL-44, but I don't fly aircraft that don't have VC's. I noticed that the Bristol Britannia was the basis for the CL-44, so it was my next choice and it has a VC.:salute: