PDA

View Full Version : Hat's off to Alabeo and Bstolle

Peter SWE
September 7th, 2012, 10:38
:salute:

I've allways admired agpilots for their skill and have flown crop spraying in both fs9 and fsx on and off over the years. When Alabeo released their agtruck it was like christmas since it is a really nice add on. In an attemt to learn more of the agpilot trade i searched around youtube and found this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrfEsCiltc

After watching the video i fired up fsx and got the Alabeo agtruck off the ground, flying from Orbx West wind (7WA3). I started spraying a field and tryed out the manouvers that were discussed in the youtubeclip and, godness me....
It all works, the Agtruck stalls the wings exactly like the RW plane and i could save it just like in the clip. It is really, REALLY close to the real deal.
:jump:

I've had so much fun with this the last couple of days, Thanks Alabeo and Bstolle for making such a great addon.

bushpilot
September 7th, 2012, 13:17
It's one of the coolest addons ever released. I hope Alabeo will make AirTractor with radial engine.

heywooood
September 7th, 2012, 16:45
I want to sign this thread too - I expect the Pawnee to be in my hangar at some point after release even though I bought the Cessna - as much to support Alabeo as for the enjoyment of flying it

greenie
September 7th, 2012, 19:38
Thanks for this Peter . I'm still alive and now can expect to stay that way !! I found this interesting and helpful .

bstolle
September 8th, 2012, 00:54
I've had so much fun with this the last couple of days, Thanks Alabeo and Bstolle for making such a great addon

Thanx for your kind words. Altough Alabeo is Carenados 'cheap & easy' product line (with a corresponding rediculous low paycheck I might add) I try to make all my FDEs as realistic as possible.
I simply can't deliver a 'dumbed' down FDE ;)

jmig
September 8th, 2012, 06:30
That is a very good video Peter. Thanks for posting it. The info applies to just about any type of flying, not just ag flying.

heywooood
September 8th, 2012, 07:39
Thanx for your kind words. Altough Alabeo is Carenados 'cheap & easy' product line (with a corresponding rediculous low paycheck I might add) I try to make all my FDEs as realistic as possible.
I simply can't deliver a 'dumbed' down FDE ;)

sir, you have no idea how much I appreciate that kind of integrity..and I don't think I'm speaking only for myself - :salute:

your FDE's coupled with these great models make FSX much better than it should be - and without your efforts there would only be style without substance

Firekitten
September 8th, 2012, 08:11
Excellent explanation of the dynamics of rudder work... too few pilots really fully understand the rudder beyond its necessity towards coordination. Especially GA pilots. spits from low speed stalls are a killer, and many lives would be saved if people were better instructed. Too many have the instinct to lift the wing as he says... and that's fatal.

HighGround22
December 17th, 2012, 09:45
It's one of the coolest addons ever released. I hope Alabeo will make AirTractor with radial engine.
I heartily agree on both points, BP!!

Especially the power: The one thing that would bring a tear to my eye would be the addition of a nice, big, fat, grumbly radial at the front end.

We're possibly just lone voices in the wilderness, but I'll bet there are others who'd buy it if they made it.

sir, you have no idea how much I appreciate that kind of integrity..and I don't think I'm speaking only for myself - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/salute.gif

your FDE's coupled with these great models make FSX much better than it should be - and without your efforts there would only be style without substance
I second Heywood's well-crafted remarks, Berndt! Your genius is greatly appreciated!

olderndirt
December 17th, 2012, 18:21
I simply can't deliver a 'dumbed' down FDE ;)Bernt - all these 'charitable' works must certainly help at tax time. You airline pilots are the salt of the earth.