PDA

View Full Version : Member Map

Jagdflieger
September 7th, 2012, 07:59
Many of you have already noticed the "Member Map" post in the Newshawks forum. If not, you can see it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/dcMembermap.php

Take a minute and check it out. It's a great way to see if there are any other Outhouse members near you. While my screen shot just shows the USA, the whole world is represented and it is interesting to see where the concentrations of flight simmers are. The balloons are clickable and give the member's user name.

Shadow Wolf 07
September 7th, 2012, 08:19
Yes, and when you place tour name in position you can even zoom in to your city/town, street and block. :applause:

Morton
September 7th, 2012, 08:19
Hey, that's pretty cool! I updated my correct position.

Morton

sc7500
September 7th, 2012, 08:27
Curious...

What do the different colored markers represent ?
SC
:kilroy:

Tako_Kichi
September 7th, 2012, 08:46
I know the orange one is your own personal marker. The green and blue ones I am not 100% sure about but I think the green ones are recent additions to the map (added during the current day perhaps) and the blue ones are older markers (i.e. more than one day old).

The above is just a guess on my part after looking at the map changes over several days. I don't think it's based on SOH membership status in any way.

sc7500
September 7th, 2012, 08:51
...I know the orange one is your own personal marker. The green and blue ones I am not 100% sure about but I think the green ones are recent additions to the map (added during the current day perhaps) and the blue ones are older markers (i.e. more than one day old)...The above is just a guess on my part after looking at the map changes over several days. I don't think it's based on SOH membership status in any way...

Makes complete sense !

TY
SC
:kilroy:

[Tako_Kichi = Kite Crazy, huh ? (;-)]

Discus
September 7th, 2012, 09:02
Thanks for the head up. One more member location added!

Tako_Kichi
September 7th, 2012, 09:12
[Tako_Kichi = Kite Crazy, huh ? (;-)]
Well done! :applause:

Not many people get that connection.

I used to build and fly large kites (the largest was roughly 166 sq. ft. in area) until health issues forced me off the flying fields, in fact my wife and I gained an international reputation for the kites we built.

In addition the RAF used to refer to aircraft as 'kites' during WWII and as an ex-pat Brit (and a lover of warbirds) it seemed like a fitting 'handle' for the flight sim forums. :icon_lol:

Finn
September 7th, 2012, 10:17
When searching for my own position, I found myself put into the Atlantic Ocean well off the French coast. I' m living in Denmark, where we do have about 7000 km of coast, and I am also pretty old - but not old enough to live in Atlantis. I hope I managed to update my position.
Finn

misson
September 8th, 2012, 09:27
Hey Discus ! we were near and I knew it not. So i do not feel so alone in the south!:icon_lol:

Discus
September 13th, 2012, 05:57
As we say... "Del otro lado del charco!" "On the other side of the pond!" Although in this case itīs not the Atlantic Ocean but the Rio de la Plata.

I lived in Carrasco during 2001-2002 and in Salto during 1999-2001. Before that I lived from Monday to Friday/Saturday in Montevideo, staying in an apartment in Pocitos.

Cheers, Discus

Ian Astill
September 13th, 2012, 09:21
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/Euphgit/Untitled-4.jpg

I'm so ronery, so ronery............