PDA

View Full Version : British bombers? You bet, with a little help!

Rami
September 6th, 2012, 15:28
Hey guys,

I have some excellent news for you. Because Ted Cook has done such wonderful bombers for FS9, (The Whitley, the Hampden, the Avro Manchester, and the Wellington) I asked him if I could obtain the model source files from these aircraft so that we could create multi-lod models for them, and have a set of framerate-friendly, player-flyable, early-war British bombers that are badly needed for the ETO.

Shessi, buddha13, and others, I believe, have already done conversion packs for many of these, so once we have the multi-lod models, we should be good to go. Here are the conversion packs already in place...

Armstrong-Whitworth Whitley: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=1256

Coastal command model: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=2562

Manchester Mk. I model: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=3085
Manchester Mk. Ia model: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=3086

Vickers Wellington: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=7139
UncleTgt I: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=6866
UncleTgt II: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=6865
Morton: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=732

Handley-Page Hampden: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=7114

What I am looking for are volunteers for testing, .dp, panel, and airfile work if needed, and someone to make the multi-lod models and be able to compile them. The models were done with FSDS 2/3, and oldwheat told me that he'd like to be involved with the model work.

It would be most appreciated if others could pitch in and help with this as well.

P.S. - Oldwheat and others doing the model work...send me a PM, and I will pass along the model source files.

Jagdflieger
September 6th, 2012, 15:41
An outstanding offer from Ted Cook. I've been flying his bombers in both CFS 2 and FS 9 for some time and look forward to the multi-res models. I wish I could help, but those in depth conversions are beyond my meager skills.

Rami
September 7th, 2012, 01:55
God morning,

I now have possession of the model source files, folks. So, those who are doing the model work, come and get 'em!

sc7500
September 7th, 2012, 05:27
Count me in for DP and AIR file tweakage - I need a project to keep me busier ! :sheep:

SC
:kilroy:

Morton
September 7th, 2012, 08:26
A multilod of Cook's Hampden would be wonderful. This is a very nice model. And the only CFS2 Hampden I know.

(But your Handley-Page Hampden is a link to the Heyford isn't it Rami?)

Mort

Desert Rat
September 7th, 2012, 11:31
Hi,

I did find my old Hampden stuff, and eventually found a backup of FSDS. There are issues, I know, but I can work on those. Mainly anims lost from LOD2. Contains 4 LOD's maybe some breaking parts, can't remember. I don't have CFS2 installed anymore, (will rectify that this weekend) so if you guys want to test and let me know what needs done. No sound included or gauges, I think the gauges were in the original conversion, if not let me know.

Jamie

Rami
September 7th, 2012, 11:32
A multilod of Cook's Hampden would be wonderful. This is a very nice model. And the only CFS2 Hampden I know.

(But your Handley-Page Hampden is a link to the Heyford isn't it Rami?)

Mort

Morton,

Fixed. (Same link)

Rami
September 7th, 2012, 11:34
JD,

Great, thanks for the head-start! It's nice to hear from you, how's the missus and the not-so-little ones?

Shessi
September 7th, 2012, 12:29
I know Jagd is going to give me stick for it, BUT, the Manchester is close to being done (honest!), and I've being doing a lot with the Wellington and others (lots of).

I wasn't going to show these as it then puts the pressure on..but...Ted's Manchester, Wellington (MkI, MkX, MkXIII, MkXVIV), Stirling (MkI, MkIV tug, and with Horsa and ai versions), and a total revamp/upgrade of Stuart Green's Sunderland III (a MkI and MkIII), AND a new LB30/B24A/GRI Liberator, all done from their source models. Please don't think that I think I've got the monoploy on these, absolutely not, I would just hate effort to be wasted!

These are all done in Fs9 but will be done for CFS2 (of course!!! ;)) (I'm really pleased with the working Leigh light Wellington and the all new B24A). I've got to admit 'family issues' (we all have them) have slowed things considerable over the last few months, and as you can see still a LOT to do, and yes help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Shessi

Desert Rat
September 7th, 2012, 12:42
Rami,

everyone is fine thanks, and your brood? Hope all is well. I am still around, not as much as I used to be by along shot. I lost my mojo for (C)FS and have only pottered around for the last few years. Nothing much more than the odd flight, install a new plane, etc.

I dug out the Hampden awhile ago, but lost my FSDS after Norton utilities (a special offer!!) screwed my entire registry. I've found it (FSDS2.24) on an old disc, but seem to have completely lost FSDS3, bummer, but it don't do CFS2 anyways.

The dp,cfg and air file may be badly wonky(?) as I may have been testing things, steal the relevant bits from RAMI's original link above if need be.

Another thing I noticed was missing texture on LOD3, it shows in FSDS, but not in Sim (FS9) or ACM. I seem to remember doing breaking parts on the main LOD, but don't think I got them done on the others?

It's been so long, I'll have to re-familiarize myself with FSDS.

The model includes anims for Bomb-bay and aimer (tailhook), cowl flaps and vent windows (cowl flaps), skylight and rear exit (wing-fold), canopy (default), Auto spoiler (with gauges installed), antenna (Concorde nose thingy). VC with moving controls. gunners man their stations with gear-up. Think that's it?

all the best,
Jamie

misson
September 7th, 2012, 14:33
I would love work in the model but I don't know nothing FSDS about , but there is something in gmax? any way I could help with air and aircraft file adaptations for cfs2 , just tell me what I can do, Rami!:wiggle:

Desert Rat
September 7th, 2012, 14:40
Shessi,

looking awesome, really like the Liberator, been wanting one of those since forever!!

Misson,

I do have the Gmax source files for Gramps/FDG2 B17D (is that right? it's got an original tail, no gunner station), I never learned GMAX so never really looked at it. Gramps did give me permission to utilise it, so if your game?

All

Speaking of Uncle Ted, I think I may have source files for his Magister and Miles M.20. Does anyone still use the Masters we did? If so, are the former of interest?

Jamie

oldwheat
September 7th, 2012, 15:14
Fer sure on the B-17D both it & the Liberator are high on my want list.

misson
September 7th, 2012, 16:27
But we need secondary models (lods) not high detailed ?, I have some sources in X files or model file or scasm, but how to add into the main model? I just wondering because I simply donīt know.

Rami
September 7th, 2012, 16:48
Oldwheat,

I just sent you the source files tonight...I would have gotten them to you earlier, but there was a high school football game this afternoon.

oldwheat
September 7th, 2012, 19:04
I got them.

UncleTgt
September 8th, 2012, 05:29
Shessi,

That's a great body of work there!

Any chance of a Lib II as well?

Shessi
September 8th, 2012, 08:29
Hi UT....yes, possibly, but there are many other freeware MkIIs i.e. Alphasim, Krzysztof Malinowski etc.

Over the years I've dabbled with FSDS, but at the start of the year I just went mad with it, and now I'm going back to pick up the pieces...;)

Cheers

Shessi

oldwheat
September 8th, 2012, 09:52
Rami,
What I was alluding to in my PM is that I believe that Ted C sent the file for the wrong Armstrong Whitworth ;) ....

Rami
September 8th, 2012, 10:27
Rami,
What I was alluding to in my PM is that I believe that Ted C sent the file for the wrong Armstrong Whitworth ;) ....

Oldwheat,

Yeah, I think I'll have to send ol' Ted another PM. :jump:

Rami
September 8th, 2012, 18:40
Jamie,

My apologies for not responding the last couple of days. My eldest, Sara, is about four-and-a-half, and we're looking at kindergarten pretty soon. My twins are now three, and my youngest, Jayden, is now off-and-running. We'll be having a party when she's potty trained.

Unfortunately, my mother's renal failure has worsened to the point where she needs kidney dialysis three times a week, so the added stress can be a bit much. However, the fact that we have her health insurance straightened out (knock on wood!) does make me feel much more at ease.

I also don't know if you got the news, but I lost my dad late last year, the one-year anniversary comes up October 16th.

Desert Rat
September 9th, 2012, 01:04
Rami,

sorry to hear of your loss and your continued worries, I wish you the best for your loved ones. I Hope Mrs Rami is doing well, maybe a fifth on the way soon, lol? :bump:

Glad your little ones are blooming, I can hardly believe my eldest is eight, time really flies by, seems like yesterday when the wife took the 'piddle stick' test.

Jamie

Rami
September 9th, 2012, 02:43
Jamie,

Thank you for the concern, my friend. Erica is fine, she is still working as a registered nurse, and she enjoyed having me home for much of the summer, playing dad, and taking care of anything broken in the house on her long project list she handed me the day the school year ended. (Here in the States, this is often referred to as the "honey-do list.")

By the way...if a fifth is on the way, she's got some explaining to do. I got snipped after the fourth one, so now I am "fishing without bait."

(Snickering....) The piddle-stick test? I'm going to remember that one.

Desert Rat
September 9th, 2012, 04:32
By the way...if a fifth is on the way, she's got some explaining to do. I got snipped after the fourth one, so now I am "fishing without bait."

You and me both me olé mucker. 4 is my limit too. 5th would prove very 'awkward' to say the least, lol.

As for 'honey-dos', knew that one, been round here long enough to pick it up along the way. We call them JFDI's. (just flipping do it (watered down version)).

Jamie

PS. If anyone is trying the Hampden, let me know any problems/requests. I'll need to brush up FSDS, but I'll work on the stuff I know about. Anyone know if Hewman100 is still around, he was a huge source of help on the old suitcase.

UncleTgt
September 9th, 2012, 05:48
:iidea: Hi Shessi,

I mean a Liberator MkII, not a Mk III

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_bombers/b24_5.html

"Liberator II was the designation assigned to a version of the Liberator ordered for the RAF in 1941 directly from the Consolidated production line rather than being diverted from USAAC production orders. It was designed specifically for British requirements and had no direct USAAF counterpart. 165 were ordered under RAF serials AL503/AL667, but only 140 were actually built. They served with three Coastal Command and two Bomber Command squadrons.
The RAF Liberator II differed from the previous Liberator I (which was basically a B-24A) primarily in having a three foot-longer nose section, increasing the length from 63 feet 9 inches . This stretched nose had been specified by Reuben Fleet very early in the Liberator's development when he described to the engineering team his gut feeling that the nose was too short. Fleet's instinct was correct--not only did the longer nose make the Liberator more aesthetically appealing, it also added extra room which was to become more important as more and more equipment had to be added. The Liberator II was the first version of the Liberator to be equipped with power turrets. The first installation was performed by the British in the field at English bases, when they installed two Boulton-Paul power turrets on a Liberator II. Each turret was armed with four Browning-Colt 0.303-inch machine guns. An E. Mk. II turret was installed in the tail and a A. Mk. IV turret was installed midway down the upper fuselage just aft of the wing. The top turret had 600 rounds, whereas the tail turret had a 2200-round capacity which was later increased to 2500 rounds. Only one of the Liberator IIs had its turret installed at San Diego--all the rest had their turrets added in England. In addition to the power turrets, 0.303-inch machine guns were mounted in pairs at each waist position. A single 0.303-inch machine gun was mounted in the nose and in the belly, bringing total armament to fourteen 0.303-inch machine guns.

In January of 1942, the Liberator II entered service with RAF Bomber Command. The Liberator II equipped Nos. 159 and 160 Squadrons, which became the first bomber units to operate this type of aircraft. They operated initially in the Middle East theatre of operations, but were later transferred to the CBI theatre. Liberator IIs later equipped No 148 and 178 Squadrons of RAF Bomber Command. They also equipped Coastal Command's No. 120 Squadron, supplementing that units Liberator Is in November of 1941. They remained for about a year until supplanted by later Liberator versions."

Definitely a different looking Liberator from the Alphasim & KM versions... which still paint up well as GRIII, GRV, GRVI;)

Rami
September 9th, 2012, 06:13
P.S. - If anyone is trying the Hampden, let me know any problems/requests. I'll need to brush up FSDS, but I'll work on the stuff I know about. Anyone know if Hewman100 is still around, he was a huge source of help on the old suitcase.

Jamie,

Yeah...hewman100 is still around, I got him to re-up his membership a couple of months back. I see him on Skype most evenings, I can alert him to this thread. My hunch is that he will be most enthused. :wiggle:

hewman100
September 9th, 2012, 12:12
Had a bit of chat with Rami, I'll help in whatever form I can. Mostly it'll be information gathering and/or testing. My modelling is alright but not really to the standard required.

Shessi
September 9th, 2012, 13:54
Gotcha UT,
I'd not realised that the MkIIs were basically MkIs (LB30Bs), still with non-turbo-ed 1830s (different props), but also with the 2' 6'' inserted section AND turrets. The B24D, which Alphasim and KM are, are MkIIIs, which basically added turbo-ed 1830s to the MkII spec.

Now that makes sense, shouldn't be a lot to add a nose section and turrets (he said casually...!! :0). Of the 140 MkIIs produced, 1 crashed, 75 diverted to the US AAC, the rest, 64, went to the RAF (Bomber and Coastal Command).

The RAF version has tail and upper turrets with 4x.303s, plus others...14 in total. The US version still retained the rear hand operated twin guns (as the MkIs), and has a twin gun Martin turret plus others (all being .50 cal)...8 in total.

So...nose section plus upper turret will make a US LB30/MkII, nose section plus tail and upper turrets will make an RAF LB30/MkII...phew!!! (Sorry if this has bored someone to tears...;)).

Thanks for the HU on that.

Cheers

Shessi

oldwheat
September 9th, 2012, 14:07
Gettin' back to the Brit bombers situation. It would be great if someone could run the tweaked source files thru Gmax for even better FRs.

Rami
September 10th, 2012, 13:55
Pstrany has also offered his assistance working on the model files. :jump:

oldwheat
September 10th, 2012, 14:01
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: !!

oldwheat
September 11th, 2012, 08:40
From what I'm reading here. J.D. & Shessi seem to have most of the bombers pretty much in hand for the most part. Is anyone doing anything with the Whitley? I see little sense in duplicating efforts, how about an update as to who is doing what.

Desert Rat
September 11th, 2012, 09:12
Hampden here, plus after that, maybe something else. Not sure yet, maybe learn GMax, lol. Do we have any GMaxers here? FSDS is my extent so far.

I will join in with others if required. I think I have the Wellington too, but that looks well in hand.

Jamie

Rami
September 11th, 2012, 09:29
Hey guys,

As long as the models are multi-lod, it makes no nevermind to me. Thanks for the effort on this, I promise I will use them! :ernae:

oldwheat
September 11th, 2012, 10:00
Is ennybuddy working on the Whitley? BTW: This 'wimpie' gets good FRs as is, just a thought.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=7069

Rami
September 11th, 2012, 10:12
Oldwheat,

Yeah...but the model isn't multi-lod (I don't think...) and it's not really player-flyable. I'd love to be able to use TC's model in missions.

misson
September 11th, 2012, 13:47
I do not know wich idea is. How to run a source in gmax when it is not a gmax file or obj. file or bgl etc. is FSDS. i have some lod resources in gmax , i can ofer it in x file, bgl , or mdl i do not how to addit to FSDS resource. But long time ago i ask it. sorry.

Desert Rat
September 11th, 2012, 14:13
Rami,

I am working on the Hampden, yes really, lol. I know I let you guys down with this, especially yourself. I had to redirect my focus in life for a while, I hope you can understand? Whilst I'll never probably be fully immersed in flightsim again, I hope to wade a bit deeper than I have.

I've (hopefully) solved the texture issue with LOD3 fuselage, applied breaking parts to that LOD. The Main LOD does have breaking parts. I'm currently redoing the lost animations on LOD 2 then will try breaking parts on that.

Jamie

misson
September 11th, 2012, 18:06
Thank you all, I will turn away from the forum to devote more time to other responsibilities. Itīs all okay.

Rami
September 11th, 2012, 18:54
Jamie,

Ye, of course I understand on the Hampden. With four kinds and an engrossing career, I'd be a fool if I didn't understand. I just want to make sure we treat the British with respect and get her some early-war bombers.

It's only fitting, considering we have a respectable fleet of American light and medium bombers.

On the "pipe dream" front, if someone wanted to provide a GMAX upgrade to the Martin Baltimore to improve framerates, and supply a nice 2d panel, that would make my day even better.

oldwheat
September 12th, 2012, 10:48
If the Alpha Wellington isn't multi-res, it certainly has me fooled ;). Of course, the TC version is also excellent & I suppose the option may exist to do breaking parts by someone in the know. BTW: I believe that Misson may have been offering to attempt porting over to Gmax & may have felt (unintentionally) snubbed. Sort of a lost in the translation thing.

Robert John
September 12th, 2012, 14:48
Hi all,
When converting any model be it scenery or aircraft as an example, still require a lot of skill and understanding of their respective programs. This requires knowlege of the programs being used and what is good for the game, also modeling skills and understanding nameing conventions of which I know very little.
There are lots of models out there that are done by people learning and has lots of errors in and that is including my own work.
I have tried to do tutorials on what can be done when it comes to fixing some models and making new from old, and the magazine which deals with lot of simple information, some times I also fill I do not get the feed back I would like, but when it comes, it come in unexpected ways.
Robert John

Jagdflieger
September 12th, 2012, 17:20
When I bought the AS Wellington, it came with an AI model that was pretty easy on frame rates. I don't know if that AI model was included in the freeware version or not.

Oldwheat did some good work on the AI textures to clear up the front and rear turret perspex conopies as well as some FM mods.

oldwheat
September 12th, 2012, 21:31
This is, in fact, the tweaked AI model which was indeed included with the freeware version. Just needed a little work with the transparencies.

tobob
September 13th, 2012, 04:23
On the "pipe dream" front, if someone wanted to provide a GMAX upgrade to the Martin Baltimore to improve framerates, and supply a nice 2d panel, that would make my day even better.

Is there a source for the Martin?

oldwheat
September 13th, 2012, 05:29
I presume that the Baltimore in question is Silvia's. It is the only one that I am aware of.

pstrany
September 13th, 2012, 10:42
Hi all;

are all the updates being taken care of? It would seem a shame for people to be duplicating efforts, especially if it means that some of these birds aren't getting the attention they deserve.

So who is working on what? Where is the rope slack, and where is it taught?

Paul

Desert Rat
September 13th, 2012, 13:02
Paul,

I have the Hampden from Ted (bar a couple of days off to recuperate from a nasty cold) underway again.

Also have Gramps/FDG2 B-17D source files in need of a Gmax user, I am unsure if Misson is willing, it sounded to me like he wasn't? I'm unsure the extent of the model as I haven't got Gmax 'onboard'. It may be Single LOD, it may not. All I remember Gramps saying was it either had no VC or the same VC as the later Forts they released (which would be pretty close to 'sweet').

The rest, unsure apart from what Shessi posted.

Jamie

Robert John
September 14th, 2012, 14:01
JDTinballs

I can use gmax but never built aircraft\ or compiled one but would like to know all the naming conventions and how to compile. building with gmax is the easy part.
RJ

pstrany
September 15th, 2012, 10:46
Hi all;

I would like to work on either the Wellington (preferably) or the Manchester. If anyone else is working on either or both of these or wants to claim them, I will certainly step aside (I have a few things going on on the side right now anyway.) All I would ask is the courtesy of letting me know. I work rather slowly (the "real" world demands a lot of my time) so don't expect results soon, but this is the kind of small project that I can get finished before my mind wanders on to something else.

Again, let me know, otherwise I will start tinkering with the Wellington.....

Thanks!

Paul

eddie
September 15th, 2012, 12:01
Paul, if you have the time, maybe you could go back and take a look at the "264"! She's beem waiting on you for a while,lol

pstrany
September 15th, 2012, 22:14
I've got a lot more than just the 264 hanging around. I figured as I got older I'd have less to do, but just the opposite has happened, the real world keeps demanding more and more of my time.

Until I get more time, I limit myself to small, easily completed projects.....

Paul

oldwheat
September 18th, 2012, 13:39
My PC has 'crashed & burned' again so I guess I am out of the running for this project. At least for now.

Desert Rat
September 19th, 2012, 12:27
RJ,

sorry, I have no idea regarding GMax naming conventions or how to compile a GMax model, can't help you there. Gramps gave me the model for that very same reason after I asked him for some advise about the very same project I started years ago, lol, the Hampden. I'll happily pass it on as my intended learning of the Max never happened. Just promise to put in the correct credits if you succeed. PM me. Milton is the man to ask re Gmax I guess.

I honestly have no idea to the status of the model, how far it is along, etc. If you do succeed promise you'll do a RAF Fort (mk.I?).

OW, hope you get squared away soon, major bummer.

I've finished the anims on LOD2, just setting up the breaking parts. This involves creating parent/child link between parts. I'd forgotten that that can cause parts to randomly move and/or rotate out of alignment. Huge pest and time consuming to sort.

I still do not have CFS2 working right, Can someone confirm the previous model works? And even better yet, FPS for single, large/small formations, etc.?

Jamie

Desert Rat
September 19th, 2012, 13:32
Hampden LOD's

LOD1 28867 poly

LOD2 13040 poly

LOD3 206 poly

LOD4 0 poly (no pic, planed 2 poly?)

Shadow model based on LOD2 hopefully, enough detail, but much less than main model.

Rami
September 19th, 2012, 15:43
Jamie,

That looks absolutely outstanding! Well done, I'm sure it will be worth the wait! :salute:

Rami
September 19th, 2012, 15:44
Oldwheat,

1) Yes, that Baltimore I was referring to was Silvia's model.

2) Regarding your computer crash, no worries. I still have the model source files if you need them.

SPman
September 19th, 2012, 18:34
We have a Baltimore - has anyone done a Maryland for any flight sim? Another plane used a lot in the desert war...

JapLance
September 19th, 2012, 22:37
We have a Baltimore - has anyone done a Maryland for any flight sim? Another plane used a lot in the desert war...

There is a beautiful Martin Maryland by Brunosk in the library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=6227

Desert Rat
September 20th, 2012, 12:32
Bit of a set-back. Should have remembered to do the breaking parts on LOD2 BEFORE the animations. Wrong way has screwed up the animations and they require re-doing, live and learn (again, lol) I suppose.

Jamie

Desert Rat
September 21st, 2012, 13:26
I'm still on this, and this time I will finish it. Redoing the anims. after moving the parts back in line.

After this version is done, mdl in a day or so pending any feedback? Need to look into dp, etc.

Plan on a version with flame dampers and another with torpedo set up. Will be adjusting Mortons texs to suit, he previously gave permissions, but that was so long ago, so if your still here mate, is it still okay?

Jamie

Rami
September 23rd, 2012, 09:53
Jamie,

I am really excited by this, and applaud your efforts. Maybe I can get a few people on board to help you with the .dp work. (One good friend in Iowa comes to mind...If it needs tweaking, he will come)

sc7500
September 23rd, 2012, 14:12
...One good friend in Iowa comes to mind...If it needs tweaking, he will come...

HEY ! volunteered way back on Page One..... Ready when YOU are ! lol :icon_lol:

SC

Desert Rat
September 25th, 2012, 13:03
Okay,basic model done. Here it is. Can someone help me out testing? Now It's done, I'm going to invest sometime getting CFS2 working so I can join in. All testing so far has been in ACM and FS9.

Ian Astill
September 25th, 2012, 13:49
Just had a quick go in Quick combat, 8 plane formation with complex weather and as many settings as possible maxed, was getting 30 FPS. (My pooter is very average and it's been on a while)

Overall a success already! Looking forward to having a proper go

Rami
September 26th, 2012, 13:01
Jamie,

The model is fine, She's getting excellent framerates now. I still think the airfile needs some tweaking, though.

hewman100
September 28th, 2012, 12:27
Have to agree, she's giving good frs even on my middling rig.
I'll have a shot at a .dp if you want. Which weapons are those preferred these days?

Desert Rat
September 30th, 2012, 09:48
The files that come with the original conversion would be a good starting point for dp and airfile, etc.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=145&sort=d

I cannot remember who did the airfile work. I'm not really the best person for that kind of work. The original airfile is contained in the file above, along with the tweaked CFS2 one.

As for dp, this version should not have a torpedo, I'll do a separate model for that hopefully. I did a model that showed up in dped (FS2000 or something*) I'll dig it out. Unless there is a newer version that shows proper CFS2 models? As for weapons, I'm WAY behind with that, I wouldn't know what is the accepted norm these days. Ged's weapons were the choice originally for early war Brit bombs (tan and sleek), late war (green and fatter), not sure anymore.

Jamie

*transplant in for dped work then take back out when done - 73399

Rami
September 30th, 2012, 12:04
Jamie,

Send a PM to sc7500 regarding the .dp loadout and weapons.

sc7500
September 30th, 2012, 12:42
Here ya go, kids - AIR / DP (With Mk XII Torpedo) / MDL / CFG File.

Drop it in and see how she flies !
SC

NOTE: I have corrected the DP file entry for the torpedo and forward gunner, and removed the [Floats] Contact points for use as a ground-based aircraft. The engine would not start in the original AIR configuration - now it does and flies fine.

sc7500
October 1st, 2012, 07:03
...Here ya go, kids - AIR / DP (With Mk XII Torpedo) / MDL / CFG File...

I inadvertantly downloaded and modified the WRONG AIRCRAFT from JD's link - Where can I find a link to the correct [and complete] Hampden ?

SC

gavinc
October 1st, 2012, 08:22
I inadvertantly downloaded and modified the WRONG AIRCRAFT from JD's link - Where can I find a link to the correct [and complete] Hampden ?

SC

Hi SC
The Hampden is the second airplane on the list, right below the Walrus. If you get to the Spitfire trainer then you have gone too far.

JD - I took your Multires model and dropped it in to the pack, it works pretty well in CFS2. There is one texture mapping issue which I saw, the crew uniforms aren't mapped to a texture although their faces are. I dropped the original model back in to verify and there is a uniform texture there.

Gavin

Desert Rat
October 1st, 2012, 10:59
Gavin,

the original textures are slightly different to the new mapping. I did attach them earlier in the thread, just one set though of my basic WIP version. I had deleted this attachment just before I put up the new model alone, forgot about the different mapping.

I'll work at getting a set knocked together.

Jamie

EDIT: 73440

steal the texs from this. unfinished but mapped right.

sc7500
October 1st, 2012, 13:11
Would this texture difference account for the Hamp causing a CTD with a memory mapping error ?

'Cause that's what happens when I attempt to load this plane for a test flight...

SC

oldwheat
October 28th, 2012, 08:20
How is this project progressing? I've found that FSDS will actually compile models again after upgrading my PC but all of my saved source files were lost in the shuffle ( I re installed FSDS & neglected to save the old source file folder :banghead:).

Desert Rat
October 28th, 2012, 10:22
OW,

not sure, I'm not getting anywhere getting CFS2 to work properly, mainly due to real life and school holidays, etc.

Is anyone else getting CTD's? No CTD's here.

I'm still using my old dp as I'm far behind the latest and greatest regarding weapons, etc. I need to wait until I have more time.

I was waiting for some more feedback, what needs sorted, etc. dp and airfile obviously. What is the standing at the momment for tail-wheel steering, AI need full castoring to land and stop correctly IIRC. This makes ground handling trickier. Differential brakes and/or throttle control for player. There is a gauge that throttles your engines automatically for you when using rudder on the ground for FS9, dunno if it'll work in CFS2 though.

Jamie

oldwheat
October 28th, 2012, 11:58
No CTDs with the Hampden on my rig so far. What is the progress on the other bombers- Whitley, Wellington & Manchester?

Desert Rat
October 28th, 2012, 12:53
OW,

at what state is your Hampden? Are you using original files as a basis? Have you applied the newer textures I attached (ie. is the internal textured?), are you using the original dp or SC's new one? He is reporting CTD and I presume he is using the new one.

I have no hand in the others, but would be willing to help once I get the decks cleared.

Jamie

Shessi
October 28th, 2012, 15:54
Hi Guys,
Yes, like Jamie, life takes over sometimes or a lot in my case over the past 18 months. They are being done, slowly but surely. Winter's here so hopefully have more time!

The Manchester's been sitting there for a long (:redf:) time, needs very little.

I've also done lots to the Welly, for the standard MkX and various Coastal Command versions.

I've not touched the Whitley MkV and VII, so please be my guest and 'fill yer boots' OW.

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
January 9th, 2013, 16:27
Shessi and others...

Not to poke the bear...but any movement here? I haven't lost interest in this, and anything I can do to help...:kilroy: :wavey: :wiggle: :bump:

Shessi
January 10th, 2013, 07:54
Hi Rami,
No...I haven't either.

TBH, life has calmed down somewhat, so will have more time for all things flight sim, no time-line promises.

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
March 16th, 2013, 11:07
Hey guys,

I'm beta-testing a new multi-lod Avro Manchester for Shessi, and I was just wondering if Nigel Richards, OBIO, or anyone else has covered this one.

Any info would be appreciated,

Jagdflieger
March 16th, 2013, 11:24
I wonder if the sound files for the Napier Sabre (also a 24 cylinder engine) would work? I think that the Sabre may have operated at a higher RPM (2850 v. 3800), so perhaps that's not the answer.

Rami
March 16th, 2013, 13:57
Good evening,

Making progress! I just sent Shessi the results from beta-tesing...still a bit of work to do, but it's getting close! :salute:

Shessi,

Regarding the second "bombs" pic, I would go with the "no bombs" model for release. Your other option is to grab your sitar and go Rolling Stones on it. (You should be able to figure that one out...)

Ian Astill
April 7th, 2013, 13:31
Anything I can do to help with this project?

Might be able to do a few paint jobs. Could also help with the admin stuff? Screenshots for uploads, descrips etc.

Great to see a project involving several members. Great work so far.

Rami
April 7th, 2013, 14:51
Ian,

Talk to Shessi and JD Tinballs. Asking to help and getting involved will keep the flame going for this project....we need some British bombers, specifically a Wellington, to do Bomber Command proud!

Maxstuka
April 7th, 2013, 16:37
the 1% B-17 has breaking parts. It is the most similar to stock microsoft models of cfs2 and the only with breaking parts that I see.

You need to reconfi the .dp to set enable the breaking parts.

The 1% lancaster is not a breaking parts.