PDA

View Full Version : Alabeo Waco for FsX service pack

Roger
September 6th, 2012, 07:06
A heads up from the P3D forum. Log in to your account at Alabeo and you will see the service pack there.

Improves:
Prop textures
Fuel pump sound
Pilot seat belt added
Gear contact points

Fixes:
-Night radios textures (I think this will be the Dx10 issue that Jan Visser had a problem with.)

Javis
September 6th, 2012, 08:11
Fixes:-Night radios textures (I think this will be the Dx10 issue that Jan Visser had a problem with.)

Indeed, Roger. I talked to Alabeo about it. Great service. :cool:

( i guess i must be the only DX10 Waco flyer here... With Steve Parsons shaders patch applied you'd never want to go back to DX9 again. You guys don't know what you missing!.. :rolleyes: )

bushpilot
September 6th, 2012, 11:23
I don't know what I'm missing, so do you have any info or link to the DX10 patch you mention?<label for="rb_iconid_7">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon7.png</label> I would be very eager to try it:jump:

Dain Arns
September 6th, 2012, 11:56
Steve Parsons has been posting these DX10 shaders over at AVSim.
Here is version 3.0: (I think you need to be logged in to see page)
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=DX10+Shader+Fixes+v2.0.1+by+ Steve+Parsons&CatID=root&Go=Search

Javis
September 6th, 2012, 16:41
Right Groucho, that's it. But on top of what is listed i got atleast an average of 10/15 fps more after i installed it !

I was already flabbergasted by how much more fps i got out of Bojote's fsx.cfg tweaks ( http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html ), plus using an external fps limiter, but with this DX10 patch on top of that i see no need anymore to use FS9 to fly complex airliners into large airports which used to be no fun at all in FSX.

With Steve Parsons DX10 patch you not only get a better looking FSX but get better fps on top of that. Who wouldn't want that ! :cool:

heywooood
September 6th, 2012, 16:47
Yes, that's it. But on top of what is listed i got atleast an average of 10/15 fps more after i installed it !

I was already flabbergasted by how much more fps i got out of Bojote's fsx.cfg tweaks ( http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html ), plus using an external fps limiter, but with this DX10 patch on top of that i see no need anymore to use FS9 to fly complex airliners into large airports which used to be no fun at all in FSX.

With Steve Parsons DX10 patch you not only get a better looking FSX but get better fps on top of that. How wouldn't what that ! :cool:

I use the external limiter and deleted the 'skidmark' effect from the texture file and got the FPS boost but...
with the Parsons Project, while you can run DX10 - you still have no AA or AF except pitiful in game setting?
and you still get the all white FS9 planes...correct?

BtW I logged into my Alabeo and found no Waco service pack...? is it for P3D only?

modelr
September 6th, 2012, 17:53
I use the external limiter and deleted the 'skidmark' effect from the texture file and got the FPS boost but...
with the Parsons Project, while you can run DX10 - you still have no AA or AF except pitiful in game setting?

BtW I logged into my Alabeo and found no Waco service pack...? is it for P3D only?

I just logged on and it was there.

Dain Arns
September 6th, 2012, 17:55

Yes, no AA.

I agree. I need my AA. :icon_lol:
Mr. Parson's shaders work very, very well, however DX10 Preview Mode is still not my cup of tea.
I actually still get 10-15fps less than I do with DX9 instead.

But to each his/her own.
Afterall, how FSX looks is an individual choice, you're the one sitting in front of the monitor for hours, what you want to see is your world to make.
So there are no wrong choices. :mixedsmi:

No, log into 'My Account', click on either 'My Products' or 'Updates & Patches', there should be links in blue.
'Updates & Packages' gives you the choices to download direct or send a download link to your email. :kilroy:

papab
September 6th, 2012, 18:52
Thanks for the heads up!
Rick

Javis
September 6th, 2012, 19:24
Yes, no AA. I agree. I need my AA. :icon_lol:
Mr. Parson's shaders work very, very well, however DX10 Preview Mode is still not my cup of tea.

Remarkable... Other way around here..

And AFAIK i do see AA at work in DX10 ( never used DX10 without Mr.Parsons patch ). FS9 port-over textures indeed do not show up but i see no reason to use port-overs what with the truckload of superb native FSX models to choose from.

I reinstalled FS9 specifically to fly modern airliners ( CS, PMDG,QW ), a real treat when it comes to fps, but it's not needed anymore. As far as i'm concerned i'm flying FSXI now afterall... Who needs MS ! :cool:

Btw, to stay on topic, i just taxiïd the Waco around at my homebase (UK2K EGAA, i use UT2 for traffic ) in DX9 with average 30/35 fps. Changed to patched DX10 and get average 45/50 fps ( VC ) Radio textures are fine now ! :applause:

heywooood
September 6th, 2012, 20:14
Yes, no AA.

I agree. I need my AA. :icon_lol:

But to each his/her own.
Afterall, how FSX looks is an individual choice, you're the one sitting in front of the monitor for hours, what you want to see is your world to make.
So there are no wrong choices. :mixedsmi:

No, log into 'My Account', click on either 'My Products' or 'Updates & Patches', there should be links in blue.
'Updates & Packages' gives you the choices to download direct or send a download link to your email. :kilroy:

thank you Dain - I was logged into my account - I just couldn't see where to D/L the service pack...I have it installed now and it is an improvement for me..
I still have a slight render lag in the VC when switching views - but it is not as pronounced as it was...
uncharacteristic problem for me with ANY Alabeo/Carenado plane but its not a deal breaker given the absolute work of art that this Waco is

bushpilot
September 6th, 2012, 22:08
Thanks for the input guys re the DX10 patch. Tried it, but it's not for me. Didn't notice any improvements in FPS, got horrible jaggies (AA is not working for me) and I think the DX9 waves look better. It was worth a shot though:salute:

dvj
September 7th, 2012, 07:28

You have to go to your account page. There is no listing of the SP on the main page.

heywooood
September 7th, 2012, 16:48
thanks dvj - I did finally get the patch - I blame my Canadian-ness for not figuring it out faster - stupid Labatts

heywooood
September 8th, 2012, 08:13
dunno if anyone here has tried this - from the Avsim FSX forum board
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_images/master/snapback.png (http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2413696)BIGSKY, on 07 July 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:
Be aware of this issue,
It's fx_skidmark.fx, located inside the main FSX effects folder.
A file called skidmark cant be any good when it isn't actually providing any visible effects.

Trashed it and now, no more fps drops, with hardbraking, on dry or wet runways.
Problem solved, for me at least.
If you feel you have no need for skidmarks(are they actually rendered?) , and are experiencing this problem as well, by all means get rid of the file. See if it helps you.BIGSKY

Heywooood : Removing the skidmark file, combined with the usage of the external FPS limiter, brought me FSX smoothness at last.
I cannot stress this enough - SMOOTHNESS - like I have with Rise of Flight..absolutely ZERO chop now (except for ATC caused - when will we ever find a cure for that?)
stable FPS at 28-30 virtually everywhere with virtually every 3D model...seriously :Heywooood
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the main FSX folder - in the Effects folder - copy and save elsewhere - then delete from the Effects folder this "fx_skidmark.fx" file

once done - you might notice drastically smoother panning in all views in FSX...especially if you noticed some stickiness in the camera pan while taxiing or taking off / landing

this effect file - as BIGSKY said - doesn't seem to render anything! it just causes these stutters - once removed you should be able to pan around without ANY lag or stutter
- keep in mind - the more AI you use, the more you will notice improvement as (I believe) this effect is activated by ALL aircraft, not just the users aircraft.

make sure you save the effect somewhere (desktop) while you test FSX without it

Killbilly
September 8th, 2012, 08:36
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try this out as I've always had just a bit of stutter while panning on the ground.

I bet, though, that if you looked really close at the pilots' underpants in all your AI planes after some of the landings I've seen AI pull, you'd see what the skidmark.fx file renders. :kilroy:

heywooood
September 8th, 2012, 08:43
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try this out as I've always had just a bit of stutter while panning on the ground.

I bet, though, that if you looked really close at the pilots' underpants in all your AI planes after some of the landings I've seen AI pull, you'd see what the skidmark.fx file renders. :kilroy:

I wondered who would go there and exactly how - congratulations lol - you didnt disappoint lol

imn2sims
September 9th, 2012, 10:23
I'm a little confused. is the service pack just for P 3 D or do I needed for FSX also?

Steve

heywooood
September 9th, 2012, 12:27
I'm a little confused. is the service pack just for P 3 D or do I needed for FSX also?

Steve

its for both - just download and run the installer - it slightly improves performance and corrects the spin prop animation for FSX and corrects a vc night lighting issue for P3D

Roger
September 9th, 2012, 12:46
its for both - just download and run the installer - it slightly improves performance and corrects the spin prop animation for FSX and corrects a vc night lighting issue for P3D

That vc night lighting (radios) issue also exists in FsX Dx10 so it's a must if you run FsX in Dx10.

imn2sims
September 9th, 2012, 13:01
OK, Thanks guys! Appreciate the help.

Steve