PDA

View Full Version : Any PAL's out there?

Dexdoggy
September 5th, 2012, 14:35
Pilot Activated Lighting :icon_lol: that it!

I note from real-world charts over here in Oz that many fields have night lighting activated by a radio frequency. Just wondered if this have ever been done in FSX by anyone (freeware or payware) and if it is to do with the plane or the airfield?
I remember having some scenery in FS2002 that had some hangers that doors opened when activating a particular frequency.

Had a funny experience a while back, camping at Narromine (in NSW; the park is right next to the airfield!). We were set up right next to the beacon tower, which suddenly activated at about 2am (as did the runway lights) with a plane coming in! it was like "war of the worlds" with that big light swinging around high above our heads! :isadizzy:

falcon409
September 5th, 2012, 14:42
Yea, I think a lot of smaller airports are like that. The rwy lights go down after a certain time at night. If you are landing, you tune to a certain frequency, key the mic and the lights come back up for a set period of time. It would be cool if that had been incorporated into FSX, but I've never heard of it being available.

Lionheart
September 5th, 2012, 15:06
Pilot Activated Lighting :icon_lol: that it!

I note from real-world charts over here in Oz that many fields have night lighting activated by a radio frequency. Just wondered if this have ever been done in FSX by anyone (freeware or payware) and if it is to do with the plane or the airfield?
I remember having some scenery in FS2002 that had some hangers that doors opened when activating a particular frequency.

Had a funny experience a while back, camping at Narromine (in NSW; the park is right next to the airfield!). We were set up right next to the beacon tower, which suddenly activated at about 2am (as did the runway lights) with a plane coming in! it was like "war of the worlds" with that big light swinging around high above our heads! :isadizzy:

That sounds like it would have been pretty far out, lol.. One of my fave movies.

Meshman
September 5th, 2012, 17:02
It would be cool if that had been incorporated into FSX, but I've never heard of it being available.

Another "one of those things" that never made it into the game or SDKs. But.... there is a thread at the OZx forums about someone who got PAL working on a FSX-specific file. Didn't see anything specific as pertains to how or why.