PDA

View Full Version : AI Program

hey_moe
January 1st, 2009, 05:14
Is there such a program for Vista 32 or 64 that all ya have to do is drag and drop the the AI into a folder and it work?:isadizzy:

Lionheart
January 1st, 2009, 05:35
eeeks... That would be nice..

I learned how to just write it in TXT docs and compile them in TTools, it only takes several min's to get planes on a ramp, running.

Sure would be nice to have a program that could do this though with such simplicity. Usually, I have found that they have snags that they run into, like time zones, etc, that cause them to not show up, etc... Thats when I decided to learn to just write them and compile them manually.

Bill

modelr
January 1st, 2009, 05:57
Marcus Bruner's GA-Traffic is only one I know of, but the FSX version still very buggy. Doesn't recognize altered airports, yet, a few ctd's noted in forum, and other problems. Don't know if it's for Vista yet.

He was working on a military version for FS-9, but never finished it, that I know of.

hey_moe
January 1st, 2009, 05:59
Well as many brains we have in here would be nice if one could create one for us old farts....lol....where da button at:costumes:

Brian_Gladden
January 1st, 2009, 06:57
I "fooled" GA traffic to work in FSX.

First, I created a folder in FSX called aircraft (Just like it was in FS 9) then I move all the planes I want to become AI into it from the sim objects/airplanes folder.

The I start GA traffic, point it at FSX and turn it loose.

Once the GA-Traffic.bgl is compiled, I then re run it through Peter van der Veen's AIFPC to get it into the FSX format. Move the planes back to the Simobjects/airplanes folder and...

Volia! Traffic all over the place.

Brian

Lionheart
January 1st, 2009, 10:30
Thats interesting Brian.

Compile in FS9, convert, install into FSX.

I had heard that FS9 AI traffic BGL's can be dropped in 'FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery or in custom Addon Scenery folders, such as 'FSX/Addon Scenery/Hey Moe/scenery'

Supposedly this keeps from crashing (stopping/neutralizing) the FSX stock AI traffic.

A big time program creator / programmer is Jon Masterson. He could possibly create the worlds most simple AI creator for FSX.

Bill

Warrant
January 1st, 2009, 10:35
I "fooled" GA traffic to work in FSX.

First, I created a folder in FSX called aircraft (Just like it was in FS 9) then I move all the planes I want to become AI into it from the sim objects/airplanes folder.

The I start GA traffic, point it at FSX and turn it loose.

Once the GA-Traffic.bgl is compiled, I then re run it through Peter van der Veen's AIFPC to get it into the FSX format. Move the planes back to the Simobjects/airplanes folder and...

Volia! Traffic all over the place.

Brian

Interresting. Were can i get those tools?
And while we are at it, i'm a complete AI creation virgin in FSX.
Is it possible you can provide a step by step guidance manual how to create this AI stuff?

It would be much appreciated.

hey_moe
January 1st, 2009, 12:37
Me and you are on the same track.....would be nice to see a write up on the subject...Mike
Interresting. Were can i get those tools?
And while we are at it, i'm a complete AI creation virgin in FSX.
Is it possible you can provide a step by step guidance manual how to create this AI stuff?

It would be much appreciated.

Bjoern
January 1st, 2009, 12:41
Marcus Bruner's GA-Traffic is only one I know of, but the FSX version still very buggy. Doesn't recognize altered airports, yet, a few ctd's noted in forum, and other problems. Don't know if it's for Vista yet.

GA-Traffic for FSX needs years to create and compile its traffic file, but works without a hitch for me.

Recommendation: Old Mike Stone aircraft and of course the Klaus Brosemann/Mal Lloyd AI models plus GA-Traffic. Makes for pretty busy airports.

- Edit: My GA-Traffic.bgl is about 260MBytes in size...:isadizzy:

Cactuskid
January 1st, 2009, 18:38
Thats interesting Brian.

Compile in FS9, convert, install into FSX.

I had heard that FS9 AI traffic BGL's can be dropped in 'FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery or in custom Addon Scenery folders, such as 'FSX/Addon Scenery/Hey Moe/scenery'

Supposedly this keeps from crashing (stopping/neutralizing) the FSX stock AI traffic.

That's what I do when I install WoAI and MAIW military traffic in FSX. By default, MAIW installs the AI into a folder called "aircraft" and the traffic BGL's into scenery/world/scenery. I have separate folders in add-on scenery for civilian AI and military AI, ie: add-on scenery/military AI/scenery. This is where the converted BGL's go, and then I delete the original FS9 traffic BGL's from scenery/world/scenery. I keep all the AI aircraft files in a separate AI folder in SimObjects. You just have to make sure that your fsx.cfg directs them there. However, this does not keep the add-on AI from bumping the default AI, but who cares about World Travel Airlines anyway? :icon_lol:

falcon409
January 1st, 2009, 20:23
eeeks... That would be nice..
I learned how to just write it in TXT docs and compile them in TTools, it only takes several min's to get planes on a ramp, running. . . . . .
Bill
Yep, I populated Allen AAF in Alaska with Vintage hangars and other eye candy and then, thanks to Bill's tutorials on AI traffic, I've been able to fill that base with F-16's, F-15's, T-37's and GA traffic and then sit back and watch them play nice, lol. Never thought I would ever get close to doing AI for myself, but to date, I've populated about six different airports with everything from Ultralights to Front Line Fighters and they actually take off, do TNG's, fly to other airports, land, shut down and then at a prescribed time, do it all over again. Thanks Bill.:ernae: