PDA

View Full Version : FSX F4U...?

jp
September 3rd, 2012, 15:00
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knew if there were any developers who were considering doing an F4U corsair, and making it a little more in depth than the Aircraft Factory Corsair? I was looking for a good one today, and there did not seem to be too many other options.

Thanks

oakfloor
September 3rd, 2012, 15:19
No were stuck with the A2A old model, and there not building anymore soon as it looks like there going to finish off there '51H, F4, F-104? and make light planes now. Razbam had some late model F4U's..save your $. I would love a late model F4U, of A2A caliber, they were great performers.

jeansy
September 3rd, 2012, 17:11
No were stuck with the A2A old model, and there not building anymore soon as it looks like there going to finish off there '51H, F4, F-104? and make light planes now. Razbam had some late model F4U's..save your $. I would love a late model F4U, of A2A caliber, they were great performers.

+1 for the A2A release

fliger747
September 3rd, 2012, 18:48
The good news about the A2A F4U 1A was that it was a Milviz plane, and various factors after this marketing experience helped launchMilviz into his current mode of supplying complete aircraft to FSX. I did the original FDE for this aircraft, which for unknown reasons A2A decided to replace with an AirWrench one. Mine is posted somewhere here at the Raus Haus, you can make your own decisions, all I will say is that I probably made 500 arrested landings in it's development and you need to use the proper trim settings per USN procedures....

I think as a pure Milviz plane it would have seen a further development. Having done FDE's for the Birdcage, the -1A, 1D, -4,5N and who knows how many variations of the R2800, the Corsaitr remains one of my favorite birds.

Tom

AckAck
September 3rd, 2012, 18:52
RAZBAM had F4Us? I knew they had Corsairs, but as far as I knew, they were all Corsair II A-7s

fliger747
September 3rd, 2012, 19:12
Be nice to have a new F4U!

T

Warhawk1130
September 4th, 2012, 00:21
Actually...Pendercrafts is still in work on the F4U...only 1 person working on it this past 18 months. Will be released for FS9 first, then the FSX build starts. Still some time away from it, but still in work.

fliger747
September 4th, 2012, 10:30
Glad to hear that one is still in the works. I think the flight dynamics on that one should be amongst the best I have done, would really like to see it come to fruition. It is a nice plane!

At least with the sim series being stable rather than dead or moving too fast, it encourages long term development.

T

Prowler1111
September 4th, 2012, 10:44
RAZBAM had F4Us? I knew they had Corsairs, but as far as I knew, they were all Corsair II A-7s

Indeed a Korean era F4U, will eventually happen, itīs a fav of mine!

Prowler

Phantom88
September 4th, 2012, 11:55
That's fantastic News:jump:

Bomber_12th
September 4th, 2012, 14:41
I've been really looking forward to the chance to see a RAZBAM F4U-4 or 5, ever since learning about the company's interest in doing so, and I really hope it happens!

fliger747
September 4th, 2012, 19:36
Yes, the later marks, uch as the -5 and 5N with the unique sidwinder supercharger are technically quite interesting! Did a lot of racing with the AH ones!

T

fsxar177
September 4th, 2012, 20:50
The fact that fliger did a fd for the AF bird, means I'm probably going to go get it....while we wait for the next one!

Thanks for that tid-bit...

Where can I find your file fliger?

Joseph

napamule
September 5th, 2012, 11:27
Joseph,
Here is shortcut: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=8&id=11254 . It is in 'FS2004 AddOns/Other'. So it might not 'fly' (as is) in FSX (ie:need under (General) the line 'Category=Airplane').
Chuck B
Napamule

fliger747
September 5th, 2012, 11:30
Should be here at the Out House, but I will need to check as we had a big reload a short while ago. Mine won't have any of the skins referenced in the Cfg file (since it was the original Milviz plane) so you will have to add them. If the file is not there I will re post it

T

fliger747
September 5th, 2012, 11:42
I did some Flight Dynamics for other FS9 Corsairs, so will need to check if it is the right one.

T

fliger747
September 5th, 2012, 11:43
That file is for the FDG2 (Gramps 'nCo) F4U4

T

fliger747
September 5th, 2012, 11:50
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=4&sort=h&page=3&pp=20

Try this page, it is on page 3 of the FSX other. Note that this was developed in acceleration.

T

sparouty
September 5th, 2012, 11:57
Indeed a Korean era F4U, will eventually happen, itīs a fav of mine!

Prowler

Yeees!! a full FSX AU-1 should be a really good news!
... Of course a French Navy paint scheme would be highly appreciated....
regards

S.