PDA

View Full Version : For German-based members...

ndicki
January 1st, 2009, 04:52
A couple of days ago, I picked up IL2 1946 (the complete 2 DVD version) in Real, in the Roland Center, Bremen, for 10 Euros. It was in the cheap games area - lots of copies of it, not just one. Somehow, I think that must have been a mistake, but it bears checking out for those who might be interested. And whether Real all over Germany is making the same mistake... :mixedsmi:

ndicki
January 1st, 2009, 05:34
I've been checking - same price at Amazon. Not a mistake.

So why is it so cheap?

Nausicaa
January 1st, 2009, 05:41
Yes, they are shelling it out. Guess is it's an old game, like CFS3 ;) Turn your head in the shop and you'll see the youth standing in front of Warhammer Online, GTA4 and the similar.
But really, IL2 is the past. It's from 2002 for heaven's sake, that's dinosaur time for the 18 year olds. That is why Oleg works all hands on SoW:BoB....he doesn't even have the time anymore to finish the 4.09 beta patch.

ndicki
January 2nd, 2009, 01:44
Well, all the better for the rest of us... I honestly don't want to have to go to all the trouble of learning yet another new game system!

miamieagle
January 2nd, 2009, 10:05
It really does not matter that much at this time since through the kindness of our Sim developers and new patches they have kept the old Sims update with improvments all the time.

This does not mean we do not want a new Sim that would include a World map and with all the Theaters of World war two but I believe we can wait until they do it right!:running:

Mithrin
January 2nd, 2009, 16:26
This is the time to get IL-2 1946, combine it with the AAA Unified installer and you have a wicked game!:friday:

ndicki
January 3rd, 2009, 10:35
Which is what I've done. :ernae: But at the risk of upsetting some of the crowd, there are a lot of features from CFS3 I miss. But it does go to show what IL-2 could be, if it had been open from the word go.

Nausicaa
January 3rd, 2009, 11:03
Actually, the current mods are rather lame. And IL2 suffers from it's online stability being seriously harmed, because online is where it really shines. It never has been a true offline sim.

Dutch_P47M
January 3rd, 2009, 12:16
In may 2007 I got IL-1946 for 12,50 euro and Blazing Angels2 for 6euro 1year ago and I think its the right price. Exception for FSX, but a flysim is not popular here, why:
I think is because of the outdated "comicbook" graphics, facing a nearly reallife shooter or action game nowadays make the squary plane looks outdated.
Noting wrong about it, in my old mans opinion, still playing flysims, but its not according my sons perspective. Flysims must improve the graphics or introduce realistic feelings like Wii or lowering the price, if they want to go for the sales.
So lets be fair, buying a game with a outdated graphic for 50,-- euro that is ????.

ndicki
January 4th, 2009, 02:22
Actually, the current mods are rather lame. And IL2 suffers from it's online stability being seriously harmed, because online is where it really shines. It never has been a true offline sim.

You have a valid point there!

As for "True offline sim", one of the things I'd miss if I got into it as far as I have with CFS3 is the fact that you can't write "strategic" missions - take off in Lincolnshire, fly over the North Sea, down the Danish Coast, past Hamburg, etc, etc.

But the Mission Builder itself is far, far better than the CFS3 hit-or-miss joke afterthought.

Nausicaa
January 4th, 2009, 10:26
Well you can write strategic missions. It just doesn't offer the big european map, like CFS3. But depending on theater, you find very good maps. For offline players, the Lowengrin campaign rewrites are a must. They are interactive, one mission outcome will affect the next one etc.
www.lowengrin.com