PDA

View Full Version : Gmax landing gear animation grimlins.

Allen
September 2nd, 2012, 22:06
I have animation grimlins that I don't get.

My Zero right gear won't work when I add a LOD to the model. It like something gets confused and it doesn’t get animated. The strange thing is that this gremlin will sometimes quit messing up the gear so it will work but stop the tail hook from working.

Of course I'm not sure if this is a Gmax issue since I have to use the FS2004 exporter than MDLC MDL Converter it to CFS2. Is this a case of something lost in conversion and if it is can I get this gremlin to stay on the tail hook or a dummy spoiler animation?

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 05:12
Could it be that the gear is not animated in one LOD but is in another? Does this happen only at certain distances?

Also, gmax/makemdl does not like duplicate names. Verify that the names are different in the LODs.

Verify that the animation works in each LOD.

Or, send me the gmax source I will offer another set of eyes for you.

Allen
September 3rd, 2012, 09:00
All distances have the same bug and all names are different.

hairyspin
September 3rd, 2012, 09:41
:kilroy: No offence Allen, but I'd use private message or email to keep your work in the hands of those you want to have it, not anyone who might like a free copy. Thanks for the download, btw... :icon_lol:

Allen
September 3rd, 2012, 11:18
No texture and the model is well... copyright of MS. It is a convert of the MS Zeros.

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 12:15
All distances have the same bug and all names are different.

Got it. I'll check it out right away and get back to you.

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 13:01
Three things I see that "may" be the cause.

The most likely is the error message I get when trying to export either of the LODs.
This error is experienced by everyone it seems, sooner or later, and will render a part animation broken.

Google/Bing the attached error message and see FSDeveloper's responses.

One of the right gear LOD parts does not have a "Position" key in keyframe 100. That may be an issue. Just add the key along with the Rotation key and re-animate.

Same issue with one of the tail hooks.

Allen
September 3rd, 2012, 13:40
The think is the tailhook works just fine but the right gear don't. Before I added LOD 25 the right landing gear was working but the tail hook wasn't.

I've fixed the OBED Scaling Error but still no go. I'm attaching a screen with the working tailhook but no right gear and OBED Scaling Error fixed Gmax.

Also making sure that "Position" key in keyframe 100 for the right gear and tailhook didn't work...

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 15:31
The think is the tailhook works just fine but the right gear don't. Before I added LOD 25 the right landing gear was working but the tail hook wasn't.

I've fixed the OBED Scaling Error but still no go. I'm attaching a screen with the working tailhook but no right gear and OBED Scaling Error fixed Gmax.

Also making sure that "Position" key in keyframe 100 for the right gear and tailhook didn't work...

Okay, will look at it again.

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 16:51
Allen,

No joy here.

I found one part with lots of isolated vertices.

I was able to export all except when these parts were present.
I could not export with these parts included, and could not export them individually.

I couldn't nail the export issue but seems related to these parts.

I could see no issue with the right gear individually.

Allen
September 3rd, 2012, 16:59
The isolated vertices are from were I boolgen cut parts. When I get CFS2 models into Gmax the wings are attched to the fuse along with the engine aft fuse and tail.

I'm abe to export the whole thing fine using the FS2004 makemdl from with in Gmax.

Wait a Min...

I removed the interior and this seem to be working fine. The interior has a number of Box, Box01 etc. I used the same interior as I made for the Rufe that had no landing gear could Box, Box01 etc. be behind this?

Allen
September 3rd, 2012, 20:56
I got it working. Adding all of the landing gears and tailhook to the interior fixed it.

Here it is being a A6M3 Model 32 thanks to a Alpha layer.

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 21:52
That's great Allen. Happy you got it sorted out.