PDA

View Full Version : P3D Shade and REX

sketchy
September 2nd, 2012, 17:52
Hello,
I was looking through the threads to see if there was a suggestion for this, I could not see one so apologies if there is and I missed it.

If I already have REX and Shade installed for FSX, is there a way to point P3D towards these installations or do I have to do a dedicated install? I know you can point P3D towards FSX scenery and have done so without a problem, I was just curious as to whether it was not required to install these two packages again.

Less than a week into P3D ownership, I waited until 1.4 was released, from what I can see I am not sure I am getting the greatly improved performance that I built up in my mind after reading everyone's posts about it, but eager to give it a go.

Thanks in advance for any advice on my question.

Cheers,
Sketchy,

VCN-1
September 3rd, 2012, 05:02
The updated REX has a dedicated P3D installer.

Shade does not seem to function in P3D, at least I can't get it to work.

VCN-1

sketchy
September 4th, 2012, 21:16
Hi VCN 1,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your help. I shall go and get the new download for REX.

On a few more flights I am enjoying P3D, but really missing that REX Environment!

Thanks again for your help,

Cheers,

Sketchy

level 7
September 8th, 2012, 07:29
with regards to REX, upgrade to REX Essentials
once installed, you will have the option to purchase a key for $5
make sure to associate it with a user name that you will remember so that when you reinstall, it will remember that you had purchased a REX key
if you're running a dual setup FSX/P3D, then install the textures into FSX then change the directory to your P3D directory and then install the textures again