PDA

View Full Version : I jumped out of a plane at 13,000ft

blazefox2
September 2nd, 2012, 16:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slt2wlg7JK8&list=UUdiXdq6hBaDHcbyhHkrGeHw&index=1&feature=plcp

it was one of the most exhilerating experiences of my life and cant wait to do it again!

stiz
September 2nd, 2012, 19:20
tut tut jumping out of a perfectly good airplane! :icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
September 2nd, 2012, 20:11
Was it a bit chilly up there in your short sleeve T Shirt?

luckydog
September 2nd, 2012, 21:17
Way to go, Blaze !!! Congratulations !!!

I started sky-diving back in '69 when parachutes were round and sex was safe. It's been a major part of my life ever since.

Once I get out of cardiac re-hab ( triple by-pass ) I'll be investing in paragliding.......
cost of equipment is about the same ( 6-7 grand ) but you can stay up there a lot longer....
hangin' in the harness, listening to the "silk" flutter and whisper "sweet nothings" in your ear.....working your way UP to cloud base.
Sky-diving's a blast, but expensive for time spent in the air.
Check out paragliding.

LD

PeteHam
September 2nd, 2012, 22:30
Crazy .... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

But from the look on you face you had fun.

Paragliding is the only way I'd ever get under an open canopy .... open before I left the ground :icon_lol:

Pete.

kilo delta
September 3rd, 2012, 05:09
I used to do some back in the 90's (pre kids and marriage) along with bungee jumping. I want to do it again but my doc won't sign me off as fit. :(
It really is a wonderful,peaceful feeling hanging in the air under the chute.

Marine0326
September 3rd, 2012, 07:33
OooRaahh!!

Congrats on your first jump. Nothing more exciting than jumping out of a perfectly good plane.:engel016: I got my jump wings in '80, and HALO/HAHO in '82. The view at 32,000 is something else. Taking almost all day (it seems) to land, is not for everybody.

If you can, depending on your MOS, try to get your "wings".

Semper Fi

RD

beana51
September 3rd, 2012, 14:50
Great!..congratulations!...Three times,in three years, I was suited up ,ready to go,But local weather put the Kabosh on it....now at 80,I was again making arraignments..Hell If Old Former Pres. Bush could do it??..so Will I...If I survive?..why I'll let ya know!!<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>