PDA

View Full Version : A/T-37 Question

falcon409
September 2nd, 2012, 07:32
This gets into a probably very small segment of flyers, but if anyone has the A/T-37 done by I. D'Attomo & G. Quai, I have done some extensive work on both liveries as well as a completely redone VC. All external textures as well as the main VC panel are 4096x4096 and all textures are saved as "dds-DXT5". If there is enough interest, I'll post the work for download. Also a word to rivet counters, the liveries are probably not 100% accurate, but neither is the modeling, so if accuracy is your "thing", you'll probably want to pass on this. All others, if you can take a few minutes to post your thoughts, please do so.

jojohnson9
September 2nd, 2012, 08:15
I will love it. Never have gotten my old payware to work in FSX.

falcon409
September 2nd, 2012, 08:43
I will love it. Never have gotten my old payware to work in FSX.
Yea, that's why I jumped at this one when I saw it posted on flightsim.com. I got tired of messing with gauges that didn't work correctly and even getting it to start was a hassle. It was a great model for FS9, highly accurate, but coded and built in such a way that gauges couldn't be swapped out and systems didn't work correctly. This freeware version is a good "diversion version", lol. There is supposed to be someone working on a payware "37", but I haven't seen anything and am pretty certain that's it's not set for release anytime this year, lol (or next).

I'm still tweaking a few little things and I'm going to let this thread run for a while, but if the response isn't there, I'll still zip up what I have and send you a copy. Probably in the next week or so. Thanks for responding.:salute:

Here's the download link for the base aircraft: fsx_cessna_t-37dragonfly.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?108-Copyright&fid=161261)

Daveroo
September 2nd, 2012, 09:13
personally,i dont care what the outside looks like as far as rivit counting goes,as i only fly from the VC( i personally cant see any reason to fly from an outside view in a simulator,if you want to "watch your plane",fly an arcade game)but i like a good VC,but it doesnt have to be perfect,or superduper detailed,,,gauges that work,and im happy,it can be sorta cartoonish even,please,ive downloaded the dragonfly and id like your upgrade..thanks

italoc
September 2nd, 2012, 12:21
personally,i dont care what the outside looks like as far as rivit counting goes,as i only fly from the VC( i personally cant see any reason to fly from an outside view in a simulator,if you want to "watch your plane",fly an arcade game)but i like a good VC,but it doesnt have to be perfect,or superduper detailed,,,gauges that work,and im happy,it can be sorta cartoonish even,please,ive downloaded the dragonfly and id like your upgrade..thanks

+1
Italo

SabreAce
September 2nd, 2012, 12:25
Looks great to me, Falcon. Please do upload your work.

modelr
September 2nd, 2012, 14:33
I will be on the list of those wanting this, falcon. :wavey:

norab
September 2nd, 2012, 16:31
would love your repaints falcon, banged my head up against a wall trying to repaint this for FS 9 years ago. looking forward to your paints:jump:

falcon409
September 2nd, 2012, 17:04
would love your repaints falcon, banged my head up against a wall trying to repaint this for FS 9 years ago. looking forward to your paints:jump:
Never tried the FS9 version because I had the payware T-37. This is supposedly an updated version of that by the original designers. Repainting it seemed fairly straight forward so they apparently also updated the texturing as well.:salute:

falcon409
September 2nd, 2012, 17:15
Ok, surprise, surprise. . .here's the download link:
https://www.box.com/s/m1gg3kyn36rjbbuaxiyd

Please be sure to read the readme for installation instructions. Enjoy!!:salute: Also, if you spot any glaring mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them if I can.

Daveroo
September 2nd, 2012, 17:18
thanks much

SabreAce
September 3rd, 2012, 05:48
Thanks, Falcon. I'll be getting these once the family cookout's done today.

norab
September 3rd, 2012, 06:31
many thanks:applause:

falcon409
September 3rd, 2012, 07:17
Just let me know if you find anything that needs to be corrected with the mods I did. Can't do anything about the modeling or FDE, lol, but most anything else I can probably make an effort to fix. The zipfile has also been uploaded here at SOH, so I'm sure Rami will get it posted as soon as he is able.:salute:

sbp
September 3rd, 2012, 09:10
Falcon,

count me in.....Thank you for all the work you've done on this warbird!! Another long awaited SEA aircraft properly modeled......:salute:

sbp

falcon409
September 3rd, 2012, 09:32
Rami has posted the zipfile to the SOH Downloads area, just click on "New" to locate it right now. The separate link in the post above is also still good.:salute:

norab
September 4th, 2012, 08:02
Thanks again Falcon, here is your paint in Prepar3D

Naismith
September 4th, 2012, 13:05
Good to have this back - sort of, I too have the payware one that no longer works. :-(