PDA

View Full Version : Aero Commanders - Portovers

Milton Shupe
September 2nd, 2012, 04:53
John Hubbard asked if there were FSX versions of the Aero Commander series (526, 560A(HC), 680S, and 500's).

We have not done that but I do run these models as port-overs in FSX.

Well, I uploaded these for John and thought that before I took them down, I would offer them to anyone here who do not mind running these old freeware portovers.

There are both cargo and passenger models included, and the paint schemes that I have active. Some of the paint schemes are original package and many are contributed by other great artists.

There are more than 100 repaints of these aircraft that can be found at major sites, and there are FSX packages also available at Com-Central for members.

I'll keep these links available until interest wanes.
Here are my copies of the FSX portovers:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac520v3.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500w.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500sv.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500ca1.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac680v3.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip

Download and unzip; drop the folders into FSX.

Milton Shupe

modelr
September 2nd, 2012, 05:38
Wow, thanks Milton. :salute:

bushpilot
September 2nd, 2012, 05:47
Much appreciated:salute: Flew the heck out of the dirty Land's End Cargo variant, back when I was still in fs9-land.

snow_white
September 2nd, 2012, 05:57
thank you Milton. O boy these planes bring back memories..!

Oh how I wish for that old dirty one with really nice 3D brand new FSX VC panel..!

o man I loved these planes. busy downloading them all again even if it is just for the nostalgia

EDIT- but that dirty one with the broken instruments will DEFINITELY be loaded and flown again..!

falcon409
September 2nd, 2012, 07:55
Great reference Library Milton, Thanks. Admin's. . .how about a sticky?:salute:

Firekitten
September 2nd, 2012, 08:58
Hey guys, anyone getting the downloads breaking halfway?

(ps: Milton, thank you :) )

snow_white
September 2nd, 2012, 09:08
Ahhh just did a very nostalgic flight in that old dirt "lands end" version...

o boy this plane was just awesome into those backstrips/bushflights.

To developers:
--------------
Pretty please can we get a FSX Aero commander. This is ONE plane that I am willing to max out my CR card..
geeeeesssh, please dont let an old fool beg..!

Mr Milton.. Come-on Sir, you knew what a success this plane was in FS9. Nothing fancy asked, just a bit updated. Not huge array of models.. just give us an updated lands end version for FSX. (no 3D gauges etc.. I am more then content with 2D gauges etc..!)

snow_white
September 2nd, 2012, 09:09
Hey guys, anyone getting the downloads breaking halfway?

(ps: Milton, thank you :) )

I have hd no problem with anyone of them. maybe the site is a bit busy now..

Firekitten
September 2nd, 2012, 09:34
I tried them a few times, it varied... got to various percentages, some further, some worked... some didn't. It would zoom or crawl, then suddenly finish and virus scan and complete it... quite a pain, I'll try one from miltons master site and see if its the same. (I love the lands end too, but wasn't ever sold on the missing gauges!

(I too would like a native commander of some form, Milton himself has a lot on his plate, but I'm sure he'd provide the source models for anyone... like he did to John for the A-26,

Milton Shupe
September 2nd, 2012, 10:23
Hey folks, thanks for the comments.

The site was doing that break thing yesterday for awhile too but got better after awhile. My apologies.

I will try to redo the key models next year. They really do need refreshing.

The AC500W with the wood panel and the AC520 and AC560A's were refreshed a few years back. The 680S did not make it through that process so the 680S panel/gauges are lower res in the VC.

I do not have the FSX SDK and do not do Native FSX models. As always, the gmax source is available but the mesh is a bit dated.

italoc
September 2nd, 2012, 12:16
Thanks a lot, Milton
I've just installed the 520v3 in Prepar3D and looked very OK :applause:
It only needs a bit refreshing to FSX taste.

In any case: the usual high quality of your work.
Italo

Thoe6969
September 2nd, 2012, 12:26
Glad to get these back Milton,one little problem on the 560,I don,t have any gauges or cab file.Downloaded the 520 and it's fine.

Milton Shupe
September 2nd, 2012, 15:01
Glad to get these back Milton,one little problem on the 560,I don,t have any gauges or cab file.Downloaded the 520 and it's fine.

My apologies.

Unzip this and copy the ST_560 file into your Panel folder of the 560.

Thanks for the heads-up. :-)

EDIT: I have updated the archive now to include the ST_560.CAB file. Any downloads after this point will have this file.

Thoe6969
September 2nd, 2012, 15:21
My apologies.

Unzip this and copy the ST_560 file into your Panel folder of the 560.

Thanks for the heads-up. :-)

EDIT: I have updated the archive now to include the ST_560.CAB file. Any downloads after this point will have this file. Thanks Milton,it's good to be flying them again.

JoHubb
September 3rd, 2012, 12:12
These beauties are hard to beat!

Here's a link to shockwave lights for them - not sure if they're better.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?57933-Milton-s-Aero-Commanders-3D-Shockwave-treaments

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 12:12
Someone asked about the AC500CA Cargo version so I fleshed out the interior VC model to be a full model. So, if one wanted to do added views for the VC, she is now a full version.

If you wish, you can download, unzip the file and copy the new replacement model file (.mdl) into the ac500ca/model folder. This is for the "dirty" cargo versions.

EDIT: I have also updated the download listed above to include this update. And, I added a net to the cargo area.

JoHubb
September 3rd, 2012, 14:30
FedEx crates etc all loaded and secure.
Is there no end to this man's wizardry?

:salute:

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 20:26
I have re-uploaded the AC520V3.zip if you are interested.

I redid the model to give you a complete interior model for outside views.

I also mapped the glass differently to improve that.

And, I corrected the issue with the gauge backlighting so that they are more realistic. See attached.

The link is the same as the original in the first post.

JoHubb
September 4th, 2012, 01:43
Great stuff again! Thanks, Milton. What a neat insignia you made on underside of the cabin fold down. The panel lights look great - give the impression of a flickering glow reminiscent of that era.

I had a 1930s car in my youth, this night panel reminds me of it! I was never too sure when a bulb would blow, or if the dynamo would pack up. In those days, in the countryside, I drove by moonlight many a time.

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 04:13
Great stuff again! Thanks, Milton. What a neat insignia you made on underside of the cabin fold down. The panel lights look great - give the impression of a flickering glow reminiscent of that era.

I had a 1930s car in my youth, this night panel reminds me of it! I was never too sure when a bulb would blow, or if the dynamo would pack up. In those days, in the countryside, I drove by moonlight many a time.

LOL Thanks John. I too remember those days in the 50's, driving under a full moon on a back country road in an old '48 Pontiac straight 8. :wiggle:

flaviossa
September 4th, 2012, 04:15
Nice improvments! Thanks Milton :salute:

thunder100
September 4th, 2012, 07:00
I have re-uploaded the AC520V3.zip if you are interested.

Dear Milton

Is that the

ac520v31pkg.zip

file?

Thanks

Roland

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 07:15
Dear Milton

Is that the

ac520v31pkg.zip

file?

Thanks

Roland

This is the link: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac520v3.zip

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 08:20
The AC500W (wood panel) is another great hand-flyer. Since I have gotten the process down to quickly convert the VC interior to a full model, I converted the AC500W this morning, corrected some glass mapping and improved the specular, and verified the night gauge backlighting.

In testing these conversions, I had not remembered just how nicely these Aero Commanders fly and handle. Sweet stuff!

Anyhow, I have uploaded the conversion and it is now available.

Same link as in the first post: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500w.zip

This is a small download, about 14+MB but is the whole package.
Simply replace your existing folder for the AC500W if you downloaded this earlier.

EMatheson
September 4th, 2012, 08:55
I want to thank you very much, Mr. Shupe... your creations are wonderful and I get a lot of enjoyment from flying them...
My favorites are the Beech 18, Spartan, and the C1A cargo edition - they get regular use.

While we discuss the Commanders, though, I've got a request to make. I've become a regular VC-only sort of simmer - and the lack of functionality on the overhead panels in the Commander FPS VC updates has been driving me crazy. I've chosen to stick with the original editions rather than upgrade - there at least the overheads work. Would it be possible to remap the overhead panels in for gauges in the VC? The affected Commanders are the AC520 and AC500 wood panel... I don't know of FPS updates for the other Commanders.
Thanks for considering this, at least...

thunder100
September 4th, 2012, 09:20
Thanks Uncle MILTON

Roland

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 09:27
I'll look at that EMatheson. Thanks

EDIT: The 500's have a clickable overhead. I will update the 520.

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 12:26
Just completed the full interior model for the AC560A(HC), plus other imprvements. The 560 was a screamer with its high compression engine and geared prop. Her panel was more unique and this model (like all the others) represents the era-correct panel.

Two factory paint schemes plus a real world scheme from one used during project development.

Two screenshots taken just off Vancouver Airport on a narrow strip of land, about 50 feet wide. Fun to land on and take a few screenshots.

Uploaded and available at the original link: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip

For those of you who already downloaded the earlier post, if you do not need the full interior model, you can pass on this one.

Naismith
September 4th, 2012, 13:03
Thanks Milton, that 560 took 3 attempts to get it d/l but got her in the end. Thanks again :-)

JoHubb
September 4th, 2012, 13:34
At the risk of killing the Shupe goose that's laying all these golden eggs, can I add my plea for a port-over Beech 18 (G18S or D or whatever don't matter). It was another lovely plane to fly. I remember the Greg Pepper (RIP) version for FS2002 which was superb too.

Thanks for these latest, Milton. :jump:

dandog
September 4th, 2012, 15:02
AC500W is my all time favorite. My preferred in FS9 and will be in FSX. It is the quintessential SUV of the air!:jump:

aircav1970
September 4th, 2012, 15:37
Thank you Milton,I love the Aero Commanders also,one of my all time favorites!:jump:

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 16:47
Thanks Milton, that 560 took 3 attempts to get it d/l but got her in the end. Thanks again :-)

Thanks for yoru patience. Not sure what's going on with my host provider but I will find out. :salute:

At the risk of killing the Shupe goose that's laying all these golden eggs, can I add my plea for a port-over Beech 18 (G18S or D or whatever don't matter). It was another lovely plane to fly. I remember the Greg Pepper (RIP) version for FS2002 which was superb too. Thanks for these latest, Milton. :jump:

Like the Aero Commanders, the D18S is a bit dated but I think I can get that done this week. Thanks for asking. :wavey: It also helps that there are about a hundred repaints out there. :applause:

AC500W is my all time favorite. My preferred in FS9 and will be in FSX. It is the quintessential SUV of the air!:jump:

Thank you; absolutely the best hand flyers in my stable. :wiggle: These were my first efforts at flight models after the Dash 7.

Thank you Milton,I love the Aero Commanders also,one of my all time favorites!:jump: Happy that you still feel that way Sir. :-)

Milton Shupe
September 4th, 2012, 17:58
I'll look at that EMatheson. Thanks

EDIT: The 500's have a clickable overhead. I will update the 520.

The AC520 is now updated with a full clickable overhead.

Same link as above: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac520v3.zip

TuFun
September 4th, 2012, 18:55
Thanks Milton, much appreciated! -TF

Dexdoggy
September 4th, 2012, 19:04
:salute: I salute you!
The Aero Commanders (way back in FS2002) were the reason I got "in" to flight simming! These will always hold a fond memory for me!

Obie311
September 4th, 2012, 22:45
Like the Aero Commanders, the D18S is a bit dated but I think I can get that done this week. Thanks for asking.

Quite fond of your D18's. I've virtually flown them a lot out of L20A in Laos. We had a beautiful red tri-gear (http://www.billaustinaircraft-yacht.com/64beech/index.shtml) (H-18?) that was based at PDK when I did my initial flight training. It was once featured on the cover of the AOPA magazine. I can't wait to fly the new version if you make it. The old one was pretty good.

I had the Aero Commanders as well in FSX. I loved the exterior (especially the Mobil Pegasus). The flight model seemed good but the resolution on some of the panels put me off so I didn't fly them much. I kind of switched over to the Turbo Commander instead. I just downloaded the AC560 and took it off from Santa Paula and did a low pass over the field and a quick trip up the valley. Once again a very nice job!

Regards,
Obie

Firekitten
September 5th, 2012, 02:08
Milton, you are far too good to us... you push yourself and strive for excellence, and that is commendable. Never have I seen someone in this world spend so little time on their laurels.

The Beech 18 is perfect... a timeless classic. I still prefer your fs9 version to the fsx native!

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 04:00
Quite fond of your D18's. I've virtually flown them a lot out of L20A in Laos. We had a beautiful red tri-gear (http://www.billaustinaircraft-yacht.com/64beech/index.shtml) (H-18?) that was based at PDK when I did my initial flight training. It was once featured on the cover of the AOPA magazine. I can't wait to fly the new version if you make it. The old one was pretty good.

I had the Aero Commanders as well in FSX. I loved the exterior (especially the Mobil Pegasus). The flight model seemed good but the resolution on some of the panels put me off so I didn't fly them much. I kind of switched over to the Turbo Commander instead. I just downloaded the AC560 and took it off from Santa Paula and did a low pass over the field and a quick trip up the valley. Once again a very nice job!

Regards,
Obie

Thank you Obie. Except for the 680S, the panels and gauges are a big improvement over those originally released. I hope you will try out the the D18S portover I will post today.

Milton, you are far too good to us... you push yourself and strive for excellence, and that is commendable. Never have I seen someone in this world spend so little time on their laurels.

The Beech 18 is perfect... a timeless classic. I still prefer your fs9 version to the fsx native!

Well, thank you. I will be posting one model of the D18S today as a beta portover. Maybe some of you can check it out. I appreciate all your efforts as well.

Firekitten
September 5th, 2012, 07:11
Rodger sir! Will test it out, I love that old gal!

ViperPilot2
September 5th, 2012, 08:05
I have the AC500 v1 for FS 9, with the paint texture "Smuggler's Dream". I love that airplane, and have been flying it in both FS 9 and FS 2002.

Another big thank you to Milton and the team; it's refreshing to trade e-mails with a great designer who treats you like a member of the family,
always there to offer tips and suggestions and asking for recommendations about the product.

Here's a request for an 'obscure' airplane... how about the airplane that the Spirit of St. Louis was based from; the Ryan M-1 or M-2 Brougham?
Personally, I've never seen one modeled for FS, but it would be a pretty cool addition nonetheless!

Thanks for everything, Milton! :applause:

Alan :wavey:

snow_white
September 5th, 2012, 08:40
thanks again for all the chnages.

2 things
In my latest 520 download where you added the top panel. I do not have the 2 knobs for setting rudder and elevator trim
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/520_02.jpg

I can see your picture do show them and they are definately in the panel.cfg, but I suspect that the current gauges cab file in the 520 (ST_500.cab)do not contain them.
I copied the ST_500.cab file in the 560, renamed it to ST_520.cab and added it to the 520 panel folder and just renamed the panel entries undeer vcocpit03 as follows now it work in my version also.
gauge26=ST_520!Elev_TrimD, 136,709,35,185
gauge27=ST_520!Rud_TrimD, 588,649,208,208

Could you have a look at the view of the oustide temp meter after you added the top instrument panel. from the view looking straight ahead as you posted above in your post, the whole gauge is visible, but when you sit in the pilots seat and look up at the outside temperature meter, then you will find that the meter is obscured by a large degree. This is not the same in the other models, but then again in the othr models it seem that the top panels has been placed a bit further back.
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/520_01.jpg

thanks again
JB

EMatheson
September 5th, 2012, 08:47
Thanks for the upgraded AC520! That hits the spot!
I'll be putting a lot more time on that one now, I think... aside from the panel problem, it always was my favorite of the bunch.

dandog
September 5th, 2012, 09:22
Milton, please excuse my ignorance. I downloaded http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip, and the model and interior model files are zero kbs (the ones added outside of the model folder). Should they not have some data?

Remember, "Sharp as bowling ball and just as dense". That's me.

Daniel

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 09:52
Milton, please excuse my ignorance. I downloaded http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip, and the model and interior model files are zero kbs (the ones added outside of the model folder). Should they not have some data?

Remember, "Sharp as bowling ball and just as dense". That's me.

Daniel

For some reason, my website is having download issues. Try the download again and watch the progress. Ensure you get the whole zip file.

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 10:02
thanks again for all the chnages.

2 things
In my latest 520 download where you added the top panel. I do not have the 2 knobs for setting rudder and elevator trim
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/520_02.jpg

I can see your picture do show them and they are definately in the panel.cfg, but I suspect that the current gauges cab file in the 520 (ST_500.cab)do not contain them.
I copied the ST_500.cab file in the 560, renamed it to ST_520.cab and added it to the 520 panel folder and just renamed the panel entries undeer vcocpit03 as follows now it work in my version also.
gauge26=ST_520!Elev_TrimD, 136,709,35,185
gauge27=ST_520!Rud_TrimD, 588,649,208,208

Could you have a look at the view of the oustide temp meter after you added the top instrument panel. from the view looking straight ahead as you posted above in your post, the whole gauge is visible, but when you sit in the pilots seat and look up at the outside temperature meter, then you will find that the meter is obscured by a large degree. This is not the same in the other models, but then again in the othr models it seem that the top panels has been placed a bit further back.
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/520_01.jpg

thanks again
JB

Ah, my apologies. I put the early version of the ST_500.cab in the panel folder but I was using the latest version from the gauges folder. The Gauges folder takes precedence over panel folder content.

Attaching the latest version. You need to revert the panel.cfg back to what I distributed.

This ST_500 zip has the .cab file inside. Unzip the folder then copy the ST_500.cab to your AC520V3/panel folder or to your FSX/Gauges folder. Several of these aircraft use this cab so be certain you are using the latest version here.

jungle_balloo
September 5th, 2012, 10:15
Hello Milton,

I confirm the problem of downloading.
I can not downloading files over.
This cuts before the end. :banghead:

Olivier

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 10:40
Hello Milton,

I confirm the problem of downloading.
I can not downloading files over.
This cuts before the end. :banghead:

Olivier

Olivier, I will be uploading these files to SOH once I am certain the issues are resolved. Keep trying or wait for the SOH uploads. Thanks for the awareness.

Dain Arns
September 5th, 2012, 10:47
I had the best luck downloading the files singly, one by one.
Whenever I tried downloading more than one at a time, I got CRC errors, or cutoffs.
There were a couple I had to re-download a few times, but eventually it succeeded.

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 10:54
NOTICE: I have removed all files now so that final updates can be applied.

I will upload all these files to the SOH library today.

Thanks to all of you who identified the issues and did the swamp tests. :-)

Dain Arns
September 5th, 2012, 10:57
NOTICE: I have removed all files now so that final updates can be applied.

I will upload all these files to the SOH library today.

Great to hear.
Thanks again for doing this, Milton. :salute: :applause:
I forgot how much I missed these aircraft in FSX.
I used to fly the 'Pegasus' a lot in FS9.

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 11:01
Great to hear.
Thanks again for doing this, Milton. :salute: :applause:
I forgot how much I missed these aircraft in FSX.
I used to fly the 'Pegasus' a lot in FS9.

Interestly, the AC520 and the AC680S Pegasus versions is what convinced me to do this series. :wiggle:

jungle_balloo
September 5th, 2012, 11:07
Milton,
Thank you for your effort to put everything in order. :jump:

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 12:29
I just uploaded the following aircraft packages to SOH FSX library. Hopefully they will show by Thursday Sept. 06, 2012.

AC520V3
AC560VC3
AC500CA1 - Cargo Dirty/Clean
AC500W - Wood Panel

I did not upload the AC680S as the panel is not up to a reasonable standard yet. I will try to correct that later.
I did not upload the AC500SV as I did not have the gmax source to convert it.

Chunk
September 5th, 2012, 14:39
Thank you so much Milton. One quick question. Is the Shrike included in the package?

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 16:10
Thank you so much Milton. One quick question. Is the Shrike included in the package?

Chunk,

I did not include it because the interior model is just a low-poly shell, not a complete aircraft.

A team member built the Shrike and I do not have the gmax source to correct that.

If you want the original release, it can be seen here:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/Shrike/

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 16:14
Rami has posted the uploads so you can now download them from SOH.

AC520: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=33&linkid=14294

AC560A(HC): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=33&linkid=14295

AC500CA1 (Cargo Dirty): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=33&linkid=14296

AC500W(ood panel): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=33&linkid=14297

Thanks

Chunk
September 5th, 2012, 16:32
Thanks Milton!

snow_white
September 5th, 2012, 17:00
I am sorry to be such a nuisance, but did the 520v3 lost it's yoke.
Personally I prefer it this way but the die-hards might ask for it. For me it is sometimes nice to have the functionality to have the yokes removed.

this was the very latest download just before you removed them and uploaded them to SOH
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/2012-9-6_2-55-21-751.jpg

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 17:18
The yokes in that aircraft can be hidden/unhidden by using the slash key. :wiggle:

snow_white
September 6th, 2012, 11:23
The yokes in that aircraft can be hidden/unhidden by using the slash key. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/wiggle.gif

and you only tell me that now.. after all these years.. Ok maybe I should have read the manual along the line

snow_white
September 6th, 2012, 11:34
Well after a long hard alaska winter I somehow had the money to make a few upgrades to old trusty

The yoke just needed replacement, I almost had a crash the other day due to the old yoke that got stuck momentarily, and decided it will be cheaper to upgrade the GPS instead of broken gauges. Who need gauges anyway. GPS can be a life saver.
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/lands02.jpg

and the front windscreens were leaking water so the window support had to be replaced.
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/lands01.jpg

As you see I am actually busy creating a set of "redux" textures for the VC's and some of those that has been changed has also been made larger. Some 2x larger and some 4x larger. (yes some are actually 2048x2048). The wood panel version has already a huge number of corrections like brand new mats and seats and curtains etc etc..!
Still a very long way to go but when I am finished the VC will look a lot more crisper..!

snow_white
September 7th, 2012, 14:57
Some WIP screens. Yes some will not agree to colour scheme, but this is what I like.

The commander 500 wood.. Amazing taking into consideration these models are about 8-10 years old. Still good enough to thoroughly enjoy..!

Before
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/2012-9-8_0-45-52-671.jpg

After
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/2012-9-8_0-43-45-782.jpg

Before
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/2012-9-8_0-46-22-580.jpg

After
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/2012-9-8_0-44-3-639.jpg

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 15:02
Great stuff; nice work :applause:

doublecool
September 7th, 2012, 16:02
Mr Shupe, if you please, is there any way to get the the clean VC and passenger interior for the 500 model

love the wood panel but the old original was a favorite

just a request :salute:

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 16:44
Mr Shupe, if you please, is there any way to get the the clean VC and passenger interior for the 500 model

love the wood panel but the old original was a favorite

just a request :salute:

Thanks DC.

Do you mean this one? Came with both a gray and tan panel for the 3 paint schemes.

snow_white
September 7th, 2012, 17:30
Thanks DC.

Do you mean this one? Came with both a gray and tan panel for the 3 paint schemes.

OH yes please..!!

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 17:44
I'm working on it. Should be ready Saturday. :-)

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 19:34
I just uploaded the standard AC500 with the panels shown above.

This aircraft has two panels (tan and blue/gray), a mid-50's interior and three paint schemes.

Thanks for requesting this one. I had forgotten it.

The file name is ac500vc1x.zip and should be available soon.

racartron
September 8th, 2012, 00:01
I just uploaded the standard AC500 with the panels shown above.

This aircraft has two panels (tan and blue/gray), a mid-50's interior and three paint schemes.

Thanks for requesting this one. I had forgotten it.

The file name is ac500vc1x.zip and should be available soon.

Thanks Milton!!! Busy with a bunch of new payware birds, but had to stop and grab this as well as all the other masterpieces from your awesome mind.

I did notice that something is missing from the interior however. I have the panel and interior seating bits but no general interior walls. I look down in th VC and irs open to the outside. I'm guessing it is something to do with the way the model.cfg os handling stuff.

The outside is fine so it's very flyable -- just don't look down.:icon_lol:

Edit: This issue is on the N22WR and NASA liveries. The N500MS is complete.

dvj
September 8th, 2012, 01:33
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8928/ac500.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/ac500.jpg/)

doublecool
September 8th, 2012, 01:42
Thanks DC.

Thats them...they have the well kept look

Thank you very much Mr Shupe

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 05:01
Thanks Milton!!! Busy with a bunch of new payware birds, but had to stop and grab this as well as all the other masterpieces from your awesome mind.

I did notice that something is missing from the interior however. I have the panel and interior seating bits but no general interior walls. I look down in th VC and irs open to the outside. I'm guessing it is something to do with the way the model.cfg os handling stuff.

The outside is fine so it's very flyable -- just don't look down.:icon_lol:

Edit: This issue is on the N22WR and NASA liveries. The N500MS is complete.

OMG! LOL

Seems that FSX does not like 32-bit with no alpha ... that was the issue for two paint schemes. The other was 8-bit and it worked fine.

You have two choices to correct the issue:

1) Change the "doorpanelgray.bmp" textures to 8-bit or convert the 32-bit to have a white alpha channel; or
2) Download the replacement texture for the 2 paint schemes, attached.

My apologies. I guess I tested the model on the only 1 of 3 that did not have the issue.

Brian_Gladden
September 8th, 2012, 05:06
How about the Shrikes? Those were my Favs in FS9

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 05:16
How about the Shrikes? Those were my Favs in FS9

Hi Brian,

The Shrike was done by a team member, Paul Saunders. I do not have the gmax source for that one so cannot upgrade it. Sorry. :-/

snow_white
September 8th, 2012, 07:08
A few quick changes to be a bit more individualistic. Time to go fly..!

N22WR
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_n22wr.jpg

NASA
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_nasa-1.jpg

ORANGE
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_orange.jpg

snow_white
September 8th, 2012, 13:25
Well I found an old texture hidden away so I used that one and decided I also do a "GREY" colours cheme. Grey seats and grey carpets and grey roof with a new light etc..

View of panel and controls now more "grey-ish"
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_wood01.jpg

view to back
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_wood02.jpg

racartron
September 8th, 2012, 15:44
Here's a camera setup that works pretty good for all the Aero Commanders:

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Right Seat"
Guid = {b1c13530-89ca-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.4
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.63, 0, 0.0
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0
HotKeySelect=5
[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "IFR Main Instruments"
Guid = {b1c13534-89ca-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.62
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=10
HeadingPanRate=20
InitialXyz=0.0, -0.068, 0
InitialPbh=24.5, 0, 0
HotKeySelect=2
[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Radios And GPS"
Guid = {b1c13532-89ca-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.1
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=10
HeadingPanRate=20
InitialXyz=0.06, -0.1, 0
InitialPbh=21.8, 0, 14
HotKeySelect=6
[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "Light Switches"
Guid = {0de69120-1853-11de-8c30-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=10
HeadingPanRate=20
InitialXyz=0.42, -0.15, 0.1
InitialPbh=32, 0, 330
HotKeySelect=7
[CameraDefinition.4]
Title = "Environment Controls"
Guid = {2b0b6f30-1855-11de-8c30-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.95
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=10
HeadingPanRate=20
InitialXyz=0.1, 0, 0.1
InitialPbh=39, 0, 35
HotKeySelect=8
[CameraDefinition.5]
Title = "Fuel Tank Selector"
Guid = {6fb16dc0-28ee-11de-8c30-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=10
HeadingPanRate=20
InitialXyz=0.2, 0, 0
InitialPbh=75, 0, 40
HotKeySelect=9
[CameraDefinition.6]
Title = "Cabin"
Guid = {9614c310-1db6-11de-8c30-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.39
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.57, -0.06, -2.17
InitialPbh=15, 0, 335
[CameraDefinition.7]
Title = "Rear Window"
Guid = {b63108d0-1db0-11de-8c30-0800200c9a66}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.4
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.57, -0.06, -2.17
InitialPbh=15, 0, 72

[CameraDefinition.8]
Title = "Tail"
Guid = {ab28c477-8513-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Description = Rear View
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.8
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0, 1, -20.0
InitialPbh = 1.2, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
[CameraDefinition.9]
Title = "Right Wing"
Guid = {ab28c478-8513-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Description = Right Side View
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.9
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 20, 0.7, 0
InitialPbh = 1.5, 0, 266.5
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum
MomentumEffect=FALSE
[CameraDefinition.10]
Title = "FrontRight"
Guid = {ab28c479-8513-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Description = Front-right three-quarter view
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.9
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 14, 0.5, 14
InitialPbh = 0.5, 0, 223
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum
MomentumEffect=FALSE
[CameraDefinition.11]
Title = "FrontLeft"
Guid = {ab28c480-8513-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Description = Front-left three-quarter view
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.6
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -5, 2.1, 13.0
InitialPbh = 8, 0, 161
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
[CameraDefinition.12]
Title = "RearLeft"
Guid = {ab28c481-8513-11db-b606-0800200c9a66}
Description = Rear-left three-quarter view
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.8
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -14, 0.5, -14
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 46
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum
MomentumEffect=FALSE

Portia911
September 8th, 2012, 19:40
Just like to add a note of appreciation to Milton.
i've been using the Shrike Commander for a while in Air Hauler, as it was the only 'Commander' with sufficient cockpit clickability for my liking. Now these ones have been updated, I will have the full series to try out. Yee-haa!
Thank you, Sir. :salute:

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 19:47
Thank you Portia911. It is always a pleasure to give to those who appreciate the effort and use the products for so many years.

I hope that these work as well for you.

JoHubb
September 9th, 2012, 00:40
Milton, My abject apologies are surely due. Before all this began I PM'd you about an FSX port-over for the AC500. Since then the project has just growed and growed, Topsy-like. I never imagined that you would end up re-designing the entire Aero Commander fleet. Oh dear!

But...now that the leaks and draughts have been sealed and new yokes fitted, not to mention the plush new interior furnishings, I'm going to bring my wife on my next trip. She hates flying and insists on going first class. Now, she can!

Thanks a bunch, Milton. I've run out of superlatives. :jump:

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 03:13
I refer to the post below and numerous others like these about missing alphas and mimaps
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382519-a-huge-fps-increase/page__st__175#entry2461271

Please note that there are a HUGE quantity of textures in all the aero comander portovers that do NOT have the necessary alphas and / or Mipmaps. (Bitmaps with DXT3 format without alphas and mipmaps) This do results in blury textures and unnecessary strain on your graphic cards especially if you have the latest graphics cards that struggle to keep up if they dont find the mipmaps. (So if your scenery suddenly become very blurry when flying the commanders, it is because your graphics card try its hart out on the commander textures and then all other textures (eg scenery) get loaded last.. resulting in blurred scenery, this could be the cause of it)

I have redone all the textures and it is making a HUGE difference. Please dont shoot the messenger.. It work for me on my machine and my set-up and as I said the effect is absolute mindblowing. Suddenly my scenery is again as I expected to be with any native FSX developed plane.

Anyway for what's it worth.

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 05:29
Took her for a Full IFR flight in RAIN..

Anyone know how to fix. I know I have seen many posts how to correct a specific flight1 problem in the past, but I dont know how to fix this in the commander.
Any ideas for the green windows. I have not yet tried the other commanders in RAIN. Only the Wood panel one at this stage.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_wood03.jpg

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 06:01
Took her for a Full IFR flight in RAIN..

Anyone know how to fix. I know I have seen many posts how to correct a specific flight1 problem in the past, but I dont know how to fix this in the commander.
Any ideas for the green windows. I have not yet tried the other commanders in RAIN. Only the Wood panel one at this stage.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_wood03.jpg

Check that you have this in the Effects section:

windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 06:03
I refer to the post below and numerous others like these about missing alphas and mimaps
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382519-a-huge-fps-increase/page__st__175#entry2461271

Please note that there are a HUGE quantity of textures in all the aero comander portovers that do NOT have the necessary alphas and / or Mipmaps. (Bitmaps with DXT3 format without alphas and mipmaps) This do results in blury textures and unnecessary strain on your graphic cards especially if you have the latest graphics cards that struggle to keep up if they dont find the mipmaps. (So if your scenery suddenly become very blurry when flying the commanders, it is because your graphics card try its hart out on the commander textures and then all other textures (eg scenery) get loaded last.. resulting in blurred scenery, this could be the cause of it)

I have redone all the textures and it is making a HUGE difference. Please dont shoot the messenger.. It work for me on my machine and my set-up and as I said the effect is absolute mindblowing. Suddenly my scenery is again as I expected to be with any native FSX developed plane.

Anyway for what's it worth.

Thanks SW. Since you have already been through them all, do you have a list to share with everyone?

I put these Aero Commanders out for test here before release and there were many, many downloads and no reported texture issues. That's kind of frustrating. :-/

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 08:25
Well as I have already done mine I cannot tell you. I redownloaded and put these an a seperate temporary location and ran alpha searcher again for you. Here is the results

AC500ca1 Alphas
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC500ca1_alpha.jpg

AC500ca1 Mipmaps
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC500ca1_mipmaps.jpg

AC500vc1x Alphas
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC500vc1x_Alphas.jpg

AC500vc1x Mipmaps
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC500vc1x_mipmaps.jpg

AC500w Alphas
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC500w_alphas.jpg

AC500w Mipmaps
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC500w_mipmaps.jpg

AC520v3 Alphas
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC520v3_Alphas.jpg

AC520v3 Mipmaps
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC520v3_mipmaps.jpg

AC560v3 Alphas
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC560vc3_Alphas.jpg

AC560v3 Mipmaps
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC560vc3_mipmaps.jpg

AC680v3 Alphas
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC680v3_Alphas.jpg

AC680v3 Mipmaps
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/FileAC680v3_mipmaps.jpg

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 08:33
Thanks SW. Since you have already been through them all, do you have a list to share with everyone?

I put these Aero Commanders out for test here before release and there were many, many downloads and no reported texture issues. That's kind of frustrating. :-/

The thing is that there will be no abnormal anomalies to reports. Most people see degrading scenery etc (blurry, but normally dont think much about it as most people put down to quirkiness of FSX), but never really investigate the problem any further and 95% of people just accept the fact. That is why 98% of people do not see anything wrong with this scenario and never will report this. Its not something like a missing texture that results and nothing shown or just a black area. Textures do show, but these anomalies (no alphas/missing mipmaps) put a HUGE strain on graphic cards.

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 08:37
Check that you have this in the Effects section:

windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

I have added this now. When start up a lot of flashes between green screen and seeing the rain, and then after about 10-20 flashes it just stay green.

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 08:51
I have added this now. When start up a lot of flashes between green screen and seeing the rain, and then after about 10-20 flashes it just stay green.

It would help if you would be specific about which aircraft you have this issue with.

Also, are you running DX10?

I do not have this issue on my FSX system with SP2, Excel and DX9.

TREETOP
September 9th, 2012, 08:59
I am also having a problem with the green windows.
Seems strange as I had the FS9 version in FSX and no problems with the windows.

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 09:02
It would help if you would be specific about which aircraft you have this issue with.

Also, are you running DX10?

I do not have this issue on my FSX system with SP2, Excel and DX9.

Ac500 Wood panel version
No not running DX10 - just normal dx9
System is FSX gold (acceleration)

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 09:11
I am also having a problem with the green windows.
Seems strange as I had the FS9 version in FSX and no problems with the windows.

Sorry that you all are having issues. I wish life among simulators, the miriad of differences, and the endless files, formats and configurations were simpler.

I would recommend that you fly in good weather until I can revisit all these aircraft.

My apologies to all.

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 09:19
Okay, to eliminate frustration and confusion for everyone, I have deleted the Aero Commander FSX Port-Over versions until I can get time to correct texture issues. Sorry for the false start. I'll get them back in order and re-release them at a later date. Meanwhile, carry on. :-) There are a lot of nice aircraft out there to enjoy.

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 09:19
from what I can remember it is a texture that results in the green screen. I will go google a bit. I really cannot remeber the detail, but I knew I have seen posts on green screens from FS9 port overs. But I also knew that there is a solution. What I dont know. So I am off to google a bit. See if I can find those old posts.

EDIT-

Found this, - backed up my FSX and tested. All working 100% now for me.!

IF YOUR TRY THIS: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PROPER BACKUP OF FSX . NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP..

Virtual Cockpit Rain fix for FSX (1.1MB) (http://www.flight1software.com/fsxtools/f1_fsx_vcrainfix.exe) - If you have FSX SP2 or Acceleration installed, you may have solid windows when in the virtual cockpit when it is raining with many addon aircraft. This update repairs FSX so that you can have transparent windows again.
http://www.simviatio...um=1197380641#7 (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=11973%38%30641#7)Flight1 has released a FIX for older FS9 aircraft in SP2/Accleration that have VC rain issues and cause the glass to wash out to blue or other colors.====================================Quote:I f you have been paying attention to any of the recent threads you are probably aware that SP2 has broken FS9 SDK created aircraft with respect to visibility out of the windscreen in the VC when it is raining. It will render the windscreen a solid blue turquoise color.I believe we have a remedy in the form of a utility that we have created. When you run it, it will replace the affected FSX textures with new ones (No, not the FS9 ones, they are our own) and it will back up your existing FSX textures. Restoring those textures is as easy as clicking on the "restore" button.It appears to restore visibility to FS9 > FSX aircraft and does not appear to harm the FSX SDK created aircraft in any way.You may use it, upload it, include it, whatever... but all we ask is that you give us credit. Run the tool and it will fix the VC rain and cockpit windows for FS9 aircrafthttp://www.flight1so...x_vcrainfix.exe (http://www.flight1software.com/fsxtools/f1_fsx_vcrainfix.exe)It back up your original files and will allow a restoreYou now have your windows clear and working=========================================== ==================NOTE: THIS FIX DOES NOT MAKE FSX-FS9 AIRCRAFT HAVE VC RAIN FX, ONLY FIX THE WINDSHIELD PROBLEM. DO NOT RUN THIS TOOL IF YOU WANT TO RESTORE VC RAIN FX TO FS9 AIRCRAFTIf you want VC RAIN to work in FS9 aircraft that have the ability, do not run this tool, instead download the add-on vcrain.zip, rlvcrain.zip which contain modified and the orignal backup vc rain textures for FS9 and work in FSX. Install the FS9 default textures and your VC rain will return to FS9 planes

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 09:24
Okay, to eliminate frustration and confusion for everyone, I have deleted the Aero Commander FSX Port-Over versions until I can get time to correct texture issues. Sorry for the false start. I'll get them back in order and re-release them at a later date. Meanwhile, carry on. :-) There are a lot of nice aircraft out there to enjoy.

Now that is not necessary and that was not the intention to have these excellent planes removed with my post. I for one will fly them till i cant anymore.
and no need to say sorry.. I mean we all enjoy them to bits..

in fact I ran a batch job to add alphas and missing textures. Was not even 2 hours work to have all these converted to include alphas and missing mipmaps.

to the rest of the guys that now have to suffer for my inconsiderate post, I am sorry.

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 09:35
I removed them with good intentions to correct the archives. You have no reason to apologize. You simply highlighted issues that need to be addressed. For that I am appreciative. :wavey:

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 09:51
green screen correction found. See post or two above.

also seen this (but not tried yet)
Google vcrain.zip or rlvcrain.zip and you will find plenty on getting VC rain effects to work on FS9 addons ported over to FSX.
PLEASE NOTE:
vcrain.zip or rlvcrain.zip will give you rain in FSX, but it is ONLY for custom FS9 models and will NOT add it to FSX planes... STILL would be AWESOME to have this again on the Aero commanders.... at least because they are still FS9 models.

as i have just created a backup anyway I will try it later and report back. Should be fun.!

EDIT

Yes it work indeed. not so good as what some developers have done in FSX. I am really in two minds about if I will keep this one
you just need the VCrain.zip file. (all others are just deviations to drop size etc.. but you more then welcome to try them. I did not.
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/flying_bob/cockpit_wood04.jpg

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 11:10
I have all the alpha issues corrected in all the liveries of each aircraft.

Now the question is about MipMaps. Historically, people have been against them saying they cause the aircraft textures to be blurry or not crisp.

I look for input as to add MipMaps or not.

Anyone want to weigh in?

Naismith
September 9th, 2012, 12:50
Mip Maps - I seem to recall reading somewhere that NVidea cards handle them better than ATi. Cannot quote a source however.

snow_white
September 9th, 2012, 13:04
Sorry Milton, I cannot comment for or against. as per the post at avsim I qouted I add mipmaps to all files. I dont see any degrading blurie textures on mymashine. So we need to really get the knowledge-able people coming and present their cases.

As I understand it is ONLY the bitmaps in DX3 or DX5 format that MUST have a mipmap (as I understand the graphics cards will try and find a mipmap and if it is not there it keep looking and that is what put the strain on graphics cards. as long as it find a mipmap within a BMP file in dx3/dx5 format the grpahics card is happy and continue on its merry way processing other textures) - It is ONLY related to the dx3/dx5 bitmaps

again from what I read in the qouted AVSIM post who there seem to many people who know what they talking about. There are a few related posts about the dxtfixer program/utility at avsim, who cover and discuss this in detail. maybe time for some reading
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382811-dxtfixer-utility/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382595-alpha-channels-mips-dxt1dxt3/

This one in particular have a lot of good info.

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 15:11
I do like the DXTFixer utility. After testing it, I ran it on both my FS9 and FSX files. Found a lot of my DXT3's that needed "fixin'" from over the years. Especially the A-26B/C, the Aero Commanders, a few in the D18S, a few in the Howard 500.

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 16:30
I just finished uploading the 5 Aero Commander packages to correct the textures that were missing a few alphas.

I did NOT include MipMaps. That is yours to do if you wish to add them.

Thanks for the feedback and warm comments.

Have fun. :salute:

oldpropfan
September 11th, 2012, 00:57
Thank you for the updates, the Lands End version was one my first ports when I started using FSX and still using it today.

Thought I would try a repaint for myself and have a question as to where 3 things are located on the texture sheets in the paintkit. I circled the parts I need in blue in the picture; the static air ports (?), the nose itself, and the inside of the landing light housing.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/ac5002.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Al

TREETOP
September 11th, 2012, 08:19
All problems fixed and everything looking great.:jump:
Thanks Milton for the great planes.:applause:
Appreciate all the time that you and others put into this hobby.:salute:

Milton Shupe
September 11th, 2012, 08:34
Thank you for the updates, the Lands End version was one my first ports when I started using FSX and still using it today.

Thought I would try a repaint for myself and have a question as to where 3 things are located on the texture sheets in the paintkit. I circled the parts I need in blue in the picture; the static air ports (?), the nose itself, and the inside of the landing light housing.

Thanks for any help,

Al

Al,

The pitots are mapped to graylite.bmp.

The nose is mapped with the fuselage on fuse560_t.bmp. (Attaching a mapping template to show exactly where)

The glass over the landing lights is not mapped to a glass texture that I can see. (??? typical back in early FS9 days)
The light bezel inside the glass is mapped to chrome_t.bmp.

If you need, I will correct the model for teh glass and send you an update.

oldpropfan
September 11th, 2012, 10:36
Thank you Milton, template is a big help. As far as the landing light, I wasn't looking at tinting the glass but looking for the texture that does the cutout itself. Looking at the painkit and the template it looks like it should paint with the fuselage but it came out light gray.

edit: Think I might have figured it out, looks like the glass may be mapped to dirtyglass.bmp and you can barely see whats behind it. Will bring out the power washer after work tonight and see what happens:cool:.

Sundog
September 11th, 2012, 15:27
P.S. - Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you.

I flew the pixels off of FS9 in These Aero Commanders and it's great to have them working again in FSX. :)

Milton Shupe
September 11th, 2012, 18:11
Thank you Milton, template is a big help. As far as the landing light, I wasn't looking at tinting the glass but looking for the texture that does the cutout itself. Looking at the painkit and the template it looks like it should paint with the fuselage but it came out light gray.

edit: Think I might have figured it out, looks like the glass may be mapped to dirtyglass.bmp and you can barely see whats behind it. Will bring out the power washer after work tonight and see what happens:cool:.

Let me know how that goes.

oldpropfan
September 11th, 2012, 22:42
Well, the washing didn't help with the texture issue but my glass is cleaner now. Went back to your first post after my original question and tried the chrome_t.bmp and that was it. When you said bezel it brought to mind something different so I didn't try it. Unfortunately the probe at the nose, some bits on the front gear, and the exhaust tips are all also mapped to this texture; they would probably look strange being orange so I'll leave it be and move on to finishing the paint.

Thanks again for the help.

Al

expat
September 12th, 2012, 01:20
Milton,

I downloaded your revamped AC560 and fired her up. Wow. Looks great in and out in FSX. Moreover, still about the steadiest hand flyer around. Much better than some fancy GA payware I have added recently in that particular department. This is what is meant by creating lasting enjoyment for others.

Thanks again,

expat

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2012, 04:15
Well, the washing didn't help with the texture issue but my glass is cleaner now. Went back to your first post after my original question and tried the chrome_t.bmp and that was it. When you said bezel it brought to mind something different so I didn't try it. Unfortunately the probe at the nose, some bits on the front gear, and the exhaust tips are all also mapped to this texture; they would probably look strange being orange so I'll leave it be and move on to finishing the paint.

Thanks again for the help.

Al

Al,

You want to paint over the lights?

oldpropfan
September 12th, 2012, 21:39
I was trying to paint the recess behind the glass, the circled area that's now textured yellow in the picture. Unfortunately this texture is also used for the tow ring (?) at the nose, some parts on the nose gear, and the exhaust pipe tips at the back of the nacelles. Not a big deal at all, will just return it to black as the exhaust tips look funny being orange :eek:.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/ac500.jpg

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 04:54
I was trying to paint the recess behind the glass, the circled area that's now textured yellow in the picture. Unfortunately this texture is also used for the tow ring (?) at the nose, some parts on the nose gear, and the exhaust pipe tips at the back of the nacelles. Not a big deal at all, will just return it to black as the exhaust tips look funny being orange :eek:.

Ah yes. On this real world aircraft, those parts are all chrome. Maybe a rusty brown would help?

expat
September 13th, 2012, 12:14
Brilliant!!! But forget how good she looks (is there something I am missing that is making the outside as well as inside look more hi res in FSX?). These Twin Commanders just fly as nice and sweet (and predictably like the planes I have flown IRL) as anything payware or freeware in the GA department. Ten year anniversary and they are still as strong as ever. Thanks again for all the fun.

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 12:40
Brilliant!!! But forget how good she looks (is there something I am missing that is making the outside as well as inside look more hi res in FSX?). These Twin Commanders just fly as nice and sweet (and predictably like the planes I have flown IRL) as anything payware or freeware in the GA department. Ten year anniversary and they are still as strong as ever. Thanks again for all the fun.

Thank you Expat. The Commander series was a labor (labour) of love when I was a budding developer. The flight models had many hours invested in them when I was new to that art as well. Fortunately I had an Email friendship with some of the knowledgeable folks in that arena (Ron Freimuth and Hervé Sors) that took the time to explain these things in pages of details. It is a wonder that these projects still have legs after all these years. Certainly not today's quality in terms of eye candy, but fun to fly. The Dash 7 and the Aero Commanders are some of the best hand flyers where you can get some of the smoothest and most graceful landings. They are just fun and predictable.

Oh, that is an awesome screenshot and paint scheme. :-)

Wrongway
October 23rd, 2013, 07:44
.............always a nickel short and a minute too late!:blind:
Can't imagine how many hours I flew around in the Commanders in FS9, hours and hours of short takeoff rolls and postage stamp landings. Tried putting the FS9 versions into FSX.....not good.
And here they were...but unfortunately the links are broken on the first page.
If anyone can point me in the general direction of where I can find these now.....well....just tell me which one you want, left or right, and I'll gift wrap it up and send it off.

Rgds: Jeff

Milton Shupe
October 23rd, 2013, 09:58
.............always a nickel short and a minute too late!:blind:
Can't imagine how many hours I flew around in the Commanders in FS9, hours and hours of short takeoff rolls and postage stamp landings. Tried putting the FS9 versions into FSX.....not good.
And here they were...but unfortunately the links are broken on the first page.
If anyone can point me in the general direction of where I can find these now.....well....just tell me which one you want, left or right, and I'll gift wrap it up and send it off.

Thank you Jeff.

Do this search and find them on pages one and two: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=249&sort=d

Wrongway
October 23rd, 2013, 11:17
Bless you Milton, and thank you.