PDA

View Full Version : Dino F-35 Textures (Painting)

Sundog
September 1st, 2012, 06:48
Hi everyone,

I was just putting some personal markings on one of his F-35s using his blank texture kit, but when I import it into DXTBmp, the texture size gets cut in half; from 4096x4096 to 2048x2048. How do I prevent that from happening?

Thanks.

jeansy
September 1st, 2012, 06:54
Ive had the same problem in the past, I couldnt find a fix as it was designed for older FS version with lower res bmps

Ive cut it away, unless you need alpha channels try imagetool in the fsx sdk

otherwise you might have to upgrade to photoshop

Sundog
September 1st, 2012, 07:27
Thanks. I didn't know you could export to DDS with PS. How do you do that?

NM, found it. At least the NVidia version. For anyone else interested, here's the link;

http://developer.nvidia.com/content/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

letourn
September 10th, 2012, 19:09
IT does work great with imagetool.

Here is a WIP repaint and i am wondering if someone knows how to fix the invert Pilot name on Only one side of the plane.

And its not Flip vertical or Horizontal..looks like the model is taking the same pilot name on either side of the cockpit. I delete one pilot name in the texture and i still have two on the Airplane

Lionheart
September 10th, 2012, 19:34
I love the nVidia tools. Pretty cool that they did that.

Bill

Dino Cattaneo
September 10th, 2012, 23:06
@Letourn

Sorry I had not replied to your email on this issue - I had not been working on the F-35 in the past few weeks, so I forgot to reply to your message.
The UVW coordinates appear to be mirrored - there is no way you can fix it - it has to be done in the 3D model. I'll do that in the next update - which should be released in few weeks.

@ All

Just my two cents, but I find really convenient using the Imagetool with a "command line shortcut" (i.e. a shortcut which calls Imagetool with proper options). It is really easy, as you simply drag and drop your files on the shortcut icon and it does preserve texture size.
Sorry I cannot provide an example right now, but I am away from my FSX computer...

letourn
September 11th, 2012, 09:18
Thanks Dino,

in that case i will continue the BF-02 and the 04.