PDA

View Full Version : At wits end with screen minumizing! Help.......

JIMJAM
September 1st, 2012, 06:33
2 weeks after a total OS reinstall from a HD failure and still not where I was. Now I have a very annoying problem thats got me borderline crazy. Its not just Fsx but also Skyrim, the only other "game" I have loaded.

Full screen game, sim outta no where minumizes to the toolbar. I have to click it and I see what appears to be it coming back. But it does not. I then need to hit alt-enter and eventually full screen reapears.
From my research, I am told its probably a program in the background "phoning home" or doing something that stops the sim. I have tried using End it all a program to kill background progs. I tried Task manager but to be honest, there are so many services I am overwhelmed. I stop,kill the obvious uneeded progs,antivirus..... I went through and disabled any automatic updates that programs used that I could find. My game res and desktop are the same,native.
I am out of ideas so any suggestions welcomed. The usual suspects? Task manager shows whats running,resources ect but is there a easy to use program to record or realtime show what program or event is happening?

Vista 64 all updates. I7 proc,6 gigs, 660TI 2 gig vid card.

JIMJAM
September 3rd, 2012, 07:16
Still no solution.

JIMJAM
September 4th, 2012, 07:48
Possibly solved.

Enditall and a few other background services progs never solved the issue.

I ran across Gamebooster and out of desperation tried it. After 3 flights each lasting 15 minutes or so I have had no minumizing. Sim also loads faster.
Not going to call this solved yet but its encouraging.

Roger
September 5th, 2012, 03:01
There is a part of the AVG Free pack that does this. I can't remember the exact name of the utility as I uninstalled it a while ago.