PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Carrier Op's

Dave Torkington
August 31st, 2012, 07:22
I need some help with fault finding the cause of a slow catapult launch using Rob Barendregt's excellent COP3 pack for FSX.

Two of us can launch perfectly, but my two buddies get the flashing 'catapult ready' light, apply full throttle, get the launch sound but the aircraft just coasts along at no more than about 30Kts...

The problem's not with COP3 - I'm pretty sure something else is conflicting with the launch speed...

Can anyone help please?

We're all using Dino's latest Goshawk with Robs COP3 release 3.0.

Dave :salute:

rcbarend
August 31st, 2012, 08:15
I need some help with fault finding the cause of a slow catapult launch using Rob Barendregt's excellent COP3 pack for FSX.

Two of us can launch perfectly, but my two buddies get the flashing 'catapult ready' light, apply full throttle, get the launch sound but the aircraft just coasts along at no more than about 30Kts...

The problem's not with COP3 - I'm pretty sure something else is conflicting with the launch speed...

Can anyone help please?

We're all using Dino's latest Goshawk with Robs COP3 release 3.0.

Dave :salute:
Hi Dave,

First obvious question: is it working in single-player mode for all four of you ??
Or do your two buddies just have problems in multi-player ??

Rob B.

Dave Torkington
August 31st, 2012, 10:15
Hi Rob,

No, the problem occurs for them in single player mode too.

Regards,

Dave.

p.s. Thought it might be useful to add the panel.cfg.

rcbarend
August 31st, 2012, 11:17
Hi Rob,

No, the problem occurs for them in single player mode too.

Regards,

Dave.

p.s. Thought it might be useful to add the panel.cfg.

Some more questions:
- Which Windows version are your buddies using ?
- Which FSX-version ? (ie SP1, SP2,or Accelleration).
Ie: are there differences between their PC's and yours ? (w.r.t. O/S en FSX version).

Since they hear the launch sound, this must be a problem in the speed force control.
This is what comes to mind:

1. The module Speedcontrol.dll isn't in the correct folder (.\Gauges\COP3\ )

2. FSUIPC isn't installed correctly, or doesn't work.
Make sure to download the lastest version of FSUIPC. Install it, and, in FSX, check if installed correctly.
In the Addon menu, click FSUIPC and check the version.

3. Try to *move* the gauge def. of Speedcontrol to the Vcockpit01 section (1 def. only !)
Note that the gaugenumber must be unique in the Vcockpit section; change if need.

4. Lastly, there are known problems with corrupted Simconnect modules, but FSUIPC usually detects that.
No way to find that out, other then re-installs .. But that really would be the last resort.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Rob

PS:
If none of the above helps, it would the first time I hear in all these years that someone didn't get it to work.
And I always jump in, when I see this COP subject appears on forums, or someone EMails me. So I don't miss much.
Unless someone doesn't report it of course :)

Dave Torkington
August 31st, 2012, 12:27
Thanks for the reply Rob,

We're all running FSX Acceleration.

Will report back on the other points ASAP.

Regards,

Dave.

rcbarend
August 31st, 2012, 12:33
Ok, I'll keep my eye open :)

But if you have more questions, or still can't get it to work, please contact me via normal Email (NO PMs please).
My Email address is in any of my addon Readme's.

Rob

Dave Torkington
August 31st, 2012, 15:02
Hi Rob,

Rather strange, but one of the two buddies having problems has the catapult working now [it worked one time 'offline' and for some reason has worked 100% since both offline and Multiplayer].

Still no joy at all from our last buddy! He's using Windows 7 with UAC off.

Checked / tried points 1, 2 & 3 but no change.

We tried [tested together] renaming the existing FSX Gauges and Airplanes folders then copying over the bare minimum aircraft folders and gauges etc. to new Airplanes / Gauges folders.

My launch worked perfect and his still launched at a snails pace...

So, it looks like your point 4 could well be the case?

Won't be able to report back for a week due to work commitments but will keep you posted Rob.

Thanks again,

Dave.

rcbarend
August 31st, 2012, 17:51
....So, it looks like your point 4 could well be the case?

Won't be able to report back for a week due to work commitments but will keep you posted Rob.

Thanks again,

Dave.
Could be, but I very much doubt it :)
That is: it would be the first time I know of that step being the cure.

What I forgot to mention, by the way:
Make sure that both FSUIPC and the Speedcontrol module are "trusted" when asked upon loading the aircraft.
If you deny "trusting it" (and even worse: Answer No when asked to "ask again"), it will never work.
You can check that in the fsx.cfg file: the line containing the Speedcontrol.dll should end with a "2" (if I remember correctly).

No hurry; you know how to find me. I'm not going anywhere :)

Cheers, Rob

expat
September 1st, 2012, 00:24
Think I have seen this behaviour when I have forgotten to add the COP entries in the VC section of the panel.cfg.

A long time big fan of Rob's gauge's and work.

Dave Torkington
September 1st, 2012, 00:27
We checked the fsx.cfg last night for the COP3 entries and they're all there Rob. FSUIPC is there with 'normal defaults' too and in the FSX Addons of course.

Could I confirm, your pack doesn't require any other default resources from FSX other than the obvious additions to the aircrafts panel.cfg?

Thanks again,

Dave.

orionll
September 1st, 2012, 09:26
An alternative to the COP3 gauge would be to use a multiplayer mission. I've also created a SimConnect tool (currently in public preview) which allows for synchronized carriers, as well (see here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7005.0).

Dave Torkington
September 1st, 2012, 12:22
An alternative to the COP3 gauge would be to use a multiplayer mission. I've also created a SimConnect tool (currently in public preview) which allows for synchronized carriers, as well (see here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7005.0).

So you can inject AI into a peer to peer session... Mighty fine work orionll

Can I ask, does the session host have to start the carrier or can anyone?

If I may drop you a line re. the possibility of adding a location for the carrier?

Even better if the location could be customized through the menu...

Will check it out - thanks very much :salute:

orionll
September 1st, 2012, 13:51
Because boat AI is local, everyone must use the program. I've also added the Strait of Otranto, as per your request.

Just make sure to follow the steps (and read the FAQ) outlined in the main post at FSDT. The gist of it is to make sure everyone chooses the same time as everyone else. If you're flying with someone in a different time zone, be sure to correct for that (all times are local - there's a message that confirms time in UTC, though).

Dave Torkington
September 1st, 2012, 14:37
Because boat AI is local, everyone must use the program. I've also added the Strait of Otranto, as per your request.

Just make sure to follow the steps (and read the FAQ) outlined in the main post at FSDT. The gist of it is to make sure everyone chooses the same time as everyone else. If you're flying with someone in a different time zone, be sure to correct for that (all times are local - there's a message that confirms time in UTC, though).

Fantastic Orion,

Makes perfect sense that the carrier would be 'local' and everyone treats it as normal AI and syncs time.

Checked out the carrier in 'Free Flight' off Venice and she appeared just fine. Got all the LSO callouts and 112.0 Tacan too.

Thanks,

Dave.

rcbarend
September 1st, 2012, 15:20
We checked the fsx.cfg last night for the COP3 entries and they're all there Rob. FSUIPC is there with 'normal defaults' too and in the FSX Addons of course.

Could I confirm, your pack doesn't require any other default resources from FSX other than the obvious additions to the aircrafts panel.cfg?

Thanks again,

Dave.
Hi Dave,

Yes, no other stuff required ...

One more suggestion.
To make sure it's not some kind of SImconnect problem, I suggest you try another addon that uses any of my VTOL stuff.
In e.g Wilco Tiltrotor or HJJ, or if you don't have those, a freeware package here from the library; like my Skycar 400, or any of UKMILs Harriers.
If they don't work either, you're sure it's a Simconnect problem.

Rob

Dave Torkington
September 1st, 2012, 22:21
Good call Rob,

Your Skycar 400 it is!

Thanks, Dave.